• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Mii Swordfighter Competitive Discussion and Q&A Thread

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I'll test some stuff tonight after work. An Atlanta monthly just changed from 1111 Guest to Any Move Guest. I'll likely use the character in early sets. Perhaps against Lord Mix's Bowser and Rango's Ike, too.
Wait... What?! Why is your state so awesome? Freaking Socal. You are going to love Chakram vs Bowser and you just counter/cape/Gale Strike Ike's Recovery.
I agree with Clock Tower Prison.I will like a stream.

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
So Meta Knight, Cloud and Corrin (Upper sword users) received some nerfs. That should make the matchups a bit more manageable. I haven't played this game since last year, though, so, I don't know anything about said matchups.

Hax Sign

Smash Rookie
Hello! Just some guy that likes all Miis stopping by. I just wanted to ask what people thought was best for Down-B. I usually run 1312, and focus on spacing using the chakram and dair. What are some good strategies for fighting some of the high-tier characters?

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Hello! Just some guy that likes all Miis stopping by. I just wanted to ask what people thought was best for Down-B. I usually run 1312, and focus on spacing using the chakram and dair. What are some good strategies for fighting some of the high-tier characters?
With Down B, all of them are matchup dependant.
Counter Vs Hard Hitters
Reflect Spin Vs bad recoveries or projectile spammers
Power Thrust when you need to close the gap between the other guy

High Tier Matchups are hard to explain, could you be a lil' more specific with who you're going to be fighting? :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey dudes, I'm trying to collect a bunch of quick easy info graphics on essential character knowledge to make a quick reference guide for commentators (we all hate it when a commentator says something that is wrong)
This shulk thing here is an example of the kinda stuff I am looking for

I'm going around to all the character boards and it'll be a little messy for me to try and check them all, so if you have any cool things like that, or just some useful info that I could turn into a similar picture, please send me a message. Cheers lads.

Routa

Smash Lord
Ah it is nice to see someone finally doing a thing like this.

Anyways as for Swordspider:

-Hero's Spin is stronger than Link's due to having higher KBG by 4 (Swordspider's has 90KBG while Link's has 86)
-Has the strongest Uair in terms of killpower

Tbh there isn't really that much. Not enough "things" to make a information table from them.

I wish you good luck.

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
hey dudes, I'm trying to collect a bunch of quick easy info graphics on essential character knowledge to make a quick reference guide for commentators (we all hate it when a commentator says something that is wrong)
This shulk thing here is an example of the kinda stuff I am looking for

I'm going around to all the character boards and it'll be a little messy for me to try and check them all, so if you have any cool things like that, or just some useful info that I could turn into a similar picture, please send me a message. Cheers lads.[/QUOTE

I tend to see myself as the Mii swordfighter in theory expert. I've been playing and studying the character since day 1 and ever since I've seen commentators completely flustered when a Mii swordfighter is playing, sometimes saying just stupid things. So from those experiences, I'll provide as much info as I can think of here that was often understood wrongly by commentators.

First of all, his bread and butter combo is the D-throw to Uair. Swordfighter lives for this combo, seriously. As Routa mentioned, his Uair is the strongest move he has as it does 16% fresh and kills between 70% and 120% depending on stage, character and DI.
Of course being on a platform decreases that margin a lot. This is one of the biggest reasons why platform stages, especially Battlefield are really good for Swordfighter. He can shark under the platforms to hit Uairs from below or lure opponents up there and finish them with the combo.
Almost all of his normals except for F-tilt, F-smash and D-smash and aerials besides Uair send the opponent up. Tornado Spin is also very good at popping opponents into the air. And above swordfighter is the last place you want to be because, you guessed it, Uair.

If you want a detailed description of every move Mii swordfighter has, check out my guide on him here on Smashboards. I've put in gifs and talk strategy and purpose on every move and included all the combo's I could think of as well as some from others in the community, so it's perfect for those commentators to check out. Consider this a TL, DR version of that on some of the key points about the character. It also happens to be the only Mii swordfighter guide in existence for as far as I know. Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/guides/the-mii-sword-arts.47/

For a sword character, Mii Swordfighter has poor range. Most other sword users in the game outrange him although Roy has to get closer to do anything. On top of that, Mii Swordfighter doesn't have very good frame data and an horrendous 7 frame jumpsquat. Seriously, that is the one problem that's holding him back a lot, that terrible jumpsquat. Oh, and SoL does 9.5% at max range, not 6 you idiot commentators. Read the guide, sheesh. That's pretty much the main message.

I hope this helped! Good luck with educating the commentators for whenever a swordfighter shows up at tourney.

Top Bottom