• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

I forgot to mention the item did create tornadoes as projectiles. Still wish Pit was using it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So that's... 5 item confirmations this month (Bumper, Smash Ball, Motion Sensor Bomb, Smash Ball and Ore Club).

Neat.

Sonic seems to have a loose grip like mega man did with that bumper shot, hmm..
I hope finger placement is fixed sometime between now and launch! But your observation reminds me of a certain other alleged fighter who holds an object with a loose grip. Hmm indeed.

Except instead of stars it fires giant purple balls and tornados.
How bad is it that this passage reminded me of Ridley?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So, if we get a character tomorrow, we will be tied for the longest gap between characters (matching the gap between Marth and Rosalina).

Friday will make it the longest gap.

If it goes past Monday, it would be the longest gap and the first ever calendar month without a character reveal.

It seems unlikely that we're getting a Direct in March, so I'm guessing we're getting a veteran tomorrow or Friday.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

I forgot to mention the item did create tornadoes as projectiles. Still wish Pit was using it.
If Pit was using it I would imagine that people would immediately believe it was part of his moveset.

This way we avoid that unnecessary confusion.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
We've sure seen a lot of items lately. Hopefully we'll run through the supply sometime soonish; a lot of these items are cool, but I only really see items in single player so this sort of update isn't all that exciting to me.

Staarih

Smash Master
Seeing as this month is very item-heavy, watch this week/month end with the reveal of Sandbag.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If Pit was using it I would imagine that people would immediately believe it was part of his moveset.

This way we avoid that unnecessary confusion.
But that's the fun and sad part. I mean we already have one of these posts in there by Joseph from miiverse via quotes:
"Ok now palutana can't be in the game as she's a backround"

But yea, so far, so good. And now I treat you guys with the official artwork of KIU Pit with the club.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
That Ore Club reminds me of those rock candies on sticks I used to buy at museums. Hmm, what were they...

Ah yes... expect with an evil eyeball!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ore Club wasn't entirely most memorable item to me in Uprising but eh, it DOES fire tornadoes...

Also we're seeing more glimpse of the WiiU Kid Icarus-stage. Hmmhm.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I just wanna see more of this stage. Also, that makes 2 Kid Icarus Uprising items now although it makes sense with how item/weapon heavy it was.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Man I keep forgetting how awesome Sonic looks in this game.
And it's about time we got another pic of him too.

Awesome item weapon. Is it a hammer or a sword? Does it cause tornadoes? Does that make Sonic a knight of the wind? :O

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I figure the item will function similarly to the Bat and Star Rod.

In which it will act as a battering item, (herpdaderp), and that it may have two important aspects from both items.
1) A Unique "Smash" Swing; which basically means a unique animation for a fully charged swing of the item.
2) A Tornado Projectile created by the fully charged swing, akin to the Star Rod being able to fire projectiles.

I also imagine the swings of the club to be slower than your average battering item, but the damage to be much larger. Of course, nothing will top the power of the Home-Run Bat's fully charged swing. I suppose the main gimmick of this weapon will be the tornados it can send out.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I figure the item will function similarly to the Bat and Star Rod.

In which it will act as a battering item, (herpdaderp), and that it may have two important aspects from both items.
1) A Unique "Smash" Swing; which basically means a unique animation for a fully charged swing of the item.
2) A Tornado Projectile created by the fully charged swing, akin to the Star Rod being able to fire projectiles.

I also imagine the swings of the club to be slower than your average battering item, but the damage to be much larger. Of course, nothing will top the power of the Home-Run Bat's fully charged swing. I suppose the main gimmick of this weapon will be the tornados it can send out.
Basically everything I hypothise this to be. Neato.

Also I really will be expecting Nintendo take Kid Icarus under their wing after so much love and attention given in SSB4, really.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Can't wait to see smaller characters holding this beast. Like Olimar/Squirtle/Diddy. Going to look ridiculously funny.

Big items? Big characters. Ridley confirmed :troll::troll::troll:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I love waking up an hour and a half after the usual time of the pic and looking at how many pages I have to read. If it's 10+ then we got something amazing or the picture is late and everyone is losing their minds. Any less than 10 and I can tell that the update wasn't that much =P

Anyways, about the potd, my first thoughts went to KI:U then Soul Calibur V then LotR, all because of that eye. I never much cared for battering items, mostly because throwing them was usually the best thing to do with them. Hopefully they become worth swinging, though this item looks too heavy to throw very far plus it's huge and creates tornadoes so this particular battering item looks swing-worthy.

Last edited:

Chrimbo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-3537-7151
Sonic isn't even gripping the Ore Club, it's just floating in his hand. I hope this is fixed soon, we've seen this in a few screenshots now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic isn't even gripping the Ore Club, it's just floating in his hand. I hope this is fixed soon, we've seen this in a few screenshots now.
Actually, this is intentional, as Sonic is holding it using his thumb alone. This due to him stepping it up for this iteration of Smash Bros.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
That club looks amazing, but I can't really say the same for the kid Icarus stage. Hopefully I'm proved wrong but it looks a little bland to me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, this was another surprise. And we have been getting a lot of item updates lately.

The Ore Club seems to pack quite a punch, but I believe it won't be as strong as the Home-Run Bat. Still, it can fire tornadoes and, considering it reflected projectiles in the original game, it may also do so on this game.

Nice to have a new look at the Wii U Kid Icarus stage, even though it doesn't show much of it thanks to the camera's position.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Tha
That club looks amazing, but I can't really say the same for the kid Icarus stage. Hopefully I'm proved wrong but it looks a little bland to me.
That's what happens when you use Skyworld instead of one of the many memorable locations you yourself created because HURRHURR HOME CONSOLE STAGES RULE.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tha

That's what happens when you use Skyworld instead of one of the many memorable locations you yourself created because HURRHURR HOME CONSOLE STAGES RULE.
We don't even know if this is Skyworld or if it's Uprising based yet. This could easily be Uprising based, especially since we know Uprising trophies are on Wii U. We've hardly even seen the stage, merely teasers of it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think Medusa is probably gonna be the stage hazard in this stage just like Viridi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom