• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ahaha that caption totally made this picture go from boring to great....the Ridley fans come a roaring.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
*reads last couple of pages*

http://www.toonbarn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Bugs-Bunny-Fish-and-Visitors.jpg

Must we go through this every... single... time a Pic of the Day mentions size? I want Ridley too but it almost makes me wish he would get confirmed as a stage hazard just as a wholly justifiable punishment for the fact that we go through this as a fanbase several times a month.
Hey, it's better than having a single page of people saying "Oh, a dog, how cute" and then a bunch of off-topic banter from there on.

I also don't agree that discussing things like this should warrant a "justifiable punishment." You speak of it as if we just shot a man.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
*reads last couple of pages*

http://www.toonbarn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Bugs-Bunny-Fish-and-Visitors.jpg

Must we go through this every... single... time a Pic of the Day mentions size? I want Ridley too but it almost makes me wish he would get confirmed as a stage hazard just as a wholly justifiable punishment for the fact that we go through this as a fanbase several times a month.
I thought you Mods said there would be no more posting Images that has nothing to do with Miiverse pics? You break your own rules? Make me a Mod so that I can ban you!

Ahem.

And well, I guess that just goes to show how demanding Ridley is. ^^ Of course, the pic today doesn't confirm anything. But at least what Sakurai said is kinda related.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Let me put it this way.
When Ridley fans begin to use his eye color as a reasonable insult. Then we can compare...
dont they get finickey about his skin color (instead of eye)....and neck length(instead of leg)....and muscle size(instead of tummy size)?

That being said, I'm surprised that there arent many people trying to zoom in on that shot again.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
dont they get finickey about his skin color (instead of eye)....and neck length(instead of leg)....and muscle size(instead of tummy size)?

That being said, I'm surprised that there arent many people trying to zoom in on that shot again.
Nope, it's the eye color.
Then again, many of them downright hate anything and everything that doesn't have to do with the Genesis games (but then there's the others who say there's no bad Sonic game. Not even Sonic '06).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey, it's better than having a single page of people saying "Oh, a dog, how cute" and then a bunch of off-topic banter from there on.

I also don't agree that discussing things like this should warrant a "justifiable punishment." You speak of it as if we just shot a man.
It's not discussing as it is swandiving to conclusions with fanboyish fervor every single time size is even slightly referenced. People are just setting themselves up for a fall and, as someone who was here during the Brawl fallout, I'm don't want to put up with that again. I'm not referring to you specifically when I say all this stuff by the way.

@ MasterofMonster MasterofMonster : I dislike the rule just as much as you do but my hands are tied.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's not discussing as it is swandiving to conclusions with fanboyish fervor every single time size is even slightly referenced. People are just setting themselves up for a fall and, as someone who was here during the Brawl fallout, I'm don't want to put up with that again. I'm not referring to you specifically when I say all this stuff by the way.

@ MasterofMonster MasterofMonster : I dislike the rule just as much as you do but my hands are tied.
I understand. I was just kidding, too. :)

Anyways. Tomorrow. Luigi's Nose vs Little Mac's ear.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On a scale from 1 to set fire to a garbage can and throw it through a window, how mad do you think people would be if Sakurai showed another "we have nothing to show, really" pic on Friday? I hope DK at least gets some recognition before the month comes to a close.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On a scale from 1 to set fire to a garbage can and throw it through a window, how mad do you think people would be if Sakurai showed another "we have nothing to show, really" pic on Friday? I hope DK at least gets some recognition before the month comes to a close.
...Eh...
I honestly wouldn't care...

Last edited:

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I would honestly be beyond that and into beat homeless person with a crowbar territory. as awesome as mac being revealed was, it would be an atrocity if tropical freeze gets no recognition whatsoever this month.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, I would be disappointed, but Diddy will be there either way, so the only thing that would happen would be that we have more big stuff to see at a later date instead of now. ^^
But I do expect Diddy on Friday. I'm sure he would have been revealed when Little Mac was, but Mac took his Place, so this seems to be the only 'logical' time to do it.

D

Deleted member

I would go from laughing to crying uncontrollably before telling people that Smash 4 will be garbage and not to buy it.
But seriously I wouldn't mind too much. I already got my most wanted newcomer this month, so I wouldn't care if we didn't get another reveal until next month.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Diddy's happening either tonight or tomorrow night hopefully. If not though, I'm randomly tossing out a prediction that we'll be seeing Ike next. It just seems like it's around his time to be shown.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Diddy's happening either tonight or tomorrow night hopefully. If not though, I'm randomly tossing out a prediction that we'll be seeing Ike next. It just seems like it's around his time to be shown.
I'd actually like this. The announcement of Ike with Brawl was ultimately what broke the dam when it came to good updates. After he was shown, new characters were shown almost weekly from the beginning of August to the end of October and it makes me wonder if the SSB4 updates will have another "breaking" similar to this.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I'd actually like this. The announcement of Ike with Brawl was ultimately what broke the dam when it came to good updates. After he was shown, new characters were shown almost weekly from the beginning of August to the end of October and it makes me wonder if the SSB4 updates will have another "breaking" similar to this.
The dam broke because Ike fights for his friends, the smash bros fans.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi

We did, Shokio's logination.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Depends.
Remember, info for Brawl didn't come for till a year later. So most likely all of this was just catching up.
We might have a moment where we get multiple newcomers, but probably not along the same lengths as Brawl...

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Nope, it's the eye color.
Then again, many of them downright hate anything and everything that doesn't have to do with the Genesis games (but then there's the others who say there's no bad Sonic game. Not even Sonic '06).
I was drawing parallels between extremist sonic and ridley fans.

Eye color vs skin color
leg length vs neck length
stomach size vs muscle size

I'm just saying that they have a lot more in common than they care to admit...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was drawing parallels between extremist sonic and ridley fans.

Eye color vs skin color
leg length vs neck length
stomach size vs muscle size

I'm just saying that they have a lot more in common than they care to admit...
Oh trust me. Sonic fans are worse.
Think we're bad. You've seen nothing.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Oh, I believe that. As a non-extremist sonic fan who mostly just likes the gameplay, personality of sonic, and overall design of sonic (he's an anthropomorphic blue hedgehog for goodness sake) it amazes how people get upset over the tiniest of changes.

Sonic lost weight after years of running- MY CHILDHOOD
sonic has longer legs- MY CHILDHOOD
sonic has a voice and personality- MY CHILDHOOD
sonic in 3d?- MY CHILDHOOD
Sonic has more spikes?- MY CHILDHOOD

It gets ridiculous. But I'm saying that WHAT the two groups complain about is similar. Sonic fans just do it worse.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh, I believe that. As a non-extremist sonic fan who mostly just likes the gameplay, personality of sonic, and overall design of sonic (he's an anthropomorphic blue hedgehog for goodness sake) it amazes how people get upset over the tiniest of changes.

Sonic lost weight after years of running- MY CHILDHOOD
sonic has longer legs- MY CHILDHOOD
sonic has a voice and personality- MY CHILDHOOD
sonic in 3d?- MY CHILDHOOD
Sonic has more spikes?- MY CHILDHOOD

It gets ridiculous. But I'm saying that WHAT the two groups complain about is similar. Sonic fans just do it worse.
The best part?
Here's a prime example of the opposite.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamegear/586805-sonic-labyrinth/reviews/review-20337
Now, compare this to the rest...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamegear/586805-sonic-labyrinth/reviews
And you'll get an example...

Now, back to pictures...
I like this one. The dog is adorable like always.
Can't wait for Friday to see the troll pic.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
With the newcomers seemingly being a Direct-exclusive thing, I think the best we can hope for is the PotD getting an increase in veteran reveals, which we may see after E3 I'm guessing. Or after we're out of titles to release characters around, whichever comes first?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If we get Diddy this Friday, that'll be the third veteran reveal in a row on Friday. So just to mix things up, I hope we get him tomorrow.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yup, their current anger is all about sonic boom, and of course leg length. As well as the fact sonics arms are now blue, I don't know why that's a big deal, it looks better and more cohesive with his design anyway. But we all know how they are

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yup, their current anger is all about sonic boom, and of course leg length.
Well, we've all made our jokes about that.

As well as the fact sonics arms are now blue, I don't know why that's a big deal,
it looks better and more cohesive with his design anyway. But we all know how they are
I'm not surprised.

So, any predictions about tomorrows picture?

Dairz

Smash Ace
I wouldn't Ike that. I would rather have characters whose series haven't been shown before a 2nd (and possibly final) rep for a series. Give us Yoshi/Wario/Lucas, please.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I'm calling it. Tonight's picture - Little Mac punching Man Fit Trainer in his pretty mouth.

But I'm going to dream of Yoshi. Goodnight everybody!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would mainly like Ike being revealed so the guys at GameFAQs can get put in their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom