• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Yeah I like today's update. I like running and dodging in Smash. As long as it's something new about the game it's fine.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
The new "Run" mode seems to be the new incarnation of "Race to The Finish" don't you think?

As for the "Climb" mode... could this really be a hint towards them?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Other than in climb at really high speeds, I'm not entirely how sure the Danger Zones will actually be to dodge, so it seems like inherently faster characters would have the advantage when these modes gets chosen as the final event. Although, I guess that's what kept Kirby's Air Ride a guessing game too since you might get a challenge that required a good flying vehicle, a fast one, or a durable one for battle. It'd be nice if you could unlock the modes that are more than just Free for All/Free for All with some element of Special Battle for play outside of Smash Run though as others have noted. It was possible in Kirby's Air Ride, so I'm sure it was at least considered.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It really does seem like fast characters will be by far the best picks for Smash Run. They can get around the map itself quickly to gather power-ups, and with things like this and the climb thing as possible ways to determine the winner it just seems like they have a huge advantage. Hopefully there are some final matches that favor heavy and slow characters like Bowser and Donkey Kong too, otherwise I don't think anyone's going to be picking them at all.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
It really does seem like fast characters will be by far the best picks for Smash Run. They can get around the map itself quickly to gather power-ups, and with things like this and the climb thing as possible ways to determine the winner it just seems like they have a huge advantage. Hopefully there are some final matches that favor heavy and slow characters like Bowser and Donkey Kong too, otherwise I don't think anyone's going to be picking them at all.
As mentioned by Sakurai, the fast characters are in danger of touching the danger zones more than others,

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
One more PotD before the final week before JP release. I'm so excited. I wonder if anything special will happen or be said. Maybe not tomorrow, but surely on Monday?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm not expecting a huge amount of things that will blow things out of the water up to the JPN release. If it would nice if it did, but I'm trying not to set the bar so high that I end up disappointing myself.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm not expecting a huge amount of things that will blow things out of the water up to the JPN release. If it would nice if it did, but I'm trying not to set the bar so high that I end up disappointing myself.
Well theres 1 blow out of the water that could happen but this update is optimistic.

I feel like the very last potd update before release might be mewtwo because the world wants him back the most hype update before release for short.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
So are people actively against Smash Run or just Smash Run pictures in the POTD? I personally think Smash run looks like an amazing amount of fun and I can't wait to play it.

Also, that Pac-Man run animation. He runs like Naruto.:4pacman:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So are people actively against Smash Run or just Smash Run pictures in the POTD? I personally think Smash run looks like an amazing amount of fun and I can't wait to play it.

Also, that Pac-Man run animation. He runs like Naruto.:4pacman:
Pictures. If only cause we want to see a bit more other modes/gameplay in general.

Although some don't like the mode itself(I do), but that seems to be the least viewed opinion.

I hate Smash Run updates. Not because I hate Smash Run or even because I think it's "filler." In fact it's just the opposite; I love Smash Run and know that finding everything in it will be far more fun then having Sakurai telling us about it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You must remember though, that the final event is completely random if it's set to be random. As such, there's no telling what stats you need to focus on the most if you don't receive any hints.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Heavier characters can carry more Powers though, which helps make up for it some.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did recently have a thought that one the final events might include a boss battle. The four players have to work together to defeat a boss character before time runs out; this would reference the City Trial's stadium event, VS. King Dedede.

Some possible bosses could include...

Petey Piranha
Tiki Tong
Stallord
Kracko
Yellow Devil
Egg Dragoon

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I did recently have a thought that one the final events might include a boss battle. The four players have to work together to defeat a boss character before time runs out; this would reference the City Trial's stadium event, VS. King Dedede.

Petey Piranha
Tiki Tong
Stallord
Kracko
Yellow Devil
Egg Dragoon
I'd want to see the Doom Dragon or Chaos Chimera as a boss. That would obviously be highly unlikely, though.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice

Petey Piranha
Tiki Tong
Stallord
Kracko
Yellow Devil
Egg Dragoon
I honestly would rather have it be just like city trial. Bosses should appear during the 5 minutes as an event, and you can choose to take it down for massive rewards or ignore it. Now I'm hoping to get some information on a new boss tonight.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
When warios confirmed Id like an event involving him and Wii Fit Trainer somehow

Last edited:

Petey Piranha
Tiki Tong
Stallord
Kracko
Yellow Devil
Egg Dragoon
It would be awesome if they made them unbelievably hard like VS King Dedede where the odds of success was low unless you really went all out with offensive power ups.

Of course the controls in Air Ride had a lot to do with why VS King Dedede was so hard.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I honestly would rather have it be just like city trial. Bosses should appear during the 5 minutes as an event, and you can choose to take it down for massive rewards or ignore it. Now I'm hoping to get some information on a new boss tonight.
I kind of think that the Smash Run enemies should only be limited to generics; tougher generics would be bigger than others. The boss fight would simply test to see if the players have increased their attack and defense enough to take it down within the time limit.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited for Smash Run, but to be honest, I'm surprised he's still posting pictures like this with only 6 posts of the day left.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Honestly, I don't see what's the problem with Wario being unlockable this time. Luigi is a starter now, so I think it makes sense to compensate for that somehow.

Also, there are several Mario spin-off games where Wario is unlockable, unlike Luigi.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman

Petey Piranha
Tiki Tong
Stallord
Kracko
Yellow Devil
Egg Dragoon

What about ridley? :troll:

(Jk, I'd rather see him playable :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom