• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Mii Swordfighter Competitive Discussion and Q&A Thread

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
If I ever play as Mii then it will probably be swordfighter. Mainly because I love swords due to me being a huge fire emblem fan.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Looks fun! :awesome:

Too bad this implicitly deconfirms the Wandering Heroes from Find Mii. :(

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Definitely my main mii that I'm using with the brawler on the side. I think the mii fighter was one of the greatest ideas so far. It looks to be marth-esque, which is really good and I just like being a sword user. Definitely gonna be one of my top 5's hopefully

Morbi

Scavenger
I do not like that it blatantly uses Link's taunt as one of its own. However; this is going to be the class of choice for my sister, she is quite fond of it.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
they look like they have style like sword movement wise it looks a bit unique and sometimes I see a hint of link in some of the moves so I know one of my friends he LOVES link and I but he might secondary this one

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Yiiiiis, good good good <3

I intend to take up the sword and go to battle with all of nintendos greats *points to my avatar*

hehehe

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I wonder if they'll have a left handed option like Link. Me and Miyamoto are both left handed and prefers swords but I feel like we'll just have to Princess Bride it.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
I think this is the one I'm going to be using the most. The mid-range style and decent-looking aerial maneuverability are what I crave. I am more of an aerial fighter (I main Ness), and Mii Swordfighter looks to be well-adapted to that.

D

Deleted member

I really hope one of the Swordfighter's taunts will be Roy's taunt from Melee. I highly doubt Roy will come back, but it would be a nice tribute to those who used him in Melee.
http://youtu.be/jLwHOov4A8o?t=1m22s

Last edited by a moderator:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I saw someone comment that they wanted to play as Inigo Montoya on another thread.
I actually downloaded a bunch of Miis, and I downloaded Inigo especially for that purpose.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Known special moves: (Final Cutter), Light Shuriken, Gale Strike, Chakram, (Climhazzard), (Hell's Gate), (Counter).

*(Function known but not name)

There's still five moves we don't know, but I can already think of a couple builds. If they're allowed.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I'm really at a loss on what Mii Fighter will be my preference, but the one item that might send me over the edge is the chakram (circular throwing blade). I think it's a unique inclusion:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Personally this is my favorite type of MiiFighter and I'm going to be using it frequently :grin:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Missed some things AGAIN:
Neutral Special 1 pushes the foe instead of dealing damage if they're downed.
Up Special 1 has slight directional control.
Side Special 1 puts you into helpless fall if used in the air, unless it hits a foe. It is also a chargeable attack, though it really doesn't take very long at all to reach max charge.
Neutral Special 2 deals greater damage, hitstun, and knockback the farther it travels.
Up Special 2 can be directionally controlled.
Side Special 2 puts you into helpless fall if used in the air.
Side Special 3 (the chakram) can be slowed by holding the B button. This causes it to travel much slower to a much shorter distance while multi-hitting. I am uncertain if it can be slowed after it has already been fired or if that only works at the start of the move.
The chargeable multisword attack is actually Neutral Special 3, even though it's difficult to tell because they did them in the wrong order.

And they only showed 1 victory pose AGAIN.

Also... "Prepare yourself for a blinding storm! Brilliant Overlord! Never fight a battle you can't win!"

MKC413

Smash Rookie
My Swordfighter will be a representation of how I'd like to fight. Able to recover, throw projectiles, and attack up close and personal.
Ambu HiRoshi.
Neutral B: 3
Side B: 3
Up B: 1
Down B: 3

Folt

Smash Ace
Mii Swordfighter Official Special Move names according to Smash demo:

Mii Swordfighter

Neutral 1: Tornado Strike (aesthetically, but not functionally, similiar to Link's Side B)
Neutral 2: Shining Shuriken
Neutral 3: Power Thrust (Similiar to Cpt. Falcon Down B)
Side 1: Airborne Assault
Side 2: Surging Slash (Similiar to Ike Side B)
Side 3: Chakram
Up 1: Back in the Stone (Similiar to Kirby Up B)
Up 2: Super Slash Dash
Up 3: Hero's Spin (Similiar to Link Up B)
Down 1: Blade Counter (Similiar to Marth Down B)
Down 2: Reflect Spin (Similiar to Mario Side B)
Down 3: Blade Flurry

Keep in mind that the names come from the PAL version of the Smash demo and may be different from the US demo.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Mii Swordfighter Official Special Move names according to Smash demo:

Mii Swordfighter

Neutral 1: Tornado Strike (aesthetically, but not functionally, similiar to Link's Side B)
Neutral 2: Shining Shuriken
Neutral 3: Power Thrust (Similiar to Cpt. Falcon Down B)
Side 1: Airborne Assault
Side 2: Surging Slash (Similiar to Ike Side B)
Side 3: Chakram
Up 1: Back in the Stone (Similiar to Kirby Up B)
Up 2: Super Slash Dash
Up 3: Hero's Spin (Similiar to Link Up B)
Down 1: Blade Counter (Similiar to Marth Down B)
Down 2: Reflect Spin (Similiar to Mario Side B)
Down 3: Blade Flurry

Keep in mind that the names come from the PAL version of the Smash demo and may be different from the US demo.
Up 1 has a different name in the US (Stone Scabbard), but I like this name better.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Decided to main Mii Swordfighter after seeing his moveset. Also really happy you can use a katana for a sword.
Also, my planned customized Swordfighter:
Neutral B: Gale Strike
Side B: Chakram or Airborne assault
Up B: Hero's Spin
Down B: Blade Counter or Reversal Slash

Last edited:
Top Bottom