• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
Seeing a villain-type character such as Mewtwo as a quicker lightweight would be great, but making him a heavyweight would be fine as well. The main point I think everyone can agree on is that he simply needs more survivability. More weight or just plain speed(his dash, spot dodge, etc.) would fix this.

Disable definitely needs some reworking. The 'eye contact' thing I can see still sticking around, however I would hope they increase it's currently pitiful range.

All the reworking confusion needs in my opinion would be to either make it quicker or stronger, and actually have the projectiles it reflects damage other players.

They'll also probably end up giving him a couple of new tilts/aerials, or maybe slightly rework one of his smashes (probably his down). They did this with a couple characters in the change from SSB64 to SSBM, so I think it's safe to assume it'll happen again.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is top antagonist for Pokemons.

He should be lightweight indeed, he is the second fastest pokemon so far. Only Speed Deoxys surpasses it, but who the hell even uses it? Mewtwo is a majorly used Uber in Uber Matches.

He should be..Pichu fast. After all, Pichu being faster than Mewtwo is plain BS.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Mewtwo is top antagonist for Pokemons.

He should be lightweight indeed, he is the second fastest pokemon so far. Only Speed Deoxys surpasses it, but who the hell even uses it? Mewtwo is a majorly used Uber in Uber Matches.

He should be..Pichu fast. After all, Pichu being faster than Mewtwo is plain BS.
There is so much wrong with that post. I don't even know where to begin..

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Actually, Electrode is the fastest pokemon. ;)
Still, Biggie Smalls has a point; Mewtwo is supposed to be fast, unless I just dreamt up that part of having to battle it and it using Swift against me. ;)

I'm going to repeat my point in which I hope that villains won't be limited to heavy-weights. I think we need a light-weight villain imo.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
I disagree, I think we need a villain character that isn't a heavyweight. Mewtwo can be buffed up without having to become one.
I totally agree with this, I think they should focus abit more on his power and speed. but still they should buff up his weight abit.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I want Mewtwo back, but then much better. He was worse in Melee. His range attack(Shadow Ball) sucks and the rest of his moves were also bad.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I would love to see mewtwo rebuffed.. it wast traumatic fight as mewtwo against foxes.... ._.

IMO i think that an little faster (or less laggy) teleport would be nice, i would love to play a "blinking" mewtwo....

oh, also.. i made sticker ^^

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Wrong actaully Floatzel with Swift Swim active makes him the fastest Pokemon at the base Speed of 230!!!!
That is not how Swift Swim works at all. It doubles the stat, not the base.

Max Speed Floatzel: 361. Multiply by two to get swift swim speed (722)

FYI, CScarf Deoxys (common in ubers) still outspeeds this (504 x 1.5 = 756)

But if you're counting abilities, it only takes a few cycles of Substitute/Protect to get Speed Boost Ninjask way above these numbers (Not that it matters as it doesn't achieve anything.

Know your pogeymanz before pulling people up on it please.

Anyway, Mewtwo needs a reworked set of B moves methinks. Give Confusion the boot, replace with some awesome-sauce **** move.

Anyway, Mewtwo needs a reworked set of B moves methinks. Give Confusion the boot, replace with some awesome-sauce **** move.
I think it would be fine if its range was increased. Doubled at least. It should also have reflective properties, not just deflective. It's Mewtwo's down special that I think needs a replacement. Recover or Barrier are my picks.

No, giving him an advantage because he's more intelligent in HIS game is pointless. Then ganon should be the strongest, as in able to kill with a single smash. They don't bring much from their games universe because that would throw everything off.
But THAT doesn't mean he can't be relatively smarter than the rest. Not super-smart, but, they could still make him more intelligent. Ganon (if he gets in) will probably be really strong, but not past the limit.

Conner

Smash Journeyman
I think they need to chang Mewtwo's moveset, here's one of my own creation :

B - Shadow Ball - Exactly the same

Side B - Confusion - Does some damage and temporarily mixes up your opponent's controls

Up B - Trick Room (or Teleport) - Trick Room: Mewtwo Switches places with an enemy
Teleport: same​

Down B - Hidden Power - Metwo surround himself with White energy balls on all sides

Final Smash - Psychic - mewtwo floats in the air and releases waves of psychic energy in different
directions for about 20 seconds.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I want Mewtwo back, but then much better. He was worse in Melee. His range attack(Shadow Ball) sucks and the rest of his moves were also bad.
I'm taking my words back, since I saw videos from Taj(Mewtwo pro).

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Mewtwo still sucks, it's just that Taj is way too good with Mewtwo.

If Mewtwo is back, he definitely needs buffs in almost every aspect.
Yeah, ok, he needs better moves but he doesn't really suck. He's playable, difficult, but it's possible.

Irow

Smash Ace
In comparison to the rest of the cast, Mewtwo seems... Lacking.

Even Taj would admit that Mewtwo sucks. He probably just likes him a lot.

Of course he's playable, just not as playable as a character like Fox.

Fawriel

Smash Master
No, he sucks. He sucks very, very hard. He sucks about as much as Kirby, which is not even a pun.

And that is why he must be god-tier in Brawl.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
How does a 269 Ib. pokemon have weight issues? I always wondered why Mewtwo was considered a light-medium character.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
link was garbage in SSB64 he got buffed
bowser sucked in SSBM looks like he got a buff
why not mewtwo?(only pokemon to be considered "evil")

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I just don't get how the most powerful Pokemon to ever exsist, who could, in the games and movies, just look at someone and make their face melt off, come out as one of the worst characters in a fighting game? It just doesn't make sense. And he looks so cool, too.
Theres no way that mewtwo is the strongest pokemon -ever- just in the first Generation

He was a cloned pokemon. more corupt than the waaay more powerfull(and more fun loving) mew. Mew can change into any pokemon. Mewtwo is evil and cant turn into everey pokemon. Mew wins. must i mention all of the other legendary pokemon?

Up B - Trick Room (or Teleport) - Trick Room: Mewtwo Switches places with an enemy
Teleport: same​
Switches Places with enemy? thats -way- overbuffed. "Lolololz u r off the edge and I am on" right when they're about to dodge?

way way too overbuffed in my opinon. well.. in my opinion Lucario > Mewtwo. but. W/E they'd basicly have the same moveset.

link was garbage in SSB64 he got buffed
bowser sucked in SSBM looks like he got a buff
why not mewtwo?(only pokemon to be considered "evil")
Well.. there are afew other pokemon that could be conciderd evil. Mewoth (the team rocket meowth not everey meowth).
but to be genericly evil.. Mewtwo is the only one. but Dedede and Metaknight arent completely evil. metaknight is Mysterious. Dedede is a giant penguin thats alwase like
"OMG U BEET ME NOW I HELP U". I lucario is more mysterious like metaknight.. really. Melee didnt have -too many- evil chars. Bowser can be left in the dark some times (Paper Mario). Ganondorf and mewtwo are the two only -really- evil peeps. and if/when Ridley is in it'll be 3. unless M2 is out.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Mew is the strongest and i believe mewtwo to be the second strongest. Arseus might be another form of mew since they dub it the creation pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom