• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlldH95cw
Pic of the day. Here's one of the final battles in Smash Run, called "Run!" As you'd expect, it involves you dashing toward the finish line. In general, the fighters who are fast by default, equipped with speed-boosting equipment, and powered-up with speed boosts over the course of that Smash Run will have the advantage. However, speed isn't the only factor that will determine who will be victorious...

2nd pic
Those red things in the picture are called danger zones, and if you touch one, you'll get penalized by respawning farther back in the stage!! The danger zones disappear after someone else touches them, so fighters following those in the lead will have an advantage. You can still find speed boosts throughout the stage, so it'll be a heated battle 'till the end!!

3rd pic
Here's another final battle called "Climb!" Obviously, those that can jump or fly higher will have the advantage, but they also have to avoid the danger zones!! It gets pretty challenging if you've boosted your speed too much, as well. Everyone really gets into this when playing multiplayer.
"RACE TO THE FINISH!" :D Awwwww yeah. I'm glad to see at least something similar return for this one.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Race to the finish with multiplayer, speed powers-ups, respawn zones, and MASSIVE QUANTITIES OF SALT.

That will be fun to see when the game is out. Thanks for the update, Sak, just over a week left and this was finally given more detail.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ugh, at this rate he's probably going to keep on making Smash Run updates even post-release.
''EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE PLAYED THIS MODE DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT. I KNOW YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH THAT I'VE ADDED ITO THE WII U VERSION LAST MOMENT. SO YOU CAN SMASH RUN AT HOME TOO!"

-fan base collectively groans-

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
So the new Race to the Finish and Climb. I suppose these end game modes to Smash Run were overdue for a POTD sometime. They aren't bad pics, just not particularly exciting pics. Hoping for a strong finish to the week tomorrow.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I don't get all the disliking going on here tonight. We haven't seen this side of Smash Run before to my knowledge, not counting the couple second clips from trailers. It's nice to get some information.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
It's about time for a Filler :troll: (Why don't we have an MJ smiley or something >_>)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Smash Run huh? Ah well. 8 more hours of orientation tomorrow. See you guys for Friday's hypetastic pic.

Here's another final battle called "Die!" All the fighters begin in midair over a bottomless chasm! Obviously, those that can jump an infinite number of times have the advantage. Unfortunately, no one can do that.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't get all the disliking going on here tonight. We haven't seen this side of Smash Run before to my knowledge, not counting the couple second clips from trailers. It's nice to get some information.
There's some real Smash Run hate here.

I swear if a new character was revealed and they were shown being played in Smash Run people would be complaining about filler.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
It's funny because I really want to play Smash Run, but I also don't want to hear anything about it. I'd rather experience it than have it explained to me.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
lol people be buttmad cause no character reveal.

I missed Race to the Finish, so this update is absolutely awesome for me. That, and I'm really looking forward to Smash Run. <3

Good update.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, another Smash Run pic? Oh well, hopefully this will be the last one before the game comes out in Japan. I mean, there can't possibly be another one, right?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm fairly sure many many users are so tired of Smash Run that they will enter into Post Traumatic Stress Disorder upon laying eyes upon it in the menu screens.

Sakurai, what have you done.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Also congrats Speed. You came first this time. At least that's how it shows on my screen.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
e
Oh goody, Smash Run.
Said nobody at all.
Not even joking, what the various Smash run ending are is one of things I'm most interested in learning at this point(though I think the run mode was already in the E3 demo)? Also interested to see what you can find behind the boss doors and if there are any yet unknown enemies in Smash run (stuff from Xenoblade maybe)? I am still totally up for Smash run picks. I don't get why they get so much hate. I mean sometimes they're lame, yes, but I get the impression a lot of people don't like today's post only because it is related to Smash Run. Like if this was it's own mode people would be excited.

Edit: And 1000th post, neat. I've been on a lot of forums before, but I've actually never hit 1000 before.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
By all means, be pretty sure. xD I was still on my 10 second timer since my last post, so I had to edit my previous. :)
Pretty sure is "you made your post X minutes ago", you edited out/in a different image that wasn't related to the PotD a minute later, around the same time or before swiftfox posts first image, swiftfox edits and posts second image, then you edit your post to put in the first image, then after swiftfox posts the third you take an extra minute before editing your original with the other two.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't see this POTD as a filler; we got some intersting information, because if we get a "Race To The Finish!" mode we also can get a "Board The Plataforms" based minigame or something.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Now I want to know the truth.

Did you replaced contents in your post with a PotD? :smash:
Yep. xD Don't see the problem in being honest here.

Pretty sure is "you made your post X minutes ago", you edited out/in a different image that wasn't related to the PotD a minute later, around the same time or before swiftfox posts first image, swiftfox edits and posts second image, then you edit your post to put in the first image, then after swiftfox posts the third you take an extra minute before editing your original with the other two.
....what? xD
Uhh...I think you're overthinking my strategy just a tad bit....

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Smash Run is just a boring generic mode is my problem with Smash Run. It feels like a time waster distraction and not something that really should be getting so much PoTD time devoted to it.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Not even Primer was this densely plotted. XS

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Very sneaky speed :)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I dont understand the whole "POTD contest thing"

anyway, the night i stay up for it, i get smash run?....well at least I get some form of race to the finish back so dats cool

Hopefully the final week of the POTD of the 3ds window is hype.

Last edited:

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this is filler because no one didn't expect a race mode, it was pretty obviously going to be included. We didn't need a pic (or 3) of it. Now should be the time when we're getting down to brass tacks on this, like the palettes and other more visually stimulating things.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Smash Run is just a boring generic mode is my problem with Smash Run. It feels like a time waster distraction and not something that really should be getting so much PoTD time devoted to it.
Huh, that's what I think pretty much all modes are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom