• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Release Plans?

UnsuspectingVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blockyraccoon
3DS FC
0430-8629-1274
Hahaha, no problem.

Could someone answer this question? Has anyone ever waited for a game release on the E-Shop? I really hope its Eastern. I won't sleep that thursday at all.
I have 60 bucks on my eshop. My body and wallet is ready for whatever time it is. :p

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
It's always been Eastern. So 9 PM Pacific, 11 PM Central, midnight Eastern. I remember this being the case for Animal Crossing.

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
This is the one pro for living in the central time zone. I won't have to completely kill my sleep schedule to get a little smash in before class the next day.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
You are going to school? XD
Ikr, I'll do anything I can to stay right in a warm bed playing smash all day. If i'm forced to go to school, I guess i'll at least enjoy it at lunch. I know for a fact i'm getting it at 11pm (Central) and I gotta unlock Junior or Dark Pit before I sleep. (If I haven't screwed up my sleep schedule like I want to so I can stay up all night)

Xtianosity

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xtianosity
I'm hoping for a midnight release at a Gamestop near me. It's more convenient to download at midnight, but there is always something fun about going to Gamestop at midnight with some friends.

SuperEpicClay

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperEpicClay
3DS FC
0044-2846-6176
So, I'm confused about what to do about the midnight release for 3DS. I know Gamestops are doing it (which I can't go to, because it's a school night and I can't drive just yet), and I'm pretty sure it releases at "midnight" on the E-Shop, which is how I plan on doing it. But, there's one thing that confuses me. When exactly does the E-Shop "midnight" release happen? What I mean is, does the release time vary for time zones? Like it actually releases at midnight on the east coast, but in central it's released at like 10 or 11? I'm just confused.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Pretty sure midnight happens at midnight. No point in staying up late or getting up early when you can just start the download when you head off to school and it'll be done when you get home.

Last edited:

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't have school on the 3rd so I have no problem driving to Gamestop. I'd rather have a physical copy of the game rather than download it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I won't be able to get the game during its midnight release as I'll be working during that time. Once I have the weekend off, I'll definitely be picking it up.

Overclocked

Smash Cadet
NNID
superfamicomwars
I think I saw in another thread that midnight is midnight EST, so for those on the west coast it will be 9PM. Not 100% sure though, I don't live in the US.

As for my release plans, it releases on a Saturday here so I'll be going down to the shops on Saturday morning and picking it up there.

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
It will be midnight EST, so it will be 9PM for me (PT) :)

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
I plan on going to a midnight launch and buy a 3ds nintendo card (45 or 50) for smash. Joking aside I think I might just download it

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Shame on you all! You should all participate in the midnight release! The hype train has no limits!

I'm not going to work Friday and my Gamestop is like 15 minutes away so it would be quicker to get my hands on it by midnight release over download anyway. Plus, midnight releases are really fun. I hope they have a stand outside the store for Smash Bros. They did when I went for Halo 4 and COD Black Ops 2, so maybe again for Smash Bros. That would be hype

Last edited:

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately I will not be doing a midnight release. However I have a meaningless field trip that day, so my parents are letting me skip so my already graduated friend and I can play it during the day. They know Im pretty respobsible so they don't care about this one day. Needless to say I will be Smashing quite a bit on October 3rd.

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
Shame on you all! You should all participate in the midnight release! The hype train has no limits!

I'm not going to work Friday and my my Gamestop is like 15 minutes away so it would be quicker to get my hands on it by midnight release over download anyway. Plus, midnight releases are really fun. I hope they have a stand outside the store for Smash Bros. They did when I went for Halo 4 and COD Black Ops 2, so maybe again for Smash Bros. That would be hype
Black Ops 2 was a VERY fun release at my gamestop. But I dont know if smash has enough fans in my state for it to be big. I could be wrong though.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Black Ops 2 was a VERY fun release at my gamestop. But I dont know if smash has enough fans in my state for it to be big. I could be wrong though.
From being at best buy for Smash Fest I can tell there are more then enough fans for Smash Bros. What did I expect, though. I live in Michigan.

Last edited:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Since this is one game that I never want to accidentally leave at home, I'm downloading it at midnight with some friends. My Internet is pretty quick, so we'll have it within 20 minutes hopefully. :chuckle:

It should release at 12 AM EST for all of continental America. Other eShop games have done the same.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
For the first time ever (AFAIK), we will be able to play against each other in the very game that we are standing in line waiting to purchase (via demo). For all you people planning to wait at home and download the game from the eShop, allow me to encourage you to head over to your local Gamestop instead. It's going to be a blast!

Renji64

Smash Lord
Staying up most of that night trying to figure out the right food and drinks for a smash launch is tough. I may have the homies over if possible. Geting it digital on the e-shop.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
My Gamestop is not having a midnight release so I'll just get it in the morning. I asked for work off that day though. Gonna be playing all day. Girlfriend might be mad but oh well, I'll be feeling it way to much. :4shulk:

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
Well to be fair I was going to bring a power pack or two to get some Brawl games going on in the parking lot All I need to do if plug in some numbers and find the best form of power consumption (best tv that uses the least amount of power) to last the longest. I knew physics would effect my life some how :p

rocksgo

Smash Rookie
No midnight releases in my town )'=
I'll be staring at my 3DS waiting for it to appear on e-shop though.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
I plan on getting the game at a midnight launch! I really hope the GS is having a midnight release...they better!

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I was hoping for one in my area at a gamestop or Best Buy, but unfortunately no one is doing it in Toledo. Guess I'll just go to Walmart. Would've been really cool to go to a midnight with a ton of smash fans.

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Only certain areas, iirc. If you want to know, check with your local Gamestop.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
eShop midnight release all the way. Always have the game, always save the cartridge slot from working, and/or have another game in there. Smash is gonna be played more than other games, no need for excess.

Physical copy later if I want it. It's not Zelda, which I need.

Brawl's midnight release wasn't a great story.

Top Bottom