• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle TN Presents: TOAST! - November 13th, Nashville, TN (premiere series!)

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Brawl: Set Procedure

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match. (Double-blind, report your character to the judge individually and/or both of you write your character on separate pieces of paper and reveal it before the match starts)
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks phase.
3. The first stage will be randomly selected from the starter list. Players may also agree to start on one of the starter list stages.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches IN THIS ORDER

Why don't we just strike instead of randomly selecting a stage...

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Making arrangements for a bigger venue in that mall as we speak. This gets hype enough..series status in the future for the next one possibly? Or is that too ambitious? lol.

EDIT: Alright you guys. The arrangements have been made and we will have access to a bigger venue courtesy of Game Galaxy. Venue fee is now $10. They'll provide 5 TVs for us. But we still need more. So now it's settled bring COMPLETE setups. Wiis, Gamecubes, TVs..the works!

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
I could do this, let me know if you need a wii, and possibly housing.
Yes Fatchu we need as many setups as we can get now that we have more space. Thanks!

I wana come to this now. Going to see if I can request off tomorrow, wish me luck.
Good luck!

If this passes 15 people coming, and it looks looks like it will. 3 is not near enough for a good time and fast time. I may be able to bring a tv also if you can confirm a bigger venue. Plan on moving the venue, cause we're gonna make it a big deal. Memphis and Birmingham are all coming whether they know it or not. The venue fee shouldn't be a huge deal if plenty of people come.

I'm gonna try and make a pretty sig link for this this weekend, so every post is +1 hype.
Awesome sigs FTW!

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
OK I didn't want to make sigs w/ "game galaxy smash tournament" cause that is lame. So I have decided on a name for you, I bring you...

TOAST

It can stand for many things, but I was thinking it would be
Tennessee Official All-comers Smash Tournament

other possibilities are:
Tennessee Official Annual Smash Tournament (if we wanted to make it annual)
Tennessee's Only Awesome Smash Tournament
Twas Octopi Attacking Susie's Teacher

I don't care that much, but TOAST is easy to remember and easy to hype, I'm gonna make a sig to match right now. If no one likes the name, wait till you see a sig to judge, but its like I can change the name myself. Definately needs a name though

PS Iori I really hope you can come

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
OK I didn't want to make sigs w/ "game galaxy smash tournament" cause that is lame. So I have decided on a name for you, I bring you...

TOAST

It can stand for many things, but I was thinking it would be
Tennessee Official All-comers Smash Tournament

other possibilities are:
Tennessee Official Annual Smash Tournament (if we wanted to make it annual)
Tennessee's Only Awesome Smash Tournament
Twas Octopi Attacking Susie's Teacher

I don't care that much, but TOAST is easy to remember and easy to hype, I'm gonna make a sig to match right now. If no one likes the name, wait till you see a sig to judge, but its like I can change the name myself. Definately needs a name though

PS Iori I really hope you can come
I want to make it seasonally convenient..so maybe every 3 or 4 months whatever I feel will work for most people. I like the name!!!!!!!! Especially that last acronym!!! LOL!!! Everyone agree??? lol!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I want to make it seasonally convenient..so maybe every 3 or 4 months whatever I feel will work for most people. I like the name!!!!!!!! Especially that last acronym!!! LOL!!! Everyone agree??? lol!
lol the last one seems like something HBox would post

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I really want to come to this. Put me down as a maybe since i live in Knoxville, about 2 hours away. It will take some convincing so again, i may or may not be able to come.

Also if i do come, i may be able to bring my own wii with some useful hacks etc on it

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
You live in Knoxville to you play melee, brawl, or both? why am I just now finding smashers in knoxville after moving to cookeville (but I still go to knoxville every other weekend)

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I play mostly brawl, and a bit of melee. I suck at melee compared to Brawl but am still kind of decent at melee.
Everyone here only plays xbox live and psn, like almost no brawlers except a few friends.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Lol thanks.
I really hope i can make it. I haven't been to an offline tourney since brawl first came out.
I am actually kind of lucky it is happening November 13, that leaves me a good amount of time to get everything situtated and persuade the parents.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Lol thanks.
I really hope i can make it. I haven't been to an offline tourney since brawl first came out.
I am actually kind of lucky it is happening November 13, that leaves me a good amount of time to get everything situtated and persuade the parents.
awesome! are you from Middle TN?

Anyone wanna team up with my Mario in Brawl?

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Well, technically i was born in MD, moved and lived in AR for a number of years, then moved again here to Knoxville, and have lived here since about 4th grade (am currently sophmore high school)
Lol Slash, you must REALLY want to offline face me =3

BunBun

Smash Master
But man, isn't it just so nice being white?

I can get a loan, references, people to help me out when my car breaks down, etc.

The trade off for lack of dancing seems pretty good.

Now, not having a horse-**** has it's drawbacks though.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
BunBun you've overlooked some other advantages of not being white

-running fast
-jumping high
-being more athletic in general
-singing
-pulling the racist card
-minority privileges
-rapping (both rhythm and rhyming)
-hide-and-go-seek
-no tanning required
-fried chicken

I seriously <3 black people

Ummm on topic I'm not going from Clarksville but everyone who has at least 2 limbs should come. Even if you only have 1 hand and 1 foot, I'm sure you can play somehow. I'd really like to see it. I'm really hyped for this... I wish more people from out of state would come though.

BunBun

Smash Master
BunBun you've overlooked some other advantages of not being white

-running fast I can afford to not be chased by the cops
-jumping high I don't have to jump fences
-being more athletic in general I get to watch people be athletic from the front row, eating bbq nachos instead
-singing Not even close lol. The singing spread is pretty even, or in honky favor
-pulling the racist card I'm jewish =D
-minority privileges I'm jewish =D
-rapping (both rhythm and rhyming) I'm jewish =D
-hide-and-go-seek I don't get hit by traffic at night, and I was able to see myself in the black and white yearbook
-no tanning required Yeah, but there's always Sickle Cell.
-fried chicken Okay, ya got me.
I dun replied

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
ill probably be there, if im not stuck doing something that day, since i hasnt seen u guys in a while cuz of school last year @_@

ILoveKe$sha

Smash Apprentice
Hey I've never been in a tournament so do you have to do Melee and Brawl to win? Because it says theres only 1 first second and third place.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
There's a bracket for Melee and a bracket for Brawl, with different placements for each.
Unless Iori comes, then Melee and Brawl will have the same person in 1st place.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Yes, you can choose to enter just Melee, just Brawl, or both, and the entry fees (which are used to pay the top 3 placers) are kept completely separate. So winner of Melee gets 60% of (number of people who entered Melee x $10), while winner of Brawl gets 60% of (number of people who entered Brawl x $10).

And Iori won't definitely win both, it's just really likely because he's really good.

Top Bottom