• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I was really hoping Metroid would return as an assist trophy. It is one of the most important creature in the series, hence the name.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nice to see Mario isn't hogging all the assist trophies this time.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm not going to assume that the picture means anything for tomorrow's Direct. I do find the concept of it to be very humorous, though.

Edit: I thought Metroid had already been confirmed as an AT? I'm really out of it. xD

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Yaaay! I love this thing in brawl. Your opponent grabs an Assist Trophy, this thing comes out, you let it grab you then you up special all day long ^^

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I want to say that this has no bearing on whether Ridley will be the newcomer revealed in the Direct or not but, the confirmation of something Metroid-related returning makes me think otherwise...

Wait. Maybe this is actually a hint towards Palutena's reveal. Remember the Komaytos?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not going to assume that the picture means anything for tomorrow's Direct. I do find the concept of it to be very humorous, though.

Edit: I thought Metroid had already been confirmed as an AT? I'm really out of it. xD
Are you thinking Mother Brain? She was confirmed an AT a while ago, maybe that's it?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Did anyone here (other than me) let yourselves get latched onto by the Metroid so you can do the infinite Up-B trick? It worked best with Ganon.

That's all I used the assist for anyway. :p
That's exactly why it was such a fun AT, you could seriously mess things up due to it cancelling your moves. It's also fun to stand in the air while constantly on fire with Fox and Falco, and things could really get messy with Meta Knight spamming Up-B.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
More games should be named after level enemies. The Legend of Octoroc. Super Hammer Bros. Kid Eggplant. Zubat Red and Zubat Blue. Mettool.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Remember guys we still have one more pic in between now and Tuesday's direct, so trying to correlate this with a potential Ridley reveal most likely won't get you anywhere.

I still think Ridley is the big bomb that Sakurai is waiting to drop at E3 or close to release date. IMO he won't be showing up tomorrow.

DAMN I'd love to be wrong though. lol

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Oh hey, a Metroid update. That is sweet.

Tomorrow there will be another Metroid pic and there will be nothing at all about a Metroid newcomer in the Direct.

Who wants to bet?

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
LOL at this guy on Miiverse.

Sweet! Metroid is back! ... Now the Ridliots are going nuts...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Takamaru, Paultena, and Ridley to end with a bang.

If tomorrow's pic is of Link, Pit, and Samus just standing around with the caption "I wonder what they could be waiting for..." then prepare yourselves. :troll:

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
The POTD actually wasn't late this time? Something tells me this week is just going to be full of surprises.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hey, it's a Komayto for the POTD!
You know, Komaytoes kinda look like little Metroids.

(JK, I know what it is. I just needed an excuse to say that given the situation.)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Tomorrow's pic should be Samus, Link, DK and Pikachu facing the same direction on some dark stage. Pic of the Day: "A few heroes have United! Powerful enemies are approaching!"

Ridley, Ganondorf, King K. Rool and Mewtwo announced for Direct!

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Oh... I like the Metroid, yet I can't help feeling that Sakurai is trolling again regarding the Ridley hype. You really want your Ridley in Smash, yes you really want him, do you not?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Prediction for tomorrow - we'll get Peach. Before both newcomers announced in Direct's so far, the PotD has been Peach.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
People were starting to doubt Ridley's chances for a reveal tomorrow, so this PotD pleases me greatly. The more Ridley hype the better!

I bet tomorrow will be another big hint towards something that'll be revealed in the Direct. I'd personally hope for something from Kid Icarus.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
People were starting to doubt Ridley's chances for a reveal tomorrow, so this PotD pleases me greatly. The more Ridley hype the better!

I bet tomorrow will be another big hint towards something that'll be revealed in the Direct. I'd personally hope for something from Kid Icarus.
Palutena and ridley in one direct sounds good to me.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
metroid one of my fav assist is back, sakurai why did u do this u know what this will do to us rildey fans :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Prediction for tomorrow - we'll get Peach. Before both newcomers announced in Direct's so far, the PotD has been Peach.
You figured out a pattern and publicly posted your theory... now Sakurai is going to do something to debunk your pattern theory tomorrow.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
You figured out a pattern and publicly posted your theory... now Sakurai is going to do something to debunk your pattern theory tomorrow.
I've noticed a pattern that no PotD's have been revealing K.Rool, Paper Mario and Isaac as playable characters.

Let's hope he breaks that pattern too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Remember guys we still have one more pic in between now and Tuesday's direct, so trying to correlate this with a potential Ridley reveal most likely won't get you anywhere.

I still think Ridley is the big bomb that Sakurai is waiting to drop at E3 or close to release date. IMO he won't be showing up tomorrow.

DAMN I'd love to be wrong though. lol
I'm still thinking that E3 is reserved purely for Pac-Man and a release date, Ridley will likely come even later than that, perhaps as the last reveal pre-release or maybe even be kept as a hidden character. I too would LOVE to be wrong though.

I do agree however that you're hurting yourself if you co-relate this picture with the upcoming Direct, it's just a regular pic of the day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom