• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Release Plans?

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I remember going to the store as soon as Brawl was released, expecting the store to be overrun with smash fanatics... I was the only one there.
Yeah I was worried about getting a copy and they had about 200 and I was the only one in line on a Sunday Morning....

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I won't do anything but look at Smash news during that time. I'll most likely pick up my copy during the daytime.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'll be downloading it since I already have the money for it on the eShop.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
So it comes out midnight October 3rd huh? Hmm... That won't do... I have school that day. Looks like I have to ruin my sleep schedule to be able to marathon smash and be awake for school. Of course, Smash is much more important.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
So it comes out midnight October 3rd huh? Hmm... That won't do... I have school that day. Looks like I have to ruin my sleep schedule to be able to marathon smash and be awake for school. Of course, Smash is much more important.
It's a friday it won't matter to me. As long as I get Smash.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Friday won't be a concern for as...

A. I've been out of school as a high school graduate since May (or rather December of last year as my school allowed for early "graduation" provided you had enough credits to technically pass which I thankfully did)

B. I preordered a retail copy of the 3DS version at the Best Buy me and my old man went to during the smash bros 4 event they had at participating best buys back in June

C. I've told my old man that I intend to pick up my preordered copy of Smash 4 on the 3DS that Friday when it drops in American/European stores and from there head to the mall that's by the Best Buy I preordered the game from and hang out for a while. (Who knows, perhaps I shall "troll" peeps at the two Gamestop's they have at my "local" mall by wandering around playing my copy of the 3DS version and basically see how many reactions I get. A social experiment if you will ;) )

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Friday won't be a concern for as...

A. I've been out of school as a high school graduate since May (or rather December of last year as my school allowed for early "graduation" provided you had enough credits to technically pass which I thankfully did)

B. I preordered a retail copy of the 3DS version at the Best Buy me and my old man went to during the smash bros 4 event they had at participating best buys back in June

C. I've told my old man that I intend to pick up my preordered copy of Smash 4 on the 3DS that Friday when it drops in American/European stores and from there head to the mall that's by the Best Buy I preordered the game from and hang out for a while. (Who knows, perhaps I shall "troll" peeps at the two Gamestop's they have at my "local" mall by wandering around playing my copy of the 3DS version and basically see how many reactions I get. A social experiment if you will ;) )
I'd totally love to that in my school since most of them probably want the physical version.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I have it preordered at Best Buy. Do they not do midnight releases?
If so, I hope I won't have a morning shift at work that day.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I'm really really reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyyy hoping for a midnight release! (Can you say, "MAXIMUM HYPE LEVELS?!" XD) But, I live in Alabama and there's not a crazy amount of gamers down where I'm living :/ I just preordered my physical copy at my local Gamestop yesterday. Maybe my friends preordered from said Gamestop... I hope they did

SuperSah

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSah
3DS FC
4425-2273-6142
Mine will be physical so I have to wait a few hours.

Oh well, played it a bit already. ;3

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Yep just got my email today and I will be blowing off school the next day, so yay for higher learning!!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll be getting the physical copy... Depending if the double Smash bundle comes state-side, I'll pre-order from my local Best Buy. I'm still debating buying a copy for myself or splitting the cost with my brother for one, as I plan on purchasing the Wii U version.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
An email from GameStop???
Oh no it was from Nintendo I don't think GameStop sends emails about it I usually get a call a couple days before release. In that case maybe I got my hopes up too early? I just assumed it meant everyone was doing it.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I have four different Gamestops that I can drive to to pick the game up at midnight, of course that's assuming that any of them have enough pre-orders to warrant a midnight release.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm gonna go to gamestop and do it as well. Trying to get a friend to do it with me. I have high doubts that there'll be a lot of people there so I don't have much to worry about

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I just pre-ordered on Amazon earlier today. I may try for a midnight release on the Wii U version.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
For 3DS definitely because I'll be getting it digitally Wii U not sure because I plan on getting physical and I don't think I'll be able to go out at midnight on a school night (being young can suck :C)

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
If there's a midnight launch at EB Games here in Australia, absolutely I'm going to attend. It'll be the first midnight launch I've been to and I can't think of a game more worth attending a midnight launch for. :grin:

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
I want a midnight release but with my local gamestop it's unlikely becuase it's a pretty small town. So i might download it and leave it plugged in as it downloads and go to sleep. so that by the time I get up to go to school it's done!

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I live in New York - but I'll do the digital release for the 3DS.

For the Wii U release - well, let's see where my life's at at that point.

_H_

Smash Rookie
I just went to my nearest GAME (UK) and asked if they'll have a midnight release. The guy told me they won't but MIGHT open an hour early on the release day. On top of that he told me they won't be getting many copies and that if I want the game I should pre-order it :c.

I might order it online and hope I get it a day early (school on 3rd) but it won't be the same...

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
UPDATE: I talked to Walmart and they confirmed that I can go at midnight :) They also told me to call the electronics department during the day so that they could set some aside for me, because "the night time people have no idea what's going on." I'm still going to reserve it at Gamestop just in case the whole Walmart thing doesn't work out.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still going digital. I have 203,039 memory blocks on my Nintendo 3DS and $92.09 my on eShop balance, waiting for Smash 3DS.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I don't have a car, so I'll probably just download the 3DS version so I can play it at midnight and always have a copy with me.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Just a question. What time is it used to release the game on the E-Shop? It is Eastern, Central or Pacific?

Hoping it's eastern so I can get the game on thursday at 9 pm :D.

Last edited:
Top Bottom