• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It looks both good and bad to me. Looks like great textures, but same as Mother Brain, it seems a bit painted on.

Either way, nice that he didn't just give us a throwaway due to the Direct coming up.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
Good to see this one back! I like to think this metroid is the baby one from Super Metroid.
Guess we'll have to wait 'till tomorrow to see if this is a hint or not.

splat

Smash Lord
Jellyfish is helping the hype yes

Eh, I do think it looks a bit off, though. The mirroring of the veins (and by extension, the mirroring of the shadows/highlights on it) I can live with, but the... er... meatballs also look like they're a 2D sprite.. it looks a bit off to me :/

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Watch us get another Peach photo before the direct. I might disappointed if we don't see her.

I have to say, even with the Direct coming even closer, Sakurai's still releasing quality updates very single day.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
I am more inclined to believe that the Metroid appearance hints more at Palutena than Ridley. The chapter in Uprising that had the Metroid-like creatures, Komaytos, was a town being attacked. The caption makes mention of this... "An insatiable, unidentified extraterrestrial is targeting a certain peaceful town…!" Pretty sure this pic of the day is a reference to that chapter. Palutena even gives Pit a lesson about them during gameplay.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I see we have a direct tomorrow, I have checked every single pixel of the pic of day to see what we should expect tomorrow

Espio264

Smash Ace
Yes, how dare a huge group of people who've wanted an extremely popular and important character for a long time be happy. How dare they.
Don't be Rickdiculous.

If we get something we want on a day that we think we might get it, the universe might explode! Good thing we've got all those other universes.

Expect something girly, but silently will Ridley into actuality. It's how I'm playing this.

On another note, I'm hoping for some grand, 4 character party picture with a quote wishing us a Happy Smash Day!

19 hours...

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm not so sure I expect this, but I can totally imagine a trailer for a newcomer like Kalos Trainer, Palutena, Robin or someone and when we think its over we hear "Falcon Punch!" and Cpt. Falcon is revealed, some small clips with him, then the trailer continues to cover online mode or something and then "Wahaha!" and Wario is here and speeds through story mode on his bike, I dunno.
But for the pic tonight? Y'know some filler about "Todays the day! Watch the direct!"

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Final Destination will be revealed today, with a caption stating: "Pic of the Day. Final Destination returns! Be sure to tune in to the special Smash Bros. Direct today at 3pm PST! I guarantee there will be lots of surprises!"

...Something along those lines. Haha

juddy96

Smash Lord
I'm going into the direct with no expectations and just being happy with what is shown. 1 newcomer? Great. A veteran too? Wonderful. Gameplay? Fantastic. You feel more satisfied if you come in with no expectations only to have info dumped.

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I hope the pic of the day confirms Ridley as a stage hazard. Just to murder people's dreams.

:troll:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So! I expect a pic talking about the Direct, obviously. Maybe not a Hint or so, but a mention. Like, a bunch of characters prepared to butcher Toad while Toad screams
Toad: "Noo! Ok! Ridley WILL show up tomorrow!"
Phew, the other characters say.
Toad: "As a backgrounds detail! Mwahahahaha!"
That was the last time we Heard Toad.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Ok, I can't even do it. I wanted to stay up for the pic, but I won't be able to make it. My eyes are extremely heavy.

I'll check the update tomorrow morning. Night guys, tomorrow...it begins.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Last PotD before the Direct! So exciting. This place is a ghost town, obviously no one expects anything before tomorrow. I don't either, but it'll still be fun to see if Sakurai reminds us about it.

Let's see if he plays mind games with us... Kid Icarus AT... stage from something like Golden Sun/Xenoblade... PYROSPHERE MADNESS?!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's morning here.
It begins.
I love you guys.
I kinda care for you, too. :3

So, I do hope this Pic of the Day will be something neat, to make the wait a Little easier. Do know that if it shows Pyrosphere, or anything Metroid related, I will HAVE to expect a certain Purple Space Dragon. And I hate having to do that, cuz' I tend to not get what I want. D:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Watch it be a picture of all the female characters in pyrosphere. Is it teasing Palutena or Ridley? ... or both?
Samus + Pit on either Pyrosphere or Palutena's Temple please

Throw in Pikachu too for all the hype too.

Heck put Donkey Kong in too.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
That's not real, right? It's way too big of an image and it's an hour early, right?

schavira

Smash Journeyman
"Mystery_Creature_husk_Pyrosphere_HD.jpg" from the Metroid Wiki. I think they were attempting to tease Ridley by posting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom