• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamefreak55

Smash Cadet
Is Mewtwo comming back and if so I think they should give him better moves, make him strong er, survive more often and make him the best A.I. in the game because he is smarter then all the characters. Who agrees with me

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
No, giving him an advantage because he's more intelligent in HIS game is pointless. Then ganon should be the strongest, as in able to kill with a single smash. They don't bring much from their games universe because that would throw everything off.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo needs to be heavier. Daze should work when the character is facing away, but you should have to be in front of them to knock them back with Daze.

Confuse should have a low chance of reversing your opponents' controls, about as low as Peach picking one of those super turnips.

That might do it, he might need to be faster as well.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I just don't get how the most powerful Pokemon to ever exsist, who could, in the games and movies, just look at someone and make their face melt off, come out as one of the worst characters in a fighting game? It just doesn't make sense. And he looks so cool, too.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I just don't get how the most powerful Pokemon to ever exsist, who could, in the games and movies, just look at someone and make their face melt off, come out as one of the worst characters in a fighting game? It just doesn't make sense. And he looks so cool, too.
The same way the King of all Evil came out as a clone.....when he CLEARLY has a sword in his victory pose........

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
They shouldn't change his moves. Have you seen his up throw, I think it might be the most powerful in the game.
I would never change his throws, but his B moves could use buffing, and he should be easier to keep from being juggled. That is all.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The same way the King of all Evil came out as a clone.....when he CLEARLY has a sword in his victory pose........
Because he was originally going to be in with his sword, they took him out for some reason, then when making clones, saw they still had his model and noticing how his wireframe liiks like Falcons......

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
Because he was originally going to be in with his sword, they took him out for some reason, then when making clones, saw they still had his model and noticing how his wireframe liiks like Falcons......
Do we know this for a fact?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Cool, where'd you hear that, because I thought he was a clone from the beginning? Nice to know though.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
The sword serves no purpose, even with AR.

He holds the sword in his item hand and never puts it down, so you get some
kickass combo items.

It really does make his weapon f-smash look lame.

The super-scope looks like Gunblade with this cheat, but the ray gun just looks lame.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
I think that Mewtwo was rushed, I mean no wonder he is that last one on the teir list..God. Well I hope you hear me on this how to fix Mewtwo. Give him a bit more weight, a tad more speed. Possibly give him that armor? Also change his Foward B and his Down B. Also keeps the moves the way they are, his power is fine too..That is all I ask.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mewtwo definately needs more weight and speed. Good call on that. And Darkknight brings up a good point about the forward B and down B. They are novelty moves and need to be replaced. Mewtwo's strategy should revolve around his specials. He already has the strong shadowball and his evasive teleport.

I think his down B move should be replaced by Barriar. He would make a purple sphere of energy around his body. It does not reflect people or objects but rather absorbs hits. This shield of mental energy could take 30 percent damage before shattering and not being able to be used again. If an attack is used on Mewtwo while he uses the shield, Mewtwo does not take any knockback, stun, or damage. The shield comes out instantly.

His forward B can still be Confusion. But instead of spinning an enemy around it would teleport them to a random area on the stage or in the air. Of course the move couldn't be too fast and would have to be used right near the oppenent. But this way it helps Mewtwo's evasive strategy.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Barrier sound good but I wanted physic to be his foward B.

His foward B would send of a small ray like in the Pokemon First Movie thing execpt at lot smaller and more speed. His confusion was a joke it never worked. He needs a new foward and down b, he needs to playable and not just a joke.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Confusion would work if the character disappeared like Mewtwo's teleport and then reappeared randomly in any place in the air or any place on the ground, spinning in a circle. That way Mewtwo could use the move to send a brawler away or even hope to set the oppenent up for a shadowball.

But another projectile would benefit him as well.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I don't think Mewtwo was really intended to be played as a long ranged character. The goal of his fighting style seems to be to use his long range attack and other tactics to draw the opponent in, and then fool them into putting themself in a bad position when he can use a punishing move like his throws or a good smash attack. However, he was built to slow and light for this to work because one errant mistake and he is easily sent flying off the stage. So, as stated, he needs more speed and weight.

Now, onto attacks. Personally, I would like to keep Disable OR Confusion, but not both. Catching an opponent with either of these attacks will allow you to let loose a punishing attack, one thing Mewtwo is not lacking. However, having both of them is somewhat redundant, as they serve semi-similiar purposes. I would rather have some kind of energy wave attack or an ability that gives him a little more range so that he can bring his opponents in a little more battered.

Majora Vaati

Smash Rookie
I think speed and weight should be increased...as well as power...but everything else should be the same...and if they leave Confusion, they should add something to it....but I think they should leave Disable...other than that...stat increases are all I see that are needed...

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Maybe add an Elemental Beam into his movelist? That move was quite good....

I do think, Meatwo needs to be tweaked around for him to be upto par with some of the other smashers.

JoinHIMinDeath

Smash Rookie
I hope Mewtwo doesn't. It's not that i dislike or detest Mewtwo, i just think he's garbage in Super Smash Bros. Melee. If i was given a choice, i would pull Mewtwo from the list of combatants and find a deserving fighter. Again, Just a thought.

Micahc

Smash Ace
I hope Mewtwo doesn't. It's not that i dislike or detest Mewtwo, i just think he's garbage in Super Smash Bros. Melee. If i was given a choice, i would pull Mewtwo from the list of combatants and find a deserving fighter. Again, Just a thought.
Link was garbage in the original Smash Bros. but they kept him in. Mewtwo needs more weight, less floaty, buffed speed, less laggy attacks, and MAYBE a better/tweaked forward B. Why everyone detests disable is beyond me. They need to make confusion... y'know... usefull.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Is Mewtwo comming back and if so I think they should give him better moves, make him strong er, survive more often and make him the best A.I. in the game because he is smarter then all the characters. Who agrees with me
Yes, Mewtwo needs a total makeover. He needs an aura like in the movies, and he needs his armor that he cast aside on Mewtwo Strikes Back. Also, I want him to be heavier and not supseptable to being knocked in to oblivion cause he happens to be just as light as Jigglypuff. I'm sorry but his performance was pityful on Melee. I expected better.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
They Need to throw out Jigglypuff and Pichu and replace them with Mr.Mime and Elekid. Everything would be right in my universe then...

Back on topic, I think Mewtwo will come back cooler than before but as far as the bad *** factor goes, Deoxys would be better
Nah, they wouldn't throw out Jigglypuff, even though Mr. Mime AND Elekid are two of my favorite Pokemon.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
My favorite pre-evolutionary Pokemon is Tyrouge, the preevolved form of Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Hitmontop. That would be tight if he replaced Pichu or Jigglypuff.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, let's throw out the two most iconic Pokemon to be replaced by two nameless ones that hardly anyone knows about or would like!

EDIT: Wow, this forum doesn't allow you to type in caps?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey guys, let's throw out the two most iconic Pokemon to be replaced by two nameless ones that hardly anyone knows about or would like!

EDIT: Wow, this forum doesn't allow you to type in caps?
I can smell your sarcasm bro. 1st off, I don't consider Jigglypuff and Pichu to be iconic to the game of Pokemon, there iconic to the game of Smash. 2nd off, it's about time that Pokemon has some good representatives for the 3rd installment of Smash other than just Pikachu and Mewtwo: 2 additional pokemon that will actually put Brawl on the map and make the game memorable. coughcoughblazikenandlucariocoughcough.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I can smell your sarcasm bro. 1st off, I don't consider Jigglypuff and Pichu to be iconic to the game of Pokemon, there iconic to the game of Smash. 2nd off, it's about time that Pokemon has some good representatives for the 3rd installment of Smash other than just Pikachu and Mewtwo: 2 additional pokemon that will actually put Brawl on the map and make the game memorable. coughcoughblazikenandlucariocoughcough.
What about Deoxys and Munchlax?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think he is a clone...jsut a random mix! I think he is great and his jump dodge (warp) is awsome! He needs more teleporting and psychic based powers! He needs more teleporting based movement, less cheap grabbing (it good), a counter of some sort, and more powerful moves and long range attacks, as well as a few new b attacks!

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
His weight and speed clearly need to be improved.Also I think they should keep confusion and let it actually reflect projectiles and maybe make it impossible to attack while confusion is being used on someone.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
uh, that would make him a GOD....noob (no offense)
the strongest A.I. in the game is none other than....Ganondorf! *claps for no reason*
he isn't "smarter", only in your little world he is.
who agrees? not me
Mewtwo was one of the worst playable characters on melee, besides Y.link, jigglypuff, pichu, marth, luigi, sheik/zelda, ice climbers, and peach. so no to mewtwo.

end of discussion.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
The best thing with AR is to give Ganondorf his sword, then give Marth's moves using MoveSwap. Do that and you have a High Tier Ganondorf! (Lol not really, he's still slow as hell, but it looks SO freakin' awesome)

But yeah. Mewtwo is way too cool to be as bad as he is in Melee. They should increase his mobility some how + buff/replace some of his attacks and make him a monster.

Mewtwo for top tier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom