• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Anyone noticed the jaggy left tooth on Metroid? Probably means its maw will skitter! Oh, and Metroid gets two Assist Trophies of all franchises!

Filler pic for tomorrow will be fine. Maybe revealing something indiscriminately like with Peach's Up Air?

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Actually, today's "hint" is not about the Metroid... It's about something that also was in Friday's pic..

It's the Animal Crossing stage!

Tom Nook confirmed!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Actually, today's "hint" is not about the Metroid... It's about something that also was in Friday's pic..

It's the Animal Crossing stage!

Tom Nook confirmed!
I'd like Tom Nook, his moveset would be unique and evil. XD Also, let's say Sakurai adds four 'Clones' to beef up the roster. I could see Tom Nook = Villager, Medusa = Palutena, Alph = Olimar, and so on. Not saying Nook would have to be a clone, but if Sakurai aimed to beef it all up with clones, I can see that happen.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I want to say that this has no bearing on whether Ridley will be the newcomer revealed in the Direct or not but, the confirmation of something Metroid-related returning makes me think otherwise...

Wait. Maybe this is actually a hint towards Palutena's reveal. Remember the Komaytos?
And the space pirates! Palutena confirmed. Maybe we will also get something Animal Crossing because we now have 2 pics in a row with the animal crossing stage

ZealRed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZealRed
3DS FC
5026-4454-7119
I was just thinking of something. Imagine the PoTD of a tomorrow reveals a veteran. And the caption is something like this: "And that is not all, make sure to check the Smash Bros. Direct for more surprises!" Just a random thought.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was just thinking of something. Imagine the PoTD of a tomorrow reveals a veteran. And the caption is something like this: "And that is not all, make sure to check the Smash Bros. Direct for more surprises!" Just a random thought.
An interesting thought, but it's probably wishful thinking.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Miiverse is freaking out with all their theories.
"Metroid confirms Metroid related contet in the direct"
"There have been a lot of animal crossing pics lately. Coincidence? I think not"

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Miiverse is freaking out with all their theories.
"Metroid confirms Metroid related contet in the direct"
"There have been a lot of animal crossing pics lately. Coincidence? I think not"
"There's been a lot of Smash related things in the latest pics of the Days. Smash News in the Direct incoming!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
All of this talk of multiple character reveals both vets and newcomers. Problem with that is that if that does happen only one or two will be able to have the spotlight of the following potd. If they tried to even out the information we'd be left with very little for all of them, or at least that's my thinking. That's of course assuming we get multiple character reveals let alone one.

Staarih

Smash Master
Maybe the Smash Bros website will get a makeover to coincide with multiple character reveals? Not that the current layout would have problems with it though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I predict that we will get a trolling picture that teases about something in the direct.
I will admit, today's update made me raise an eyebrow and then smirk because this is the first time in the site's history where we've ever gotten the same type of update two days back to back. If tomorrow's pic ends up being Pyrosphere related, I'm going to laugh my ass off and then proceed to wear it as a hat for the duration of the Direct.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I figured there would be a surge in predicting Ridley for the Direct after this reveal. Of course, today's update was another broken pattern, which hopefully reminds people not to put too much stock in "predicting" Sakurai as two ATs in a row is unusual (although one was new and one returning). I don't remember getting the Metroid AT much in Brawl, actually, and I don't remember it being particularly hard to dodge, so hopefully both aspects are remedied this time around since it's such an iconic AT.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I will admit, today's update made me raise an eyebrow and then smirk because this is the first time in the site's history where we've ever gotten the same type of update two days back to back. If tomorrow's pic ends up being Pyrosphere related, I'm going to laugh my *** off and then proceed to wear it as a hat for the duration of the Direct.
Haha. I said that randomly, but if it does end up like that, it will be glorious. :laugh:

I'm sure that Sakurai will remind us about the Direct again tomorrow, so chances of him teasing something aren't too bad.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well it ended up being more then I suspected.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The metroid returns as a trophy

And uuuuuuh coincidence that he does a metroid update one day before direct

For those playing at home I consider this a hint ridley is either the one or one of the newcomers for this direct

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nah its Sakurai giving us our taste of Metroid just so he can troll us all with Ridley as a Boss Battle again.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
You know, I really hope Ridley is revealed tomorrow. I don't even want him myself, but I want all the naysayers to shut UP.

I mean, its just..its a Fritz Bernace.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't entirely agree. If Ridley were confirmed or deconfirmed, it would quiet quite a few people on both sides of the debate. The main thing that keeps the Ridley debate for this game going is the fact that there has been no confirmation and as we see on this forum alot, the not knowing tends to bring out the more... drastic side of the community. There are many people on both side that wuold simply slip out of the converstation once something in confirmed mostly leaving the diehards on the issue to continue to debate it into the foreseeable future.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
A Metroid... interesting. MiiVerse is EXPLODING with Ridley now...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A Metroid... interesting. MiiVerse is EXPLODING with Ridley now...
Seems like a new running gag on there today is that Ridley is too beige, unless it's been one for ages and I've just not noticed. For once Miiverse actually made me legitimately chuckle at a joke.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I hope Sakurai will throw another Metroid picture on there tomorrow just to not reveal Ridley on the direct.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow Sakurai will troll us all with: Master Foot and Crazy Foot.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Forget Ridley. If Metroids gave you nightmares before... NOW they're in HD... (cringes)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Forget Ridley. If Metroids gave you nightmares before... NOW they're in HD... (cringes)
Metroid has always aimed for a slightly disturbing loneliness (think the Alien movies), and the HD Metroid really carries that...

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I honestly want to think that the Baby gives hint to Ridley tomorrow, but I sense incidental trolling hahahaha

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Tomorrow's pic should be Samus, Link, DK and Pikachu facing the same direction on some dark stage. Pic of the Day: "A few heroes have United! Powerful enemies are approaching!"

Ridley, Ganondorf, King K. Rool and Mewtwo announced for Direct!
I would need a new colon, because bricks would be ****.

Also, does anyone else think the caption sounds like Earthbound or just me...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom