• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Mii Swordfighter Competitive Discussion and Q&A Thread

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
I really wish Gale Strike were a down+B move. Swordfighter would become really effing versatile.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I really wish Gale Strike were a down+B move. Swordfighter would become really effing versatile.
I'd rather it be a side b even though that would mean losing a reflector

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Wait... what?
What kind of setup will you guys have with your suggestions?
ZarroTsu
SoL
Airborne Assault/Slash Launcher (?)
Hero's Spin (?)
Gale Strike

Antonykun
SoL
Gale Strike
Hero's Spin
Beats me when you since you statement you will lose a reflector.

I'm lost.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Wait... what?
What kind of setup will you guys have with your suggestions?
ZarroTsu
SoL
Airborne Assault/Slash Launcher (?)
Hero's Spin (?)
Gale Strike

Antonykun
SoL
Gale Strike
Hero's Spin
Beats me when you since you statement you will lose a reflector.

I'm lost.
Sorry i was thinking of reversal slash as a down b when i meantto say aerial assaults recovery.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I really need proofread before posting. The Direct made me too hype. BALANCED PATCH. There is still hope in man.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So... who else is going to want to put "official" Swordfighter in those link clothes

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
DAT MAJORA'S MASK

EDIT: Huh weird. Swordfighter gets twice as much costumes than the other classes. We get Monkey Suit, Dunban Suit, Link Suit and Majora Suit. That is 4 Suits compared to Brawler and Gunner which are both 2 suits each.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I stand corrected. Swordfighter gains 4 Suits - Smash, Monkey, Link, and Dundan. Gunner gains 3 Suits - Smash, Blues/Protoman, and Megaman X. Brawler gains 2 Suits - Smash and Cat. The Majora's Mask is universal. Looks like the Sakurai knows who needs more attention. I am seeing a buff on the horizon.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Monkey Suit + Meta Knight Mask = Swordfighter OP

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Monkey Suit + Meta Knight Mask = Swordfighter OP
No... we must go deeper than that.
Give him pikachu's tail and fox's boots. This will create the Ultimate Smash Character. I might actually drop Swordfighter is he becomes top tier (which we all know would not happen but just so you know).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
No... we must go deeper than that.
Give him pikachu's tail and fox's boots. This will create the Ultimate Smash Character. I might actually drop Swordfighter is he becomes top tier (which we all know would not happen but just so you know).
I'll still play Swordfighter cuz im Tsundere like that.

Drippy

Smash Ace
For all you GTO fans, I've already made a Mii that looks exactly like our silly teacher Onizuka. And for those of you who haven't watched the anime yet, WATCH IT RIGHT NOW. I never really cared much for the Mii outfits, especially since I think most of them (especially Mii Swordsfighter) are ugly but I'M SO FLIPPIN HYPED RIGHT NOW FOR THAT MONKEY OUTFIN MUN.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Good to know. Welcome to the team.
I've always been a Mii Swordsfighter person so it's not something new, I've just never really thought of coming here to talk about him but I'll probably start being more active on here and on Smashboards in general. On the other hand, hopefully I can practice my Mega Man and Mii Swordsfighter enough in next few weeks so they'll be ready for my tournament. Luckily the DLC will be coming out before my tournament too :D

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Ever since last year, I've been using my lightsaber swordfighter. Man, getting 5th with him was like a miracle. I'm still gonna stick with him as a pocket. I've learnt a lot over the months thanks to you guys.

These days, I'm unsure whether I actually like the character or it's costumes...

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ever since last year, I've been using my lightsaber swordfighter. Man, getting 5th with him was like a miracle. I'm still gonna stick with him as a pocket. I've learnt a lot over the months thanks to you guys.

These days, I'm unsure whether I actually like the character or it's costumes...
For the costume just wait for the monkey suit. Like I am just as hype for the Suit as I am for mewtwo.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I know that I'm going to still play Swordfighter but im not sure about Mewtwo

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
I'm not terribly hyped for the current collection of costumes, but I am hyped for the prospect of future costumes.

I just hope Miis are a part of the balance patch and aren't still considered back-seat characters (see: For Glory) (I also hope, for that matter, that they just use a guest Mii for online play. Why is that so hard to do? Or is this a weird packet issue regarding Mii sizes?).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm not terribly hyped for the current collection of costumes, but I am hyped for the prospect of future costumes.

I just hope Miis are a part of the balance patch and aren't still considered back-seat characters (see: For Glory) (I also hope, for that matter, that they just use a guest Mii for online play. Why is that so hard to do? Or is this a weird packet issue regarding Mii sizes?).
I'm 99% FG will ruin Swordfighter for me

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I just realized that with the monkey costume I can have a goku for each mii style (fighter uniform for brawler, dragon armor for gunner). Power pole!!! :D

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm back y'all. The buffs to swordfighter were good and I picked him up as a secondary/tertiary again. Dunno when he'll ever be tourney-ready, but he's much more fun to use now.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm back y'all. The buffs to swordfighter were good and I picked him up as a secondary/tertiary again. Dunno when he'll ever be tourney-ready, but he's much more fun to use now.
Yes !

He's definitely a bit better with the buffs he got.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Lol Secondary... I wish. Welcome back! What else has Swordfighter improved other than Nair and Dtilt?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Lol Secondary... I wish. Welcome back! What else has Swordfighter improved other than Nair and Dtilt?
Hero's spin out of shield or after jab2 kills really early. The damage increases really helps with making plays and can even edge you out with spacing wars against some other characters. I am also getting into power thrust, since it is falcon kick with better reward.

His poor air speed, absurdly long fox trot, and other mediocre moves need to be worked around. Trela made me see how some moves had more applications than I thought.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
With these buffs, would you say swordfighter is (somewhat) usable or nah?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
With these buffs, would you say swordfighter is (somewhat) usable or nah?
Nope :p
Swordfighter still can't pressure shields you can still hold shield and watch Swordfighter struggle

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That nair buff is so MEATY.

Glad to see Swordfighter got some needed love.

Top Bottom