• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is the text below Zelda's picture with the Phantom. (There might be a few errors from transcribing the text, so don't rely 100% on it.)

ファントムを呼び出して攻撃する新ワザだと恩われる。シークに変身できるかは不明。

Actually, it appears to be merely speculation. The second phrase states that it's unknown if she will transform into Sheik.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I tried to figure out the phantom picture text myself, but I've got no idea what exactly it says. I wasn't able to figure it out at all.

Also, there was doubt about Diddy Kong's banana peel move?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
This is the text below Zelda's picture with the Phantom. (There might be a few errors from transcribing the text, so don't rely 100% on it.)

ファントムを呼び出して攻撃する新ワザだと恩われる。シークに変身できるかは不明。

Actually, it appears to be merely speculation. The second phrase states that it's unknown if she will transform into Sheik.
Thanks for going through the trouble brother, then each caption might just be speculation on their part then maybe.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Sounds like they're reliterating the thoughts people already have around here about the subject of Zelda and the Phantom.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Even if it was generally vague things easy to extrapolate (new ability to summon a phantom, unknown if Sheik is a transformation), it's more than Sakurai gave us by placing the picture quietly on Zelda's page. :p

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
You missed my point.

Saying that a G&W stage won't be featured on the Wii U because of the handheld/console content rule is complete absurdity when you consider that exceptions to the rule exist.

Yes, the Boxing Ring can be Punch-Out themed or Smash themed, but it doesn't change the fact that a Punch-Out stage is on the 3DS version. Punch-Out never had handheld titles, yet it has a stage on the handheld version.

Furthermore, Sakurai has said in the Developer Direct how this rule wouldn't be followed so strictly. He said most stages (and trophies) on the 3DS would be based on handheld titles, while on the Wii U version, more stages from home console games would be featured. Keyword here is MOST, which is certainly not the same as ALL. Majority doesn't mean entirety.

In other words, once again, people are misinterpreting things and blowing them out of proportion.
I was saying that I hope GW isn't on Wii U. Hence:
Nope
Wii U gets console game stages, 3DS gets handhelds.

I have a Wii U, so there's no way I'll ever need to put up with a GW stage, right?
...RIGHT?
plz Sakurai, don't do that to me
If I were to guess about the trophies, I'd say they are transferable between versions, but any given trophy (excluding things like character trophies) can only be obtained in one version.

Edit: And if there is any series that would only get a 3DS stage, it would be GW.
"Wouldn't follow the rule so strictly" =/= "Breaking the rule at every given opportunity"

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Some leaked material that was supposed to be released next week (Direct incoming?). It's some crazy dubstep-based Nintendo game, apparently.
It's not leaked. That **** is old. (I remember seeing it on the 3ds's nintendo video app)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?!?!?!
"The Legend of Zelda Zone", a free piece of Sonic Lost World Wii U DLC, coming out tomorrow. It was hinted at back when the Yoshi's Island Zone DLC was unveiled.

I'm really hoping tomorrow's Pic of the Day is a picture of Sonic wearing Link's garb in Smash, with a confirmation of alt costumes. It's wishful thinking, but it would be amazing.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
So... character tonight, or tomorrow? Or not at all?
Monday is also a possibility, though we are getting quite a lot of info this month, it definitely feels strange that there would be no character reveal at all for this month, since it would be the first month since the PotD started that would get no character at all.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
taking the gameXplain leak and the big lack of character gap into consideration, I think the next character won't be announce until a direct which is VERY likely to happen next week. All tough, I think we'll see new info but idk what it would be at? stages? oh the suspense!!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So... character tonight, or tomorrow? Or not at all?
*shrugs*

The only two characters that have been shown "just because" were Peach and Marth and both of those reveals were on Thursdays but, as they say in the scientific community, correlation is not causation. I personally think Sakurai's going to keep his mouth shut until the Direct that's stupidly likely to be happening next week.

Shroob

Sup?
taking the gameXplain leak and the big lack of character gap into consideration, I think the next character won't be announce until a direct which is VERY likely to happen next week. All tough, I think we'll see new info but idk what it would be at? stages? oh the suspense!!!
GameExplain leak?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I think it's been a good week so far, but with April nearly here (and with that the possibility of a direct) I don't expect a character at all.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
.....You got an actual quote?
Nope, to be honest. It all happened this morning (night for US I guess). Gamexplain tweeted something about Mario Kart 8 and this other game or something like that, and they took it down immediately. Other sources claim next week is going to have a lot of news about Mario Kart 8, so I guess a Direct may be coming this way.
there seems to got ignored because it was the last message of the last page.

Shroob

Sup?
Could happen I guess. Wasn't Sonic shown in a direct on the first week of October?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it's been a good week so far, but with April nearly here (and with that the possibility of a direct) I don't expect a character at all.
Just because it's almost the end of the month doesn't mean a character is impossible. Lucario was revealed on literally the last day of January, after all.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
I have to say, nice coincidence that we get cucco revealed as item on monday's PotD and now this weird szene with the cuccos at the end of the Legend of Zelda Zone Trailer for Sonic Lost World. :D

Sakurai, I'm waiting! for a character reveal! It has been a while, but didn't notice it really. Now thinking about it, makes me nervous! :p

juddy96

Smash Lord
*shrugs*

The only two characters that have been shown "just because" were Peach and Marth and both of those reveals were on Thursdays but, as they say in the scientific community, correlation is not causation. I personally think Sakurai's going to keep his mouth shut until the Direct that's stupidly likely to be happening next week.
Was Lucario not a random reveal as well?

juddy96

Smash Lord
Lucario was for Brawl's anniversary, which to be fair, no one really expected to get anything since Sakurai skimmed over the original's.
I consider him to be a random reveal, because any one of like 15 characters could've been tied to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom