• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Release Plans?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Is anyone here planning on getting the game at midnight? I'm in the US and just called a few Gamestops and it looks like there are no plans to do a midnight release there. I could download, but I always prefer to have a physical copy :p

I think I may go the Walmart route, but I've have some pretty bad luck with them. I tried to get Mario Kart 8 after midnight and they had no idea what I was talking about and couldn't sell me the game.

Do you guys have plans/advice for getting the game at midnight?

Last edited by a moderator:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I still haven't decided between physical or digital, but if physical, I will definitely go to the midnight release.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Nah, just gonna preorder off of amazon or something. Midnight releases are the kind of things that would probably be more fun if you had a friend going with you.

theinstituter

Smash Cadet
NNID
theinstituter
3DS FC
0662-2468-9863
Nah, just gonna preorder off of amazon or something. Midnight releases are the kind of things that would probably be more fun if you had a friend going with you.
Yeah, I'm doing the same, I'd rather pre-order both games on Amazon. It would be great getting the game early, but midnight releases just isn''t my thing..

Kerreb17

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0619-4010-5392
I don't think I would. Probably only if my friends were going, just so I could talk.

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
Yup. Midnight release, sitting in my chair watching the trailers to hype myself while I wait for the 3DS version to come out on the eShop!

Hopefully I can get it before the eShop crashes, like I did last time with Pokemon; I got so lucky with that. :yoshi64:

Although if I wasn't going to get the digital version, I'd definitely try EB Games or something. I just don't know how many stores will have a midnight release for Smash Bros. They seem to only do it for the annual shooters nowadays.

TheMiddleVeen

Smash Cadet
I will if my Gamestop has a midnight release. They did a midnight release for brawl so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For Nintendo 3DS: Yes, since the Nintendo eShop does do midnight releases. :)
For Wii U: If my GameStop does do it.

DarthLuigi36

Smash Cadet
NNID
CmonBlueFalcon
3DS FC
3823-8676-0627
I'm getting digital for the 3DS, because I always want it to be available while I have another game plugged in.

For Wii U, I'll be there at midnight, and I'll be taking the day off work so I can play through the night. With Brawl, I played for 27 hours straight on day 1 (with a mini break to cook some food). I'm looking to break that record.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I hate the game stops in my Area but I plan on hitting up the midnight launch of both games. I assume a digital copy would take longer than Bravely Default to download lol. Unless a 3DS XL with Smash pre-installed comes out I'm grabbing a physical copy to play asap.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
If there's a midnight release and I'm not working that day or the next, 100% definitely.

Thor

Smash Champion
I think the real question is, "Which suckers have work, don't have stores doing midnight releases, or are too young to not be at a midnight release for Smash 4?"

It's Smashboards on the Smash 4 3DS section. Nearly everyone will say, "Duh!!!"

Admittedly, I'm of the category "Won't be in the state he pre-ordered it in at the time" and probably the "does not have driver's license to be at a midnight release" so no. But if those things weren't in the way, yes yes yes I would be there.

Sucks to be a sucker.

EDIT:
DarthLuigi36 said:
I played for 27 hours straight on day 1
Despite my best efforts, I still cannot seem to play Smash (any of the games) for 27 hours straight in one 24-hour day. But I'm impressed by your skills, DarthLuigi36.

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I remember going to the store as soon as Brawl was released, expecting the store to be overrun with smash fanatics... I was the only one there.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Depends on when it is. If it's the middle of the week nah I got work and ****. There's nothing I hate more than being tired from lack of sleep at work. plus if I had work the next day I wouldn't be able to play it anyway. If it's on a Friday oooo you bet your ass I'll be there! With bells on.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd consider it since I went to one for Brawl, but it depends on when it falls in the week and if I'll even be in the country for it since I'll be gone for 2 weeks in July.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Depends on when it's released. I would love to, but I don't think there will be any shortages or anything if I don't haha

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
If they are doing one, I sure as hell will.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If there is a midnight release, I'll definitely go, for both versions.

When they had a GTA V midnight release in my town, they actually gave people the game up to 2 hours BEFORE midnight, and let them go home as soon as they got the game. So I'm kinda hoping that might happen with Smash. I don't necessarily expect a midnight release for Smash where I live, but if there is one, I'm going, and I hope I get it before midnight.

The only midnight launch I've been to was the one my town had for the PS4. There was not a lot of people there, and it was pretty silly. They gave us the systems way before midnight (they started giving them out at 10), but they were done in like, a half an hour. So they basically just made us sit inside the shopping centre for an hour and a half. And they didn't even have a PS4 kiosk or anything for us to play. It was very boring. We should have ordered a pizza, because here was a really nice pizza place across the road.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
I'm planning to get it first day, but if they have it at my gsmestop, I can walk 15 minutes to get there so I'm probably gonna have a good chance at getting it.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
There's 2 Gamestops within 10 minutes of me so I hope one of them is doing a midnight release.

Bobojack

Smash Apprentice
Do 3ds eshop titles release at 0 o' clock (midnight) on the day its supposed to be released or later (hours, days, weeks…)?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do 3ds eshop titles release at 0 o' clock (midnight) on the day its supposed to be released or later (hours, days, weeks…)?
When I bought Kirby Triple Deluxe digitally, it was available for me right away at midnight on release day.

But I think that only implies to retail games. Download only titles you have to wait on the next eShop update (9am PT/12pm ET)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
There is a Gamestop in my vicinity that is located next to a newly built Walmart. It is practically empty during morning hours, so I will definetly go there to pick it up.

Bobojack

Smash Apprentice
Nice! Im going to download it on midnight and play it the next day. :kirby:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Of course. I went to the midnight launch of Brawl and by the time it was sunup I had already unlocked all the characters. Was quite the rush. I'm planning on doing the same with Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

Maybe. I haven't decided.
The GameStop that I often go to is in a mall, but there is a GameStop nearby that I can go to for a midnight release.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I won't for the 3DS (I might for the Digital), but if I can, I'm having a party with some friends when the Wii U version comes out.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would normally go to a midnight release for the Wii U version of the game; but at that point, I will have played the game for months. So I could probably just wait until the morning.

Top Bottom