• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Question: has a character been revealed on a day other than Friday that wasn't important to them in any way?

If not, I have a better feeling about tomorrow for Wario. But we could get him today. He seems most likely out of all other vets to be revealed before launch.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Of course, that could mean that Wario's going right back to starter-ville and Shulk and the three third parties are moving to unlockableland like many people wanted and predicted. Wario being absent in the lineup with Sonic, Kirby, and DDD in All-Star could just mean he's been moved to 2003 for WarioWare, since that is the franchise he's repping, and there's damn near nothing for Wario Land in Smash, regrettably.

I always felt the roster screen in the Japanese eShop was just for promotional purposes. Would be nice if that was true.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well, this is super late but...8 Colors Confirmed! Best POTD in a while in my opinion. No horned Villager though, that's slightly dissapointing, no Flame shirt either. All of Samus' outfit's are amazing though. If we don't get Ms. Pac-Man in the game after this announcement, I will be thoroughly enraged.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Of course, that could mean that Wario's going right back to starter-ville and Shulk and the three third parties are moving to unlockableland like many people wanted and predicted. Wario being absent in the lineup with Sonic, Kirby, and DDD in All-Star could just mean he's been moved to 2003 for WarioWare, since that is the franchise he's repping, and there's damn near nothing for Wario Land in Smash, regrettably.

I always felt the roster screen in the Japanese eShop was just for promotional purposes. Would be nice if that was true.
But he debuted in 1992

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I'm going to predict the new F-Zero stage for 3DS. After all, from the leak, it is the last remaining stage in which Sakurai would have any obligation to reveal via PotD before launch--especially since the demo with the starting roster will be made available this weekend in Tokyo.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Question: has a character been revealed on a day other than Friday that wasn't important to them in any way?

If not, I have a better feeling about tomorrow for Wario. But we could get him today. He seems most likely out of all other vets to be revealed before launch.
That Meta Knight tho

Morbi

Scavenger
I predict Ganondorf's appearance as a playable character. He was essentially confirmed already, so it would be just like filler. Sakurai likes filler. Lets go!

Or Wolf, Wolf would be great as well.

JabbatheHutt

Just realized maybe sakurai made a build just for the ll star potd to throw us off the wario trail to his reveal either today or tomm

That pic was a clear hint at wario

1992 come on

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
But he debuted in 1992
But since he's serving as the rep for the WarioWare franchise, does that count?

1981 Donkey Kong has been retconned, sorta, to be part of the DK franchise, so every original game in a franchise is being repped by someone in some way. DK and Mario are in 1981 for Donkey Kong, Mac is in 1984 for Punch Out, Pit and Palutena are in for NES Kid Icarus, as that game is still considered to be part of the timeline with Uprising despite Uprising having a buttload of content in this game, etc.

Literally the only non-WarioWare element in Smash that can be directly tied to Wario right now is his overalls, which is just an alt as far as Smash is concerned. Wario is repping the WarioWare franchise, so he'd likely be there in 2003 to rep WarioWare in All-Star.

JabbatheHutt

Warning Received
But hes already the front of the train....

this image was for you....

*Scraps image*
Don't scrap it! It gets everyone so pumped !!!

1981 Donkey Kong has been retconned, sorta, to be part of the DK franchise, so every original game in a franchise is being repped by someone in some way. DK and Mario are in 1981 for Donkey Kong, Mac is in 1984 for Punch Out, Pit and Palutena are in for NES Kid Icarus, as that game is still considered to be part of the timeline with Uprising despite Uprising having a buttload of content in this game, etc.

Literally the only non-WarioWare element in Smash that can be directly tied to Wario right now is his overalls, which is just an alt as far as Smash is concerned. Wario is repping the WarioWare franchise, so he'd likely be there in 2003 to rep WarioWare in All-Star.
Doubt this. I'd be pissed beyond imagination

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Isn't Wario's forward smash from the Wario Land games?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
HYPE THRUSTERS ACTIVATING.

CHOSEN HYPE: WARIO.

WE ARE GO FOR HYPE.

INITIATING WARIO HYPE SEQUENCE.

HYPE AT FULL CAPACITY.

WARIO HYPE TRAIN LAUNCH IN 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

HYPE LAUNCH SUCCESSFUL.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Get @ Zero Suit Wario Zero Suit Wario in there. Avid hyper :)
And me :)

So, I finished a palette swap for Paper Mario in PM64 colors:

And on that note, this is intense enough to hype:

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

POTD prediction: shocking deconfirmation.

Not much is left tough. Ray, issac, vaati and I don't know (tbh, it would be quite surprising for me to be the ext victim, but again, ghirahim got me off guard). I guess they could for KKR, but that might just be way too much to even happen so, forget about it.

It's just that honestly, the character thread don't look the same as it was when I got OP of Paper Mario thread. Lots of deconfirmation killed so many threads. There was dilon quite active, takamaru most of the time in first page, Ghirahim and who could forget toad slowly dying to the [almost deconfirmed]. So much fell, and yet, so few remains. It's really awesome to have been there to know how speculation progress in a progressive dying battlefield where you don't know when a kill could occur.

I probably forgot a lot, but I spent a great time in this forum in speculation and with 7 POTD left...

I wish everyone's remaining support threads a good luck with the end of speculation.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
For tonight, I predict more colors, or that 3DS F-Zero Level. Or Ms. Pac-Man. Man, I just really want to see Ms. Pac-Man now. It makes too much sense.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'm going to predict the PoTD and it will 100% happen for sure. He's going to mention something that's purple: "PoTD. Here's Pyrosphere again. It's been a while since you've seen it huh? The lava on the stage rises up similar to a previous Metroid stage. The purple tubes on the side indicate how high the lava rises."

:troll:

"What is that?! Something's coming out of the lava! It's... Vorash, a boss form Metroid Other M! This area, however, isn't actually where the Vorash is fought in Other M. I wonder where the original denizen is..."

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I predict we'll see a stage tonight, or maybe a Classic Sonic alt for Sonic. That would actually make me main him.

A demo/trailer announcement would also be nice. I don't really care for veteran reveals at this point, but Ness or Wario would be pretty hype.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Did the hype train leave to Wario Land without me?
I was busy scrapping with the leader Scrafty over a hot female
All that aside:
-WARIO"WTH"URSDAY
BECAUSE WHAT THE HECK? WHY NOT REVEAL HIM?
-And Swift beats Speed
-Jabba already made me laugh so no point in betting on that
-And I'll be left off the hype train once more

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I predict we'll see a stage tonight, or maybe a Classic Sonic alt for Sonic. That would actually make me main him.

A demo/trailer announcement would also be nice. I don't really care for veteran reveals at this point, but Ness or Wario would be pretty hype.
Nah, Classic Sonic would have to be a clone. His hurtbox would be a different shape, since he's shorter than and not as skinny as Modern Sonic. So of course Sakurai would have to make other balance changes because why the heck not.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Nah, Classic Sonic would have to be a clone. His hurtbox would be a different shape, since he's shorter than and not as skinny as Modern Sonic. So of course Sakurai would have to make other balance changes because why the heck not.
Still, it would be a great idea.

Guess I'll predict Swift beats Speed, just because the laws of time don't affect him. :awesome:

pickle962

Smash Lord
Guys guys guys! What about....

The OPTIONS Menu! :troll::troll::troll:

I wouldn't put it past Sakurai as it is the only menu he hasn't shown us yet!

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if tonight is more colors/alts, it's a good night.

If it's Metwo/Ridley, it'sa GREAT night.

And if it's Robocop, I win a bet I should have never made.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kind of want to see Bowser Jr just to see how the alternate costumes would work

JabbatheHutt

Did the hype train leave to Wario Land without me?
I was busy scrapping with the leader Scrafty over a hot female
All that aside:
-WARIO"WTH"URSDAY
BECAUSE WHAT THE HECK? WHY NOT REVEAL HIM?
-And Swift beats Speed
-Jabba already made me laugh so no point in betting on that
-And I'll be left off the hype train once more
Never off the hype train

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The hype train never leaves the station, does it

It's always just stuck at Wario

Just sits there

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
o.o
What the heck....?
It's as if I could feel Sakurai glancing at a Wario pic of the day.....
But then remembering Jabba's watching.
:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom