• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Mii Swordfighter Competitive Discussion and Q&A Thread

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814
I wished they focused more on decreasing Mii Swordfighter's begin- and endlag instead of damage outputs of two or three attacks, though.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Well if we are on the subject of buff wishlist, I want a kill throw even though most members of the Swordfighter archetype don't have one.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Unless I've been doing something wrong (or right), any time I play as Mii Sword I tend to live until like 160% or so before I actually get killed (not new to patch). Is this an advantage unique to Mii Sword or am I really good at DIing? :upsidedown:

But seriously Mii Sword might not kill pre-120%~ish, but he won't die quickly either. The only serious issue I've been having is approaching, but once I get in I can rack up the 120% rather quickly. Off-stage chasing with Fair seems to be my go-to tool for kills (although a good FSmash read will certainly kill at 80%, or at least put them in a bad position).

I still need additional practice with the new supposed Dtilt trajectory. How useful is it now vs before, if it's a true change?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey @ san. san. If I were to say
:4myfriends:=:pikachumelee:
Then
:4miisword:=:pichumelee:
In the sense that Swordfighter is a slightly faster but overall weaker version of Ike, would you agree or disagree?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hey @ san. san. If I were to say
:4myfriends:=:pikachumelee:
Then
:4miisword:=:pichumelee:
In the sense that Swordfighter is a slightly faster but overall weaker version of Ike, would you agree or disagree?
He feels more like a "heavy" Toon Link if he had melee specials with Marth dash/walk physics. I wish they could combine the good qualities of both quick draw-like attacks and it would be a great move. Current swordfighter is quite decent now imo if you focus on the better moves. Dtilt, Utilt, Dthrow combo, and jab make for a pretty powerful up-close game.

I think he still needs fair to be a few frames faster with a better autocancel, uthrow and some specials not be useless, and muuuuch less endlag on downsmash. Hero's spin didn't need a buff. It kills at ridiculous percent for its speed and range now (even stronger than Link's!).

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Maybe next time I go on anthers and use Mii Sword people won't vote me a 1/3 for fun level anymore when I beat them? :p

(Hahahaha that'll never happen. Gale Strike for days, yo.)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
On second thought I think that Swordfighter U-throw should be a 160% kill throw but seriously ANY kill throw would work I had replays of opponents living till 200%+ because all they had to do was hold shield

Also these buffs are starting t look better and better every time i think about them I probably have to strengthen my footsie game now as now I don't have to be all "U-air lol"

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
guys I was on training mode and I just did d-tilt into fair and the game said it was a combo!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Allright afer switching to my 1/4/min Mii I can do the d-tilt to u-air combo more consistently

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Okay. So finally got to chance to test out Swordfighter. Man, he does feels good. The buff to nair is nice! I don't know where you guys are getting 8 damage. It does 7.5% with Default SF. The buff to dtilt silly. It was already a good move. They just make it better. Sadly, nothing else got buff/fixed besides Hero's Spin (once again... why?) which sadden me. I was hoping less lag on certain moves like Gale Strike and Sword Launcher (or grab the ledge/UpB if it attack), Blurring Blade to link properly, More damage on Stone Scabbard (or grab the ledge backward). I don't know what else I am missing but we are at a good start.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
oh it's 7.5%? Did not know that and WB from your trip.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Yeah, I test it several times. If I use a Heavy/Tall Mii, it was 8%. But default always gave me 7.5%. Maybe placebo but I test it in training mode. Can anyone please confirm my claim? Maybe I am still deprived from the trip.

Thank you Antonykun! Your find about dtilt -> Upair/Fair/nair does work and its a combo in training. We can do Jab-> Jab-> Dtilt (14%) into Upair (26-30%), Fair (24%) or Nair (22%). Might be DI dependent but that was against a level 7 CPU. If we manage to FF Fair you can do Usmash right after for so meaty damage. I need to test more stuff with him but he feels really good. I might just Ladder now and do friendlies with players.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Hmm... hey guys. A little european birdy (HermitHelmet) told me that Shuriken of Light has invincibility frames. I have not tested it myself but I assume it on start up (the yellow flash). Can one of you guys test this?

If it is true, what applications can we make use of this move? I guess tank a charge shot and counter with a shuriken.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hmm... hey guys. A little european birdy (HermitHelmet) told me that Shuriken of Light has invincibility frames. I have not tested it myself but I assume it on start up (the yellow flash). Can one of you guys test this?

If it is true, what applications can we make use this move? I guess tank a charge shot and counter with a shuriken.
does this have anything to do with the red flash at the start of SoL?

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Oh is it a red flash? I assume so. We need to test it out.

Edit: He is going to make a video about Swordfighter in general. So eventually we will know what he is talking about.

Last edited:

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Even if SoL has some invulnerability frames, I can't think of a way in which Swordfighter could actually capitalize off of them. Stone Scabbard at least lets you throw your opponent away, comparatively.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Not my video. It is HermitHelmet's video. You should thank him. He also posted any another tech called Hero's Spin Boosting

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Here is the kicker... it easier to do this with Fat Swordfighter than Thin Swordfighter because the ending lag is longer for Mr. Fatty.
Ahah! I knew my medium/fat Swordfighter with SoL and Chakram was good for something! :bee:

Only @ Antonykun Antonykun knows me here and @ Unknownkid Unknownkid

I got interested in Swordfighter because he's charming in a way that he's perceived as bad. Plus, he has a sword which means I can probably learn to like the guy. I made my Swordfighter Trevor Phillips because GTAV was a great game imo. I also call Swordfighter "butter knife fighter". In short BKF.

So yeah, muffins :muffin:

I don't know where the official social is but the one in the stickied list of threads is basically a re-direct to another thread. So I guess I'll start posting, like maybe one thing about Swordfighter:

- Hero's spin comes out at frame 4. FRAME 4. And it KO's Mario on his starting position at 106%. This is the 3DS version btw so it may kill earlier in the Wii U version. Use this OoS.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Only @ Antonykun Antonykun knows me here and @ Unknownkid Unknownkid

I got interested in Swordfighter because he's charming in a way that he's perceived as bad. Plus, he has a sword which means I can probably learn to like the guy. I made my Swordfighter Trevor Phillips because GTAV was a great game imo. I also call Swordfighter "butter knife fighter". In short BKF.

So yeah, muffins :muffin:

I don't know where the official social is but the one in the stickied list of threads is basically a re-direct to another thread. So I guess I'll start posting, like maybe one thing about Swordfighter:

- Hero's spin comes out at frame 4. FRAME 4. And it KO's Mario on his starting position at 106%. This is the 3DS version btw so it may kill earlier in the Wii U version. Use this OoS.
Umm... I know you. :glare:

My appeal to Swordfighter is that, I like his costumes a lot. I even used him in a tourney once.

For some reason, all the Mii Fighters share a social.

I'm glad you're more interested in him, we need more people around here.

Umm... I know you. :glare:

My appeal to Swordfighter is that, I like his costumes a lot. I even used him in a tourney once.

For some reason, all the Mii Fighters share a social.

I'm glad you're more interested in him, we need more people around here.
Didn't know you post here. Er... my bad

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Take it easy. It's based on votes and opinions
well it seems now that people are starting to understand the true power of Butter Knife Spider
seeing as @ Unknownkid Unknownkid hasn't said it already welcome to the BKS forums

Last edited:
Top Bottom