• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
We don't even know if this is Skyworld or if it's Uprising based yet. This could easily be Uprising based, especially since we know Uprising trophies are on Wii U. We've hardly even seen the stage, merely teasers of it.
I would even accept ruined Skyworld because at least it's different and has awesome music. Also, the Ore Club's not iconic, Sakurai should've picked the actually-relevant Magnus Club.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
We don't even know if this is Skyworld or if it's Uprising based yet. This could easily be Uprising based, especially since we know Uprising trophies are on Wii U. We've hardly even seen the stage, merely teasers of it.
Nope
Wii U gets console game stages, 3DS gets handhelds.

I have a Wii U, so there's no way I'll ever need to put up with a GW stage, right?
...RIGHT?
plz Sakurai, don't do that to me

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's what happens when you use Skyworld instead of one of the many memorable locations you yourself created because HURRHURR HOME CONSOLE STAGES RULE.
To be fair there are a lot of locations from the original KI which could make for great stages.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't wait to see Kirby holding this while he is at the smallest size he can possibly achieve in this game.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
A roasted dog turd with the eye of Sauron in it?

jk, looks pretty cool. I assumed it was from Sonic and The Black Knight at first cause who was holding it, and was like " Must we really go and reference this video game travesty?"
But its cool KI is getting some items.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
To be fair there are a lot of locations from the original KI which could make for great stages.
Yeah, like Skyworld...OH WAIT! WE ALREADY GOT A PERFECTLY-GOOD ONE IN BRAWL!
I mean, not even the Underworld with a nifty little Hades on the background? But Aurum Island wuld've been better anyway :v
A roasted dog turd with the eye of Sauron in it?

jk, looks pretty cool. I assumed it was from Sonic and The Black Knight at first cause who was holding it, and was like " Must we really go and reference this video game travesty?"
But its cool KI is getting some items.
I have no problem with referencing the "video game travesty" because of the music.
Nope
Wii U gets console game stages, 3DS gets handhelds.

I have a Wii U, so there's no way I'll ever need to put up with a GW stage, right?
...RIGHT?
plz Sakurai, don't do that to me
Not getting a new GW stage would be a disgrace.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A Game & Watch stage would probably be featured in both versions, like what happens with the Boxing Ring.

People are following the "handheld stuff on 3DS, console stuff on Wii U" rule too literally and too strictly when speculating. I mean, both stages and trophies follow this rule, yet we have a Phosphora trophy on the Wii U version, the Boxing Ring is featured on the 3DS version and the Pilotwings has elements from the 3DS game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
A Game & Watch stage would probably be featured in both versions, like what happens with the Boxing Ring.

People are following the "handheld stuff on 3DS, console stuff on Wii U" rule too literally and too strictly when speculating. I mean, both stages and trophies follow this rule, yet we have a Phosphora trophy on the Wii U version, the Boxing Ring is featured on the 3DS version and the Pilotwings has elements from the 3DS game.
To be fair though.
The Game and Watch is a handheld console.

The Boxing Ring can go either way (since it's technically a Smash/Punch Out!! stage and not just one identity).

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, if we get a character tomorrow, we will be tied for the longest gap between characters (matching the gap between Marth and Rosalina).

Friday will make it the longest gap.

If it goes past Monday, it would be the longest gap and the first ever calendar month without a character reveal.

It seems unlikely that we're getting a Direct in March, so I'm guessing we're getting a veteran tomorrow or Friday.
It's not the longest gap yet. We're currently at 33 days since Diddy. The longest gap was 40 days (Marth to Rosalina), followed by 37 days (Sonic to Marth), followed by 35 days (Luigi to Peach). I think people keep making this mistake because they forget that February only has 28 days in it. Also, I think a Nintendo Direct is strongly possible next week. By next Wednesday, it will have been 40 days (assuming a character isn't shown) and it will be the second day of April. It should be also noted that all the major regions of Nintendo are already hyping next week because of the worldwide launch of the GBA virtual console games on the Wii U. Japan's getting a pretty sizable dump next Thursday (Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Wario Ware, and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror) while North America and Europe are getting a good number of games too (Advance Wars, Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga, and Metroid Fusion) so this opens up a lot of possibilities for character reveals, especially since all three regions have said GBA releases will occur every week in April. I've got a good feeling that April is gonna be the best month yet for updates.

NA official statement- http://www.gonintendo.com/s/224886-...bros-3-and-gba-wii-u-vc-games-coming-in-april

EU official statement- http://www.gonintendo.com/s/224885-europe-gba-wii-u-vc-line-up-revealed-for-april-trailer

Japan official statement- http://www.gonintendo.com/s/224869-japan-next-week-s-wii-u-vc-releases

Last edited:

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
This looks like a pretty cool item, maybe it might have some resistance when swinging it.
So is Sonic the Knight of the Earth?
Also, as for a GW stage, I'd like to see what they can do for that. Maybe references to Vermin or Turtle Bridge.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To be fair though.
The Game and Watch is a handheld console.

The Boxing Ring can go either way (since it's technically a Smash/Punch Out!! stage and not just one identity).
You missed my point.

Saying that a G&W stage won't be featured on the Wii U because of the handheld/console content rule is complete absurdity when you consider that exceptions to the rule exist.

Yes, the Boxing Ring can be Punch-Out themed or Smash themed, but it doesn't change the fact that a Punch-Out stage is on the 3DS version. Punch-Out never had handheld titles, yet it has a stage on the handheld version.

Furthermore, Sakurai has said in the Developer Direct how this rule wouldn't be followed so strictly. He said most stages (and trophies) on the 3DS would be based on handheld titles, while on the Wii U version, more stages from home console games would be featured. Keyword here is MOST, which is certainly not the same as ALL. Majority doesn't mean entirety.

In other words, once again, people are misinterpreting things and blowing them out of proportion.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So.... been getting new info this week... Should we get excited for Thursday/Friday?.... Probably not.
Oh you mean the most likely days for a character reveal.

And todays picture is the ore hammer eh that think looks awsome and I like the touch with saurons eye

Fun fact saurons death video is what I'm going to use if/when Ridley gets confirmed playable

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I would've preferred the Black Club. But the Ore Club looks pretty nice. And I guess I'll be thankful that the Palutena Temple stage feels like a legitimate location more than the one with Viridi and the reset bombs.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yay, ORE CLUB!!

Two things I see:

1. Sonic's Hand isn't properly animating around the club.

2. Pit has a new "Damaged" expression.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have no problem with referencing the "video game travesty" because of the music.
For years the music was all Sonic fans had.

Wow, makes him sound like a washed up rock star.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Shadow and Sonic '06 were the only terribly bad ones. The rest were at least decent, and the handheld games were superb.

Also Black Knight was great. Gameplay was flawed, but the story, characterisation, visuals, and music more than made up for it. Which is rare with any game for me. Seriously, dat Celtic influence. <3

Dairz

Smash Ace
Also Black Knight was great. Gameplay was flawed, but the story, characterisation, visuals, and music more than made up for it. Which is rare with any game for me. Seriously, dat Celtic influence. <3
Black Knight was great? Okay, thats pushing it. Gameplay is more important than everything else, and Black Knight was definitely lacking in that department. I'd say BK was okay; just not as bad as everyone says it is.

Anyways, this item looks sweet. KI stage seems... bleak.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder the the stage was taken at a funny agle on purpose. In any case we nee more stages shown off.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well tomorrow or friday is the moment of truth

If we get nobody on both days the. This will be the first and probably only month with no character reveal

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would even accept ruined Skyworld because at least it's different and has awesome music. Also, the Ore Club's not iconic, Sakurai should've picked the actually-relevant Magnus Club.
Eager to deconfirm Magnus? ;)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It is Uprising based. It's just probably had a reverse treatment that Mushroomy Kingdom from Brawl did. Instead of looking all messed up (keep in mind Ch18 and 20 showed a destroyed Skyworld), it looks beautiful. Most likely this would be the Palutena's Temple prior to all the chaos.

Also, the Palutena Statue in the background (and from the other pic) is like the one from Ch.20, which was Palutena's Temple, and thus, IS Palutena's Temple.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I could totally see a Veteran reveal on Monday. Would at least make for the best Monday, right?

Also, it fits that Sonc wields Sauron. I mean, he DOES have the Ring.

Last edited:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
@ Sonic not perfectly holding the item:

Keep in mind that if the developers go out of their way to make each character hold each item perfectly (rather than just utilize a single hold animation that works for most items), that's a lot more data they have to store for each character (which can make the game minutely slower, among other issues) for relatively little gain due to how far away the camera normally is.

Also, this IS an alpha/beta/unfinished version, so it might just be that they haven't gotten to work on Sonic's hold animation very much yet. (On that note, that the game being a "beta" is also likely why the stage looks bad; I'm betting it's a WIP)

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Black Knight was great? Okay, thats pushing it. Gameplay is more important than everything else, and Black Knight was definitely lacking in that department. I'd say BK was okay; just not as bad as everyone says it is.

Anyways, this item looks sweet. KI stage seems... bleak.
Black Knight got better once you could use the other characters. Not that I cared a lot for not-Blaze or not-Shadow, but not-Knuckles was a lot of fun to use. I missed my gliding (and climbing) in Sonic games.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
They were starting before that massive disappointment of Lost World.
I liked Lost World. Even if the Wisps were pointless, and the controls a bit harder to get used to, the 3D running segments were amazing, and the 2D platforming sections were fun when it wasn't just platforming. The music is still great, and I had fun playing it. Even though my only previous experience with Sonic was the original 5 games (Sonic, Sonic CD, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles), I think it still embodies the spirit of the series pretty well. I'm glad it's getting content in SSB4, I much prefer it over Sonic '06 like we mainly got in Brawl.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Every time I read the name 'Ore Club' I pronounce it 'Orre Club' like the Pokemon region :( gah damn Pokemon XD playthrough and lp that I'm watching. Anyways 'prediction' for one of the next 3 picture days: Character reveal and it will be Ganondorf or Wolf and if Wolf does return I hope they keep him a unique character, not a fan of what he became in P:M. As for a more realistic prediction I can see us getting more pictures of the Kid Icarus stage on Wii U as a tease and I doubt we'll get another filler picture, at least not for a while.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
They were starting before that massive disappointment of Lost World.
I can't even begin to fathom why some people say Lost World was a dissapointment, great gameplay mechanics, cool parkour system, amazing music, pretty graphics, lovable (Although one-dimensional) enemies. I mean, seriously...and I'm willing to bet Sonic Boom's gonna be good too, but the game's a spinoff, so people will rush to go saying 'Sonic '14, Sonic is dead' like idiots when a Sonic game goes slightly away from the base concept.

Years? Last time I checked the only Sonic games that deserved the hate they got were Sonic 06', Black Knight and Shadow The Hedgehog. All of the others range from good to absolutely fantastic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom