• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle TN Presents: TOAST! - November 13th, Nashville, TN (premiere series!)

j00t

Smash Champion
If IHSB gets to ride off into the sunset with KO then I.... uh....

anyways I'm beating Iori :p

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
So doubles start at 1? But are both games being played side-by-side? or is it Brawl/Melee first, than the other. I'm not entering the Brawl for I might as well throw 10 dollars into a garbage so I can mow a lawn. (it'd be more fun, no offense to brawl players, wait maybe a little bit of offense)

Are ya'll PSYCHED for this?!?!

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
So doubles start at 1? But are both games being played side-by-side? or is it Brawl/Melee first, than the other. I'm not entering the Brawl for I might as well throw 10 dollars into a garbage so I can mow a lawn. (it'd be more fun, no offense to brawl players, wait maybe a little bit of offense)

Are ya'll PSYCHED for this?!?!
You can't have doubles and singles going on at the same time...because some people might have cross-registered..meaning they are registered for doubles AND singles..and it'd get confusing..because I want both games to be going on at the same time..there are alot of ways to do it though..but that's just how I want it to run so it can be less confusing for me.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Lol now that you guys are making a big deal out of it I'm looking forward to it even more. I don't care how awkward or uncomfortable it is, as long as he's not gonna crush me or something... lol it sounds like it'll be an interesting experience

um Jeike I wasn't asking if doubles and singles would go on at the same time. I was asking if Brawl and melee would be played at the same time.

My real question is do MELEE doubles start at 1? followed by MELEE singles? I don't care if brawl is the same time or next year. I just don't want to wait for brawl to finish before we get to start the good stuff.

@Bunbun
We should mm so I can see if falcon kirby is really 55-45, maybe I'm wrong. Course matches are determined more by skill than by character, but if I beat you with no kirby experience than I don't he almost goes even with falcon.

BunBun

Smash Master
@Bunbun
We should mm so I can see if falcon kirby is really 55-45, maybe I'm wrong. Course matches are determined more by skill than by character, but if I beat you with no kirby experience than I don't he almost goes even with falcon.
Heh, that's the one fake matchup. Since falcon mains always go "oh man my character is sooooo terrible" we decided to make it look like he actually was xD

The real matchup is closer to 75-25. Kirby gets absolutely molested by Falcon. Chain-throw and easy combos all day.

But sure, I'm up for the MM.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Heh, that's the one fake matchup. Since falcon mains always go "oh man my character is sooooo terrible" we decided to make it look like he actually was xD

The real matchup is closer to 75-25. Kirby gets absolutely molested by Falcon. Chain-throw and easy combos all day.

But sure, I'm up for the MM.
Ya Kirby gets dthrow knee'd over 40% regardless of DI if you do it right. And thats just the start of the terrible things he can do. Why did you give a fake match-up to the match-up chart? -_-
and that puts him at tied for kirby's second worse match-up (luigi)
You really think Falcon is worse than Sheik or Marth?

I also happen to not think Falcon is soooo terrible. If you play gay and smart with good spacing with falcon and not just flashy (flashy combos are ok too though), he's actually really good. He only has 4 bad match-ups and none of them are worse than 35-65.

We'll have to mm if we get the chance though it'd be fun.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Ya Kirby gets dthrow knee'd over 40% regardless of DI if you do it right. And thats just the start of the terrible things he can do. Why did you give a fake match-up to the match-up chart? -_-
and that puts him at tied for kirby's second worse match-up (luigi)
You really think Falcon is worse than Sheik or Marth?

I also happen to not think Falcon is soooo terrible. If you play gay and smart with good spacing with falcon and not just flashy (flashy combos are ok too though), he's actually really good. He only has 4 bad match-ups and none of them are worse than 35-65.

We'll have to mm if we get the chance though it'd be fun.
Pichu wrecks kirby too pretty bad. And yes Falcon is far worse than shiek and marth. Sheik can easily put it on the top tiers. Just takes some great predictions and tech chase. Plus Zelda absolutely destroys jigglypuff. best move vs jiggs imo. Down B

ShadyMilkman

Smash Apprentice
Depends on what hat Pichu is wearing. Naked Pichu is like 50-50 with Kirby, where as Ribbon Pichu is at a 40-60 disadvantage, and Aviators Pichu wins that matchup like 85-15. It's science.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
In playing with some friends in Brawl..I have officially decided I will avoid playing Brawl competitively...I suck at Brawl..way better at Melee=P...and I feel cooler when I play Melee...but maybe Brawl doubles...maybe...

By the way, come to find some friends at my school are hardcore Smashers (mainly Brawl)..I just met them today...so I'm bringing them (a good 4 or 5 people) with me too. More hype!!!!

Top Bottom