• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do you know what I just thought about? Sakurai releases stages before a character reveal, and we have seen through miiverse a find mii stage and Nintendogs stage. Perhaps these two stages will belong to the mii franchise, and Sakurai will release Mii as a playable character. I'm not find of it, but that's where the signs are pointing
I think you mean Wuhu Island where Mii's are featured predominately If Miis are playbale, the 3DS stage would most likely Find Mii and the Wii U stage would be Wuhu Island..

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
I only needed to read the captions to know what flames it helped create. I bet that when Ridley gets revealed in whatever form, it will create the greatest outrage evur.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, two pics left this week. Tomorrow, Stage! Then, Diddy, if we are lucky.

I wonder, will there be outrages or cheer if Dixie is together with Diddy?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If Dixie is revealed together with Dixie, the following will happen:

- Some Diddy fans will ***** about his moveset being changed
- People will start speculating/hoping for newcomer reveals outside of Nintendo Directs
- Something about Ridley, as usual

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
So, two pics left this week. Tomorrow, Stage! Then, Diddy, if we are lucky.

Diddy and Dixie team is the only idea I dislike permanently. I don't hate Pac Man and Mii (Still think E3 leak is wrong though) and I used to even not want Ridley and Palutena. My outrage would be max.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
The diddy dixie combo even if it was just diddys current moveset with some minor tweaks would be a newcomer and it's highly unlikely we are getting two newcomers in a row.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If Dixie is revealed together with Dixie, the following will happen:

- Some Diddy fans will ***** about his moveset being changed
- People will start speculating/hoping for newcomer reveals outside of Nintendo Directs
- Something about Ridley, as usual
Well, Ridley is mandatory, so that makes sense. ^^ But yeah, I can imagen most to not be very happy.

@ Luigi
Well, like Staarih said, you'll learn to accept it. :3

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Tomorrow, DK Sunset Shores stage or Diddy reveal, either one would make me very happy.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Generic picture... oh god... but that comment, they just had to bring up size didn't they?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So as of febuary 19th 2014

The war of Ridley is too big comes to a close

Sakurai ending the war with the captain of today's picture

«This dog is huge... Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale.» 19.Feb.2014

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
For the most part, the series tries to stay true to scale.

For instance: Bowser.
In Sm4sh, Bowser is finally his official size.

Yes, Bowser has an official size. A few years back, Nintendo released a couple size charts of Mario characters. Showing that Bowser was roughly twice the size of Mario. Whether or not it was consistent did not matter, the chart showed how big Bowser typically is.

So no matter how big or small Bowser became in his series, you couldn't use Bowser's size changes to argue for Ridley's chances. After all, much of the Mario series revolves around the gameplay of growing and shrinking; a mechanic which Metroid does not share.

Which is why is was always weird for Ridley supporters to support him shrinking.

But, for this picture, it seems to me that he's implying that there ARE exceptions. I know Ganondorf was shrunk, but his size change went mostly unnoticed by both the Smash and Zelda community. (Ganondorf is pretty much twice Link's height, as Link only comes up to his waist)

But for Ridley, the size difference would be much more extreme.

If you Ridley supporters can truly support a size change of that magnitude... Well, you might just have a space dragon yet. ;)
Well an argument can be made over Various sizes Ridley has assumed, via the fact that he has the ability to regenerate, as well as the fact that h has been cloned, mutated and turned into a cyborg several times.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Before you guys just lose your ****, he's just stating the obvious.

On Big Blue, am I supposed to believe that Captain Falcon (or any character) is larger than his ship? No

On Corneria , am I supposed to believe my characters are bigger than Arwings? Hell no.

But for the sake of having something function as a platform, sure it could work.

As far as characters go, I dunno, that's more difficult.
Quoting this so it doesn't go unnoticed.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I get that Ridley fans are happy over this, but it's honestly nothing special...he could be talking about Captain Olimar, for all we know. Size has come up time and time again already, and it hasn't "confirmed" Ridley.

In complete honesty, anyone who was trying to debunk Ridley by claiming "too big" doesn't really understand the game creation process, as we have several characters already included who would be "too big" or "too small". It was a silly argument against Ridley, and I thought it was debunked looooong ago.
this is so true. yeah, it's nice to celebrate and all, but this doesn't make ridley confirmed, or really any more likely than he already was. the size argument was complete garbage, but this doesn't make him confirmed in the least bit lmao. calm your hype before you get disappointed. Again.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know a Ridley rave happened all over the internet whenever Sakurai mentions the magic words: "scale", "height" or "size" etc.

You guys really want Ridley that much huh? :p

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm trying to figure out if Sakurai is doing this on purpose or not. Still, it's looking more and more like we'll have to watch out for the puppy when it comes up and bats things around.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
You know a Ridley rave happened all over the internet whenever Sakurai mentions the magic words: "scale", "height" or "size" etc.

Apparently. And any person who opposes them gets run over by a freight train.

I feel like the topic has become just as bad as the "Melee Vs. Brawl" debates. The moment it's mentioned is the moment the crap hits the fan.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Apparently. And any person who opposes them gets run over by a freight train.

I feel like the topic has become just as bad as the "Melee Vs. Brawl" debates. The moment it's mentioned is the moment the crap hits the fan.
I'm starting to put Ridley fans down there next to Sonic's because of this.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
You know what would be funny? If they scaled down Ridley to Pikachu's size and they make his final smash True Ridley.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi

Sakurai is a known and confirmed troll. I mean for all I know, he could be talking about Snorlax or even King K.Rool.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I just saw todays pic. Sakurai is trolling Ridley so hard nowadays, that I think that he will be the next newcomer.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Laughed so hard when I read that caption :chuckle:

But this stage is looking fun. The height of that block is pretty steep. Is it just me or does this not fall in line with the block layout of previous screenshots?:glare:

Edit: I'm on my phone and can't figure out why that grumpy face is there, it doesn't reflect my mood

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It doesn't matter what this picture means.

Sakurai just knew what it would do.
Exactly what I thought when I saw the pic haha. I always end up weirdly waking up in the middle of the night, see the pic, and knock back out, and when I saw it last night I just knew it would result in some hilarity on the boards.

Love the quote in your sig by the way.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm starting to put Ridley fans down there next to Sonic's because of this.
That is exactly where I put anti-Ridley fans and toobigots. No, I probably put them lower than that. :p

Seriously, we want Ridley since ****ing Melee and we're closer than having him in Smash than ever. Just let us dream in peace. :drflip:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*reads last couple of pages*

http://www.toonbarn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Bugs-Bunny-Fish-and-Visitors.jpg

Must we go through this every... single... time a Pic of the Day mentions size? I want Ridley too but it almost makes me wish he would get confirmed as a stage hazard just as a wholly justifiable punishment for the fact that we go through this as a fanbase several times a month.

Moderator Edit: Not a good idea to be posting off-topic images here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Whenever Sakurai talks about something size related which immediately leads to pages of Ridley discussions does tend to get a little tiresome sometimes.

Why are people putting so much stock into the size argument anyway? Seems about as pointless as the "Toon Link is too cell shaded for Brawl" arguments, which seem to have evolved into the "Snake is too realistic for Smash 4" arguments apparently....

Oh well, guess this isn't really the thread for this sort of discussion anyway.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom