• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of Ohio VI [Melee MWC Event] 4/18/09 ***$100 OOS bonus***

Zicore

Smash Champion
I won't check people (much) soap =P But I am not one of those *****es who isn't rough when it comes to 2v2 basketball.

Like I said, I apologize in advance.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Baw, where do you other Cbus guys play? You're all getting so much better than me, and I wanna compete/practice with you.

Pweeeeeeeease let me in your super-cool-good-smashers-only club? I made it out of frickin' pools at POE, so you know I'm AT LEAST sorta good... kinda...

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I won't check people (much) soap =P But I am not one of those *****es who isn't rough when it comes to 2v2 basketball.

Like I said, I apologize in advance.
Where I'm from we dun call fouls or anything. theres just a level of respect and honesty to maintain. If you gettin school'd dun hack him cuz of it, switch matchup and if you dun have anyone to hold him then GG son.

Hypeee. PA has confirmed to this, right?

Yea, we in there like swimwear

aquteen

Smash Ace
I think it has already been said but I'll say it again, The date for this was finalized before POE2 was even announced. That being said the date is not going to be pushed back any further. I know it sucks but I hope people will still make it to this even though it's only 2 weeks apart.

and expect a post with hotel information coming soon.

Big_R

Smash Champion
I hear that BigR kid is bad at Falco nowadays...

if you move the date back a weekend, I will bring gold coins.
Dude! that's why we need you to come back to falco and show me what's up. use those matrix powers baby

wgs, we DON'T pl
ay
qtf once a week tops and its not a big deal. we just call one of use and try to get whoever is available. or i just play alone to try to have tech skill. :(:(

i would just try to travel and go to tournies. thats where the leaps and bounds are made good sir

aquteen

Smash Ace
HOTEL INFROMATION

Worthington Inn

649 High St, Worthington, OH‎ - (614) 885-2600‎ - 0.6 mi

Red Roof Inn‎

7480 N. High Street, Columbus, OH - (614) 846-3001 - 2.0 mi N

Holiday Inn ‎

7007 N. High St., Worthington, OH‎ - (614) 436-0700‎ - 0.8 mi N

Super 8

1078 E. Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH - (614) 885-1601 - 2.7 mi E

Motel 6

7474 N High St, Columbus, OH - (614) 431-2525 - 2.0 mi N

or simply search "hotels near 237 Greenbriar Ct, Columbus, OH 43085" in google.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
qtf once a week tops and its not a big deal. we just call one of use and try to get whoever is available. or i just play alone to try to have tech skill. :(:(

i would just try to travel and go to tournies. thats where the leaps and bounds are made good sir
You never call me bigR :( ... :( :( :(

..:(

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Well crap kids, let's get something started. Columbus is a big place full of Smashers. There's gotta be some good place to meet up and play. The other regions I hear are getting their act together in preparation for Genesis, and I don't want MW (particularly Ohio) lookin' like poop on an international scale.

Srsly folks. Let's step up.

jmac7

Smash Rookie
hey me and some and some of my freinds are looking to enter this tournament, anyone know of any where around ashtabula (between cleveland/mentor and erie) where theres a place to get some competition?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
r u hosting?
Well, if no one else is really willing to, I could try. My schedule's not the friendliest with school/work and stuff, but if it's the only way to get the Ohio boys [and girls... maybe?] together...

The best situation is we start doing this enough, we're comfortable enough with each other's presence that we just chill/play randomly at each others' houses. Become a community rather than just a group in the same general area.

But that's the stuff of fairy tales.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
i feel if we really tried we could get a venue for monthly tournaments, maybe even semi-monthly if enough people committed. But we should re-open the Ohio Thread and start talk of it there.

Edit: I figure a good idea would be having a tourney every month in the last week, and that way we can try to schedule it to fit everyones needs. If that works out, we can consider trying semi-monthly. Also, just having a place that had a tourney every month regardless would doubtless attract newer players.

jmac7

Smash Rookie
jmac7(John)
Ashtabula(half hour from mentor and erie, in between them)
Available: crazy schedule, but weekends and mon and tues nights are probly best
may be able to have people over if any body in the area just wants to smash, and prepare for these tourneys
we already have like 4 of us that get together, were not amazing at the game, most of us are a little better than playing level 9s, i'd rate us 8,10,11,12 if their were those levels obviously...
but get at me if u want to get together

Linguini

Smash Master
so that mn tourney isnt lookin big enough,i still want to come to midwest for a tourney though.....

big tourney in may anyone?

Megachuk

Smash Ace
you guys have never played randomly at other peoples houses?

i used to do that all the time when there were people that played that lived near me
If you want drew, I have a smashfest at my house every week on tues from 4-10. Phil, Matt, josh, 2-tone, sean, and other random people come over. It's mostly teams since I only have one tv, but we'll do mini tourney's and stuff. Some people bring magic cards to play while others are smashing. If you ever wanna play just hit me up.

EDIT: Holy **** this tourney's gonna be huge

Top Bottom