• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Popeye clearly got insider information from Mario, considering their history from way back when.

Fatmanonhypetrain.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
It's Wario Whriday today, I can feel it in my gut. Tell your friends.

André Cardoso

Smash Rookie
After all this focus on the Smash Run, I decided to spend the day playing Kirby Air Ride to remember if the City Trial mode was really good or if it was only a nostalgic thing that I liked as a kid...

And now I can say I am freakin' excited to Smash Run, because City Trial is sooooooo ****ing awesome!
I just had a lot of fun playing this today, and all by myself... Then I remembered that playing this with my friends / brother was so intense!

I don't think SR is going to be boring at all!! I mean, it's Sakurai guys... So I just expect the best!!
For now, I think I'll just keep playing Kirby Air Ride to practice.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
After all this focus on the Smash Run, I decided to spend the day playing Kirby Air Ride to remember if the City Trial mode was really good or if it was only a nostalgic thing that I liked as a kid...

And now I can say I am freakin' excited to Smash Run, because City Trial is sooooooo ****ing awesome!
I just had a lot of fun playing this today, and all by myself... Then I remembered that playing this with my friends / brother was so intense!

I don't think SR is going to be boring at all!! I mean, it's Sakurai guys... So I just expect the best!!
For now, I think I'll just keep playing Kirby Air Ride to practice.
Yeah. I'm tired of all the Smash Run hate. I can understand it when he gives us filler that we've already learned from footage, but brand new stuff? Seriously guys..? Complaints have to have some form of merit other than "I don't like this mode. It hasn't even come out yet and I don't like this mode."

André Cardoso

Smash Rookie
Yeah. I'm tired of all the Smash Run hate. I can understand it when he gives us filler that we've already learned from footage, but brand new stuff? Seriously guys..? Complaints have to have some form of merit other than "I don't like this mode. It hasn't even come out yet and I don't like this mode."
Even with the footage, playing City Trail made me realise that there is so many variables with this mode... So technicality there is a lot to talk about it... And as you said, it is brand new stuff, so there's no point complaining...
I think it will turn out as one of my favourites modes.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
One more PotD before the final week before JP release. I'm so excited. I wonder if anything special will happen or be said. Maybe not tomorrow, but surely on Monday?
Ridley for Disconfirmation Monday? :rolleyes: Sakurai should make a formal (dis)confirmation for him very soon. Ridley fans have been unrest for too long enough already.

I feel that there will be a very big surprise on Friday of the final week, just a day before the 3DS version will be released in Japan. I wonder what will it be...

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Since we likely have the starting roster revealed, I'm not expecting more characters until after launch, but I'd love to be proven wrong tomorrow. I'm expecting mostly game mode/menus until launch at this point so that pretty much all the starting modes are revealed before it comes out.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If we get a character tomorrow, I'm predicting either Ganondorf, Wario, or Mr. Game & Watch.

If we get something else, I predict either something to do with a gamemode or just general new information.

Please be Dr. Mario or Ice Climbers

Last edited:

EmeraldCobra

Smash Rookie
Well i wonder what this Friday is going to bring us! I hope a other veteran gets announced from the leaks like Wario or Mr Game and Watch ( come on Sakurai hes bond to get his revealed) or even ROB.... We are getting closer Down to 2 Fridays lefts and usally Fridays have the big stuff

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well i wonder what this Friday is going to bring us! I hope a other veteran gets announced from the leaks like Wario or Mr Game and Watch ( come on Sakurai hes bond to get his revealed) or even ROB.... We are getting closer Down to 2 Fridays lefts and usally Fridays have the big stuff
I think Fridays have been a mixed bag. Sometimes it's amazing; sometimes it's nothing exciting. I'm hoping for an exciting pic considering there's only two Fridays before release in Japan.

Edit: Oh hey, my 3,000th post!

Last edited:

EmeraldCobra

Smash Rookie
I think Fridays have been a mixed bag. Sometimes it's amazing; sometimes it's nothing exciting. I'm hoping for an exciting pic considering there's only two Fridays before release in Japan.

Edit: Oh hey, my 3,000th post!
Its the last two weeks sakurai show nothing good this friday but next week be all new stuff then leads up to the Release date of smash 4 in Japan! BTW a Reply to me was your 3,000th HERES TO 3,00th more

I wonder if he'll acknowledge that cool Japanese ad with the people getting KO'd in live action.

As for tonight's pic, hmmm... a Wii U screenshot featuring a character surrounded by Smash Run enemies on an unfamiliar background, with a fittingly ambiguous caption. You know, just to get people riled.

viridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
nessearthbound
Well Smashboards, I say we have a moment of silence, this will be our last normal day. After tonight's pic will be launch week and we will go into hype overdrive and think of everything as a reason to hype.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Starting roster to be shown. With a demo coming that could be a good way to advertise it?

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
The pic is just going to be a blank image..
"Pic of the day. It's close enough to the launch date, so I don't have to do these anymore, right?"

But seriously, I feel like we could get something good.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Lucina McCartney is back and she wants to sing a song and she wants you all to sing along about the next PotD.

The hype train exploded with a mighty crash
As we fell into the sun
And Sakurai said "wait second one there
I hope you're having fun"

♪♪♪
Band on Smash Run, band on Smash Run
And Mega Man and Pac-Man
Were smashing everyone
For the band on Smash Run, band on Smash Run

Well, then Sakurai drew a heavy sigh
Seeing a new leak had come
And Shulk, Dark Pit and Duck Hunt were there
"Have a picture of Smash Run"

♪♪♪
And Mega Man and Pac-Man
Were smashing everyone
♪♪♪
Yeah the band on Smash Run, the band on Smash Run

Well, the night was falling as the whole world
Expected a new picture now
In the town they're searching for the leaker everywhere
But he never will be found

♪♪♪
And the Nintendo ninjas who held a grudge
Will search forever more

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Six
PotD
Days
Left!~

I dedictate this day to the many surprising characters Sakurai has added, and what better way to do that then to show off the top three that are the most unlikely....and yet, the most beloved characters that all somehow managed to come together for this spectacular event.
I even threw in some love for Mario due to the fact that he represents the series in which this game is based off of....
Nintendo.
RED
BLUE
and YELLOW

To the great lengths Sakurai has gone to bring us the greatest fighting game of all time....

Edit: I made a huge blunder....how dare I forget this guy?
... ...and Grey.
Even though he may not return, he was just as unlikely as the others. So he deserved a shout out.
Special thanks to @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux for reminding me of that.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Six
PotD

Days
Left!~

I dedictate this day to the many surprising characters Sakurai has added, and what better way to do that then to show off the top three that are the most unlikely....and yet, the most beloved characters that all somehow managed to come together for this spectacular event.
I even threw in some love for Mario due to the fact that he represents the series in which this game is based off of....
Nintendo.
RED
BLUE
and YELLOW

To the great lengths Sakurai has gone to bring us the greatest fighting game of all time....
All we need is king k rool for green

And ridley/mewtwo/both for purple

(Charizard alone is orange.)

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Remember Meta Knight was revealed literally a month ahead of Smash Bros for 3DS released in Japan? And I just realized that Shulk was indeed revealed close to the halfway of the final month. Nintendo Direct is too close to it so it might explain the one day late.

I can sorta see the pattern here.

#WarioWriday for the beginning of the final week before Smash Bros for 3DS is released!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Remember Meta Knight was revealed literally a month ahead of Smash Bros for 3DS released in Japan? And I just realized that Shulk was indeed revealed close to the halfway of the final month. Nintendo Direct is too close to it so it might explain the one day late.

I can sorta see the pattern here.

#WarioWriday for the final quarter of the final month!
Uh wario might be a unlockable this time according to the eshop leak of the rumored starting roster.

But im closer to mewtwo if a reveal due to being more hype than any character for not only japan usa as well.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Haven't been able to stay up for the Pic of the days anymore due to school starting again--but I'll be here in the morning.
@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed I'm rooting for ya to make it first this time! (if you made it first one of the past few days I apologize for not knowing.)
@ JabbatheHutt JabbatheHutt I'm hoping to see Wario tomorrow, so let's hope this Friday is the truly the Wario Wriday! (I think that's what you all call it.)

As for my overall expectations...it's either gonna be Wario, Dr. Mario as a surprise, more on alt costumes, or something else about a 3DS mode, like Trophy display or something.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Uh wario might be a unlockable this time according to the eshop leak of the rumored starting roster.

But im closer to mewtwo if a reveal due to being more hype than any character for not only japan usa as well.
How does eshop hint Wario being a hidden character? If anything, it hinted him being the starting character just like the other characters for the weekly discount sales in eShop.

It's not possible to see Ridley and Mewtwo and other characters not seen in leak to be revealed beforehand because they weren't the starting characters to begin with.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
How does eshop hint Wario being a hidden character? If anything, it hinted him being the starting character just like the weekly discount sales of the announced characters in eShop.

It's not possible to see Ridley and Mewtwo and other characters not seen in leak to be revealed beforehand because they weren't the starting characters to begin with.
For the eshop thing wario was not in it but was in the more filled up leak before that

And reminder for mewtwo and ridley they can get revealed before release for special case/hype wise.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm here way too early. Eh, don't expect much. Maybe a new stage or something.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
For the eshop thing wario was not in it but was in the more filled up leak before that

And reminder for mewtwo and ridley they can get revealed before release for special case/hype wise.
Wait, I skimmed through your post and I thought you were referring to the old leak that eShop listed Smash Bros under Wario.

The starting roster in eShop could be modified version with certain starter(s) to be announced later.

Man, I just wish the leaker who leaked the roster also leaked the starting roster. With it we will know the remaining characters to be announced before the 3DS version is released in Japan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom