• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
That's funny. I'm usually the first to grab my torch and pitchforks whenever Smash Run comes up but I'm not even mad right now. Probably cuz I just woke up.
Also apparently it's a Race to the Finish kind of thing. I love that.
I hope there's some Xenoblade Smash Run enemies. Not that I want to see them in a PotD. Just hope that they're hidden.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It's likely that smash run will be the fastest (only?) way to unlock custom moves so we're all going to be playing a lot of it since there are a very large number of moves to be unlocked. That being said, I'm not sure it's so bad to find out how it works in detail.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Huh, that's what I think pretty much all modes are.
You knew what I meant by that. It doesn't feel like the heart of the game that you fire up and go ''OOOH I WANT TO PLAY THAT."

It just feels like one of those modes that is simply just there. You play it once or twice and then you're done with it.

But Sakurai is probably going to force people to unlock stuff through it considering how much time he's spent on something that just seems genuinely generic.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
As proof of my legitimacy, look at Swift's post and compare it to mine. It's within the same minute. I wanted to post the pic of the day as a new post, but I knew my timer hadn't gone out yet. Thus, why I edited the post I made like, 5 seconds earlier.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
6 pics of the day remaining. I guess they're all going to be about the 3DS. Who knows maybe Sakurai has one last big announcement left.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
You honor, this witness would like to relate that when I arrived on the scene of the crime, Swift Fox's post contained the pic of the day, whereas Speed's post still contained a quote of someone else's post and a comment about it being dark or something.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Idk why everyone hates smash run pictures. This "Run" mode will be pretty fun. Think of it like Mario Kart, but now you have constant ways to mess up the other players. Someone in the lead and about to jump over a danger zone? Shoot them with a stun lazer as Falco and cause them to fall into it. A slower character like Zelda could mess with the opponents by using her teleport as the main way she moves around and knocking players around. She could also block paths with her Phantom and force players to wait or hit danger zones.I look forward to this mode :)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You knew what I meant by that. It doesn't feel like the heart of the game that you fire up and go ''OOOH I WANT TO PLAY THAT."

It just feels like one of those modes that is simply just there. You play it once or twice and then you're done with it.

But Sakurai is probably going to force people to unlock stuff through it considering how much time he's spent on something that just seems genuinely generic.
I want to fire the game up and play it.
Not like Multi Man Smash which I only ever really play to unlock stuff.
Or Classic Mode which I only ever really play to unlock stuff.
Or an Adventure Mode which I only ever really play to unlock stuff.

At least Smash Run is a big extension to the Vs. Mode, which I play all the time.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Speak for yourself, Smash Run is the main thing I wanna play 3DS Smash for. I'm hoping for something similar or a new Adventure mode for the Wii U Smash as well.

Quit trying to force your opinion on everyone. We get it. You don't like it.

Now hush and let the rest of us who do like it enjoy the update.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
A Smash Run PotD that I managed to find interesting?

GG Mastahero Sakurambo

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
As proof of my legitimacy, look at Swift's post and compare it to mine. It's within the same minute. I wanted to post the pic of the day as a new post, but I knew my timer hadn't gone out yet. Thus, why I edited the post I made like, 5 seconds earlier.
... Are you really going to make me post pictures of you basically lying ? *sigh* Please keep your delusional ego away from here. You were literally 2 minutes behind swift fox on all THREE PICTURES. And you won't admit it. Please stop this crap.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Quit trying to force your opinion on everyone. We get it. You don't like it.
You're doing the exact same thing to people who don't like the update. Is he literally mecha robo hitler for not caring for smash run? Can he not share his opinion as well?

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

City Trial wasn't the heart of Air Ride, the racing very much was, city trial was just a mode that was just there. Yet city trial is fantastic.

The minigames aren't at all the focus of Pokémon Stadium, but 9/10 times I "fire the game up and go "OOOH I WANT TO PLAY THAT'", it's for the minigames.

Smash run isn't for everybody but it's a highlight for some people.

The defense rests.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
... Are you really going to make me post pictures of you basically lying ? *sigh* Please keep your delusional ego away from here. You were literally 2 minutes behind swift fox on all THREE PICTURES. And you won't admit it. Please stop this crap.
Someone hasn't heard of friendly banter.
They both gave us the pictures and that's what matters
Now that I read the captions I'm a little more accepting to these PotD's

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I'm not sure I understand why you guys care who the hell posted the pic first and if anyone is lying.

Why? Seriously. It's childish. It means absolutely nothing, get over it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You're doing the exact same thing to people who don't like the update. Is he literally mecha robo hitler for not caring for smash run? Can he not share his opinion as well?
He already did share his opinion and there's nothing wrong with that. That's cool.

Continuing to shove it in people's faces afterwards, however, is kinda annoying.

Better to say your piece and move on than to linger around and be a negative nancy for the sake of being one.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Nice Race to the Finish ode. I'd like to see one for Board the Platforms show up.

And of course for both of these modes (and Break the Targets!) to return on the Wii U version. In fact individualized Race to the Finish sounds good, can I have that?

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Calm down

It's best to not have PotD in an edited post. An edited post will make it look illegitimate and there's nothing we can do about it.

I kinda regretted with editing my post with 2nd PotD while waiting for next user to post something after my first post.

@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed If you don't want to see the 20 seconds timeout ever again then don't post anywhere on SmashBoards... that's if you want to continue posting PotD like I do.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Calm down

It's best to not have PotD in an edited post. An edited post will make it look illegitimate and there's nothing we can do about it.

I kinda regretted with editing my post with 2nd PotD while waiting for next user to post something after my first post.

@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed If you don't want to see the 20 seconds timeout ever again then don't post anywhere on SmashBoards... that's if you want to continue posting PotD like I do.
xD I'm too social, it seems. I try to refrain, I do....it's just...people...conversation....Smash....GAH!!!
...at the very least, I won't resort to editing again. Wouldn't want people to think I'm a....liar? Yeah.

Last edited:

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
Smash Run is just a boring generic mode is my problem with Smash Run. It feels like a time waster distraction and not something that really should be getting so much PoTD time devoted to it.
My problem with smash run is I have zero interest in the 3DS. Seriously, cut the crap, Sakurai.

Having said that, I hope if the Wii has a similar version, that the racing paths will at least be varied and not the same path everything run, a la "race to the finish".

Last edited:

André Cardoso

Smash Rookie
I actually think the PoTD was nice...
I guess we're just expecting more because of the hype n stuff
but I believe that Sakurai is just waiting for the right moment to reveal more secrets

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm not sure I understand why you guys care who the hell posted the pic first and if anyone is lying.

Why? Seriously. It's childish. It means absolutely nothing, get over it.
This.

I dont understand why this "pic contest" became a thing xD seriously just guys enjoy the seeing the hype crash and burn most of the time xD idk why there needs to be a "first", dis aint YT.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
He already did share his opinion and there's nothing wrong with that. That's cool.

Continuing to shove it in people's faces afterwards, however, is kinda annoying.

Better to say your piece and move on than to linger around and be a negative nancy for the sake of being one.
I dunno man the first thing you said about the pic of the day is "lol people be buttmad cause no character reveal." like nobody was allowed to be disappointed in seeing Smash Run again. All the guy did was make a few jokes and explain why he dislikes SR pics so much. Nothing wrong with that like there's nothing wrong with expressing that you do like it, but you told him to hush for having different feelings towards it? Come on man.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
It's Smash Run, but its a really informative one. The climb and race contests look fun

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
This thread is like a bar
There are regulars (alderalo, Rosalina supporter, Flaxr) and new guys
There are fun bets (PotD, Swift vs Speed) and people drunk over hype (Jabba, ZS Wario)
Although when that hype crashes, some people start fights
We gotta keep this bar amiable dudes
(Sorry if I didn't give you a shout out I love all of you)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I might play Smash Run a total of 10 times. or something. Whatever.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The main site still hasn't updated.

Maybe we're getting more info.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
At this rate, if Sakurai mentions that a "Board the Platform" minigame is in, but it is at the end of smash run, I expect many people to say "Argh! Boring filler!" :p

Anyway, I will say, I like Smash Run pics...when they give useful information.

For example, this one:
4hoqYG.jpg

It says what those two bags do and now I know what to prioritize.

These new pics are...eh. It's a bit helpful to know what this red orb things do, but it's not to terribly interesting to know that the "Dangerous looking thing is bad."

I do think people need to stop associating Smash run pics with bad pics though.

If it is anything like Kirby Air Ride, there could be countless things we don't know about. There's probably quite a bit of enemies, powers, events, and "final battles" we don't know about. It's not smash run's fault Sakurai wants to both share details on it, but wants to keep the most interesting parts a secret.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Six more PotDs until the game is out in Japan. Then we'll only look forward to Wii U pics.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*Hands you a straw*

We already got music this week. I man, an announcement for a trailer is possible, I guess?
*takes straw and starts sucking air*

I meant something like stage info or what not.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who liked this update?
Not only do you battle your opponent at the end, but you can race them as well! Both in a typical running race and a climbing contest. Sounds fun!

----

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom