• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Years? Last time I checked the only Sonic games that deserved the hate they got were Sonic 06', Black Knight and Shadow The Hedgehog. All of the others range from good to absolutely fantastic.
I wan't a fan of Sonic Heroes or Unleashed but different strokes and all that.

I hope for something big tomorrow. A stage or, dare I dream, a veteran.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The Black Club's charge shots are the only reason to use clubs. The only one. That thing is really awesome.

Though I guess the ogre club is okay too. But I doubt we'll see like 30 different KI:U weapons as items. Though we HAVE seen a lot. The Guardian Orbitars, Upperdash Arm, Palutena Bow, and Ore Club are all out and about being used at the very least. And that's like a solid 4% of Uprising's weapon cache. :p

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So to get all away from all this Sonic: Opinions nonsense...

I feel like the fact that we got this item today means that the Cucco was an AT. Obviously I'm assuming things here, but have we gotten two non-AT/Pokeball items in the same week?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Theres one thing im wondering about after todays pic and item.. if link gets his gale boomerang again its gonna look super weak compared to the tornados that this thing could throw out.

juddy96

Smash Lord
So to get all away from all this Sonic: Opinions nonsense...

I feel like the fact that we got this item today means that the Cucco was an AT. Obviously I'm assuming things here, but have we gotten two non-AT/Pokeball items in the same week?
Sakurai has always mentioned when things are assist trophies. Should be an item.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Gotta admit. First time seeing the POTD, I thought it was from Sonic and the Black Knight..

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Sakurai has always mentioned when things are assist trophies. Should be an item.
Well that's why I wanted to know if he's ever posted 2 items in 1 week. If not, then whether the Cucco is an item or AT, some sort of pattern was broken.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Warning Received
Lost World was a million times better than the bland and uninspired nostalgiafest that was Sonic Generations.
bland and uninspired nostalgiafest that was Sonic Generations.
I need a minute...I mean, he has to be trolling right...RIGHT? I didn't just see someone seriously calling a Sonic game that rivals 3&K and mixes both of Sonic's best gameplay styles perfectly uninspired, right, RIGHT?
The Clubs are actually one of the few weapons I remember from Uprising, along with the Rods (or were they simply Sticks?).
Blades & Claws for life, Pit should get the First Blade as his standard attack weapon.

Last edited:

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Well that's why I wanted to know if he's ever posted 2 items in 1 week. If not, then whether the Cucco is an item or AT, some sort of pattern was broken.
Since when does Sakurai stick to any sort of pattern?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
A few days ago Sakurai posted two stages in the same week (Lumiose and that Tomodachi one). Clearly one is not a stage since he never did anything like that. It's probably a Pokémon from a Poké Ball.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I need a minute...I mean, he has to be trolling right...RIGHT? I didn't just see someone seriously calling a Sonic game that rivals 3&K and mixes both of Sonic's best gameplay styles perfectly uninspired, right, RIGHT?
"Oh my god, no way, someone doesn't think the way I do, better verbally attack 'em."

And I don't mean that it's impossible for him to break patterns, that's my whole point... He clearly doesn't follow them. Whether he posted two items or posted an AT without stating it as such, he did something he doesn't usually do. So I was using that to explain to juddy why it doesn't matter that he didn't specifically say it was an AT. He didn't with Starfy if I remember correctly.

majora_787

Smash Hero
A lot of those pictures look like printed PotD, but that kick does look different. Though I think he had a kick like that in his forward throw in Brawl. I dunno.

Also Cuccos don't really make much sense as an AT as opposed to an item. As far as I know, assist trophies spawn and then do their thing. Kind of like pokeball pokemon. Cuccos are probably more like Mr. Saturns, who walked around the stage until someone knocked them out of the arena or picked them up and threw them or whatever. Except Cuccos probably work like umbrellas when held and mob people when attacked if I had to guess.

EDIT: Also, Jigglypuff and Olimar using the ore club will also be hilarious.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
A lot of those pictures look like printed PotD, but that kick does look different. Though I think he had a kick like that in his forward throw in Brawl. I dunno.

Also Cuccos don't really make much sense as an AT as opposed to an item. As far as I know, assist trophies spawn and then do their thing. Kind of like pokeball pokemon. Cuccos are probably more like Mr. Saturns, who walked around the stage until someone knocked them out of the arena or picked them up and threw them or whatever. Except Cuccos probably work like umbrellas when held and mob people when attacked if I had to guess.

EDIT: Also, Jigglypuff and Olimar using the ore club will also be hilarious.
That is true. It's hard to tell if that's his Forward Throw or not, though. Most likely.

But! New Sonic Kick, Bowser Smashing against Dedede's Spinning Mallet, and FINALLY a move showing Olimar using a attack. XD

Three new Pictures.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yep, also we can see Samus' blast attack get bumped back by Pit's Orbitars.
And I think the Olimar pic in which he does the down smash is new.
I hope these aren't actually pics for the next few days that Famitsu released early.
Yeah, also the one in which Bowser does the dropkick to Dedede in Pyrosphere is definitely new.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yep, also we can see Samus' blast attack get bumped back by Pit's Orbitars.
And I think the Olimar pic in which he does the down smash is new.
I hope these aren't actually pics for the next few days that Famitsu released early.
Yeah, also the one in which Bowser does the dropkick to Dedede in Pyrosphere is definitely new.
Wait, I see no pic of Pit reflecting Charge Beam. D: Only the pic where Samus makes a Smash.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oh yeah. I see those other two. We actually do have a different picture of Olimar attacking, so this is the second of those we've gotten.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Fox reflecting Samus' shot isn't new, either. That was a ways back when Sakurai talked about how Samus' charge shots were upped in speed and power and how it could work against her.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Is there any translation, especially for the Zelda pic comment? Maybe Famitsu knows something we don't know.
Also anything new on the Mario Kart 8 part? I don't see any news.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Vintage Creep Vintage Creep
Yeah, you mixed it up. ^^ That Fox Pic is old, actually. But thanks anyways.

And, not to be off topic... but is that Mario Kart pic, the dark one in the corner, new?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
http://nintendotweet.tumblr.com/post/80772965157/final-magazine-is-famitsu-ds-wii-which-includes
New Pictures here, right?

Sonic has a Kick Attack like in Lost World? Plus more. Awesome.
Interesting, there's some text which supposedly talks about the Zelda picture with the Phantom, I wonder if it's just speculation?

It's nice to see a few new tidbits though. I remember when Famitsu revealed a few attacks like Ivysaur's Razor Leaf and such back in pre-Brawl, it's neat to see them beginning to show us a few new things again.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Is there any translation, especially for the Zelda pic comment? Maybe Famitsu knows something we don't know.
Thats what i want to know most on there, but i hope its not just "the phantom from spirit tracks makes an appearance" and nothing more.

do we not have anyone who could translate this?

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
A bit of a stretch to call this a confirmation but it does seem more plausible now since it does seem to be an updated model of Pokemon Trainer. Also, where'd you get this gif?
Some leaked material that was supposed to be released next week (Direct incoming?). It's some crazy dubstep-based Nintendo game, apparently.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Do you have a link to the leak?
Nope, to be honest. It all happened this morning (night for US I guess). Gamexplain tweeted something about Mario Kart 8 and this other game or something like that, and they took it down immediately. Other sources claim next week is going to have a lot of news about Mario Kart 8, so I guess a Direct may be coming this way.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thats what i want to know most on there, but i hope its not just "the phantom from spirit tracks makes an appearance" and nothing more.

do we not have anyone who could translate this?
It does mention the Phantom on the text.

This part in particular caught my attention: ファントムを呼び出して. It means: Summon a Phantom.

I'll try translate the rest of the text, though. My Japanese is still very limited, but with the help of a dictionary, I can figure out the meaning of the words and provide more information.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Next direct: Pokemon Trainer and Zero Suit Samus get replaced for a new dance-based ice climber moveset.

Edit: Inb4 "This doesn't make sense phantom is just an assist trophy" I'm joking.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I should mention the Japanese text possibly mentions Sheik. シーク reads as "Shiiku".

(The picture is quite blurry and identifying some of the words is being difficult...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom