• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Now, IMO there is no other pokemon more deserving to be in SSBB than mewtwo.

1: He is a dynamic (main, not static) character, that starred in 2 movies.
2:He was in melee, so he will be returning as a vetran fighter.
3: He has a decent fanbase.

Irow

Smash Ace
The only thing better than Mewtwo, is well Arceus... But only if he has a dark plate.

Mewtwo can **** just about any Pokemon', so no matter what you say...

It's just not right that a lowly Pikachu can **** Mewtwo.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Theres no way that mewtwo is the strongest pokemon -ever- just in the first Generation

He was a cloned pokemon. more corupt than the waaay more powerfull(and more fun loving) mew. Mew can change into any pokemon. Mewtwo is evil and cant turn into everey pokemon. Mew wins. must i mention all of the other legendary pokemon?
mewtwo is one of the best legendaries in the game. mew sucks. seriously, mewtwo's special attack and speed being what they are mean that it pwns most other pokemon.

changes into every pokemon? no, very wrong. its DNA possesses the genetic composition of every other pokemon (excluding legendaries) because mew was the first mortal pokemon. the only pokemon that can actually change into others is ditto..... DITTO FOR BRAWL! :urg:

Switches Places with enemy? thats -way- overbuffed. "Lolololz u r off the edge and I am on" right when they're about to dodge?

way way too overbuffed in my opinon. well.. in my opinion Lucario > Mewtwo. but. W/E they'd basicly have the same moveset.
lucario <<<<<< mewtwo

also, no they would not have the same moveset. do you know much about the actual pokemon games or are you simply referring to the anime?

Well.. there are afew other pokemon that could be conciderd evil. Mewoth (the team rocket meowth not everey meowth).
but to be genericly evil.. Mewtwo is the only one. but Dedede and Metaknight arent completely evil. metaknight is Mysterious. Dedede is a giant penguin thats alwase like
"OMG U BEET ME NOW I HELP U". I lucario is more mysterious like metaknight.. really. Melee didnt have -too many- evil chars. Bowser can be left in the dark some times (Paper Mario). Ganondorf and mewtwo are the two only -really- evil peeps. and if/when Ridley is in it'll be 3. unless M2 is out.
lucario is not more mysterious; mewtwo is the only really self aware pokemon. and hes not evil, hes just got issues. if you were a superpowered psychic clone bred for destruction you might be a little on edge too.

The only thing better than Mewtwo, is well Arceus... But only if he has a dark plate.

Mewtwo can **** just about any Pokemon', so no matter what you say...

It's just not right that a lowly Pikachu can **** Mewtwo.
dark plate arceus gets pwned (well maybe not pwned cos of his ridiculous stats, but it'll hurt) by aura sphere, which mewtwo learns at lvl 100. better to be bug type against mewtwo i think.

edit: forgot to say, i agree with the pikachu bit. psychic cats > electric rats.

MEWTWO4BRAWL!

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Actually, I'm pretty sure Mew can learn transform as well.

Versus M2, Bug Plate is the way to go for Arceus, becuase I'm pretty sure standard M2 dosn't run flamethrower.

But that has nothing to with Brawl.

Dubyah8r

Smash Journeyman
*******, GA (yes that really the name of the city,
um..... i dont know why everybody flames Mewtwo. he was a bad azz..... his arials were some of the best in the game and his throws were unstoppable... he was hard to wavedash with but he alreadt floated over the ground anyway... plus he had the best taunt in the game.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
um..... i dont know why everybody flames Mewtwo. he was a bad azz..... his arials were some of the best in the game and his throws were unstoppable... he was hard to wavedash with but he alreadt floated over the ground anyway... plus he had the best taunt in the game.
And he was deadly with the Home-Run bat. Let me share a little Mewtwo strategy:

Get the Home-Run Bat. Zap your opponent with Down B and Hit them hard! The thing about this is that it keeps foes from disrupting your swing. And if you don't have a Bat, do a forward smash.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Blah.

Anyway,

Let's talk about his new stats now. (Comments in parentheses)

Speed: *** (I think average will work here)
Power: **** (MOAR POWAR is always good)
Weight: **** (AKA what M2 needed in Melee)
Size: **** (Mewtwo's not as big as say, Bowser, but he is still 269 lb)
Jump: **1/2 (Considering his floatiness, I think a slightly less than average jump will work)
2nd Jump: ***** (Twice as good as the normal jump)
Floatiness: ***** (No explanation necessary)
Traction : ** (>_< My bad)
Projectile Spammability: * (Don't bother trying)
Recovery: ***** (Do I even need to explain this?)
Learning Curve: ***3/4 ( In Melee, you had to be too good in order to really use M2. With his buffs, I think he could a bit easier to learn)

Comments?

Edits made

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
Reasons for Mewtwo

Anyone who is likely to buy this game, will have most likely of played Red or blue poke'mon. this means that Mewtwo will be more familiar than any of the next generations ubers. Mewtwo in Melee was so close to being awesome, a few tweaks and you have a top tier brawler.

Idea's for tweaks:

side B: barrier, creates a glass barely visible, blocks anything but keep an eye on it sometimes is stays for a long time, others it disappears instantly.

down B: disable, takes out a random A move until the enemy loses a life

Final smash Psychic: Mewtwo grabs the smash ball then releases a huge wave of energy who ever is caught in the blast will for a 20 period become a level nine computer and hunt down the other players, while Mewtwo covers himself in a protective aura for the duration of the move.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Reasons Against Mewtwo

Hmm...

Is that possible?:confused:

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
which bit, the final smash and if so, i justify it like this, we have CUP controled fighters, i sure technically it wouldn't be to hard, and in Melee they had the telekinetic side of Mewtwo down, with the floating of the items, but he also controls minds

i think it would be a really original move as well because it would take some strategy to place yourself in such a way as to affect the right people otherwise you are just invincible but stationary of 20 secs a good defense maybe, but hardly useful at all.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I could see the Final Smash being more like "Confusion" (actual confusion instead of air tickle). Whoever it hits will have their attack and directional buttons randomly re-arranged.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Final smash Psychic: Mewtwo grabs the smash ball then releases a huge wave of energy who ever is caught in the blast will for a 20 period become a level nine computer and hunt down the other players, while Mewtwo covers himself in a protective aura for the duration of the move.
i think his final smash will be aura sphere, but it would be like that move he used
in the 1st pokemon movie ( that blue sphere he used to fight mew) and can fire it repeatedly

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
That wouldn't work in one-on-one. You fail.

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
i think his final smash will be aura sphere, but it would be like that move he used
in the 1st pokemon movie ( that blue sphere he used to fight mew) and can fire it repeatedly
.... that is not aura sphere.... i don't even think aura sphere was invented at that stage; it was a 4th generation move. in addition, having aura sphere as his final smash is so un-mewtwo; psychic type's best move = fighting type? incorrect. psychic is probably the best choice (or pyscho boost, which is the best psychic move in the game but is exclusive to deoxys who interestingly will not be using it becuase sakurai gave him hyper beam :crazy: ) um, and that version of psychic for his final smash is wierd. what happens if there is only 2 players? who does the other guy chase? basically it would be crazy sh*t.

psychic is probably the best choice (or pyscho boost, which is the best psychic move in the game but is exclusive to deoxys who interestingly will not be using it becuase sakurai gave him hyper beam :crazy: )
Yes, one version of Deoxys uses Hyper Beam. For all we know, any one of its four forms could come out of a Poké Ball and do different things.

But in any case, Psychic is the best option for Mewtwo's Final Smash. My version: He simply holds everyone near him in place with his mental powers for a few moments and then blasts them off. Kind of like a personal Articuno from Melee.

Shadowball Enthusiast, your Psychic sounds more like Hypnosis or Confuse Ray...

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
Yes, one version of Deoxys uses Hyper Beam. For all we know, any one of its four forms could come out of a Poké Ball and do different things.

But in any case, Psychic is the best option for Mewtwo's Final Smash. My version: He simply holds everyone near him in place with his mental powers for a few moments and then blasts them off. Kind of like a personal Articuno from Melee.

Shadowball Enthusiast, your Psychic sounds more like Hypnosis or Confuse Ray...
hmm, i doubt that sakurai would take up so many pokeball slots with deoxys' 4 forms... and attack form is the best choice for a pokeball IMO, but then again, you might be right. time will tell.

he'll be back I'm sure of it
thats the way buddy! optimism FTW!

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure Mewtwo will come back. He had so much squandered potential in Melee, and I'm certain he will get a proper make over like Bowser.

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo intro into Subspace

Pokemon trainer battles his way though many minions on a mission to save the captive Jigalpuff.

Cut scene: Charizard breaks down a door which opens onto a very bleak dusty version of pokemon stadium, were there are no crowds, The subspace minister is standing on the other end of the stadium his is hold a master ball. He throws it Mewtwo pops out of in his black combat suit.

Fight: You fight Mewtwo, who is on 200HP, if you knock him of he loses 50hp, and for every 50 hp he loses part of his suit is broken off, when you get him to 0 he has nothing left.

Cut scene: Mewtwo spins round to face the minister, the minister throws the ball at Mewtwo who catches it with his mind a crushes it, the minister looks scared and throws a bomb onto the ground with a very short timer. Mewtwo grabs the Pokemon trainer and teleports away

Pokemon trainer battles his way though many minions on a mission to save the captive Jigalpuff.

Cut scene: Charizard breaks down a door which opens onto a very bleak dusty version of pokemon stadium, were there are no crowds, The subspace minister is standing on the other end of the stadium his is hold a master ball. He throws it Mewtwo pops out of in his black combat suit.

Fight: You fight Mewtwo, who is on 200HP, if you knock him of he loses 50hp, and for every 50 hp he loses part of his suit is broken off, when you get him to 0 he has nothing left.

Cut scene: Mewtwo spins round to face the minister, the minister throws the ball at Mewtwo who catches it with his mind a crushes it, the minister looks scared and throws a bomb onto the ground with a very short timer. Mewtwo grabs the Pokemon trainer and teleports away
Creative, I like it. Too bad the black armor is strictly from the anime. :(

hmm, i doubt that sakurai would take up so many pokeball slots with deoxys' 4 forms... and attack form is the best choice for a pokeball IMO, but then again, you might be right. time will tell.
Well the way I see it, each form won't really take up space because the probability of getting a given one will be within the probability of getting Deoxys in the first place. Say Deoxys has a 5% chance of appearing from a Poké Ball. Each individual form would only have a 1.25% chance of appearing. That way no additional Poké Ball 'slots' are taken up. Switching forms is Deoxys's key feature, so I think Sakurai will work it in somehow.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
you know, they could take a final smashfrom the movie(s).
what if he had one similar to pit's?
were he brings in his custom pokeballs that ram players all around the stage.
I dont like the idea though.
I would rather he did some uber psychic attack or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom