• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I believe Mewtwo is one of the few Hidden Legendary Pokemon to not have a signature move, due to him being in Red/Blue, where no Pokemon had a signature except a few, but makes up for it by being proportionally stronger than every pokemon except Arceus (garnered from information from offical Pokemon information. Don't you just love search engines?), who is the only Pokemon with higher base stats.

Maybe a giant version of Psychic could thus be a good final smash. He creates an aura around himself, and whoever is trappen within it is flung around to and fro until the end, where thown far off in a random direction.

Future Sight would definitely be interesting, but I can't see much use in having an ultimate attack happen later rather than sooner, unless you were fighting in a certain situation.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
The anime gave Mewtwo the signature move of Shadowball which Melee kept.
Which doesn't make sense to me because back then Shadow Ball was a physical attack. XP Go figure.

---------End Response.

Psychic is clearly Mewtwo's TRUE sig. move.

Considering in PKMN Stadium it was focused on him. Or Bolt-Beaming. (That'd be a funny FS, Bolt-Beam death)

How's this for an improved Mewtwo:

Standard Special <Shadow Ball>: Mewtwo charges a ball of dark energy in his hands. The energy even damages foes that touch it while it is charging. It can be held once fully charged, causing Mewtwo’s hands to glow purple while a Shadow Ball is at the ready. This move should be virtually unchanged from its Melee counterpart.

Side Special <Confusion>: The range for this move should be nearly doubled since Melee. Mewtwo sends out a wave of psychic force that can send things flying in the opposite direction. Projectiles are deflected and actually do damage to their owners this time. Foes that are caught at a very close range will also be sent flying horizontally, but when hit from farther away the move acts like it did in Melee.

Up Special <Teleport>: Like Shadow Ball, this move can be the same as it was in Melee. Mewtwo vanishes and then instantly reappears a short distance away. The default direction is upwards, but this can be altered so that Mewtwo can Teleport in any direction.

Down Special <Recover>: Mewtwo glows and recovers energy, causing his damage percentage to drop slightly. The amount he recovers is affected by many factors. Mewtwo will recover less and less energy each time if the move is used often. It will increase if Mewtwo’s damage percentage is high. Usually, if Recover is used in moderation, it will restore around 10% damage the first time, 6% if used immediately after, followed by 2% and 1%. But, for example if Mewtwo has more than 150% damage and the move hasn’t been used in several minutes, 50% damage recovery is possible.

Final Smash <Psychic>: Mewtwo traps foes nearby (within a fairly large radius; comparable to the radius of Raikou’s attack in Melee) with his mental powers. They remain trapped on the spot for a few moments. Then Mewtwo unleashes his psychic strength and sends the foes flying upwards. Any foe with 30% damage or more is likely to be sent off the top of the screen. Severe damage is also done at the point that Mewtwo releases the Psychic attack, so even foes that survive will still be susceptible to an imminent KO.

His other attacks don't need much change, but he certainly needs to be heavier and faster, but with the same amazing jumping ability.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
How's this for an improved Mewtwo:

Standard Special <Shadow Ball>: Mewtwo charges a ball of dark energy in his hands. The energy even damages foes that touch it while it is charging. It can be held once fully charged, causing Mewtwo’s hands to glow purple while a Shadow Ball is at the ready. This move should be virtually unchanged from its Melee counterpart.

Side Special <Confusion>: The range for this move should be nearly doubled since Melee. Mewtwo sends out a wave of psychic force that can send things flying in the opposite direction. Projectiles are deflected and actually do damage to their owners this time. Foes that are caught at a very close range will also be sent flying horizontally, but when hit from farther away the move acts like it did in Melee.

Up Special <Teleport>: Like Shadow Ball, this move can be the same as it was in Melee. Mewtwo vanishes and then instantly reappears a short distance away. The default direction is upwards, but this can be altered so that Mewtwo can Teleport in any direction.

Down Special <Recover>: Mewtwo glows and recovers energy, causing his damage percentage to drop slightly. The amount he recovers is affected by many factors. Mewtwo will recover less and less energy each time if the move is used often. It will increase if Mewtwo’s damage percentage is high. Usually, if Recover is used in moderation, it will restore around 10% damage the first time, 6% if used immediately after, followed by 2% and 1%. But, for example if Mewtwo has more than 150% damage and the move hasn’t been used in several minutes, 50% damage recovery is possible.

Final Smash <Psychic>: Mewtwo traps foes nearby (within a fairly large radius; comparable to the radius of Raikou’s attack in Melee) with his mental powers. They remain trapped on the spot for a few moments. Then Mewtwo unleashes his psychic strength and sends the foes flying upwards. Any foe with 30% damage or more is likely to be sent off the top of the screen. Severe damage is also done at the point that Mewtwo releases the Psychic attack, so even foes that survive will still be susceptible to an imminent KO.

His other attacks don't need much change, but he certainly needs to be heavier and faster, but with the same amazing jumping ability.
I like the move set. I also think they should make a few more tweaks:

1. his smash up and normal A attacks should "catch" the opponent instead of bounce them.
2.his attacks need more knock back, they sent people virtualy nowhere.
3.definatly heavier, but same speed, high jump+high speed+heavy weight=god teir, and we dont want that.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
being a mewtwo user the only thing that really grinds my gears is confusion. it is basicly usless the moveset from Chaos is great apart from the confusion although the changes he suggested are valid it would not be enough to make me want to use it. so scrap that to disable. the only thing they 'need' is to have to work from behind allowing for a quick grab etc and i think that recover is a bit to overpowered

Luigi player

Smash Master
I really hope Mewtwo will to return and that he'll get some buffs. His attacks were too weak... Mewtwo's the strongest Pokemon so it should be at least a little stronger ... (I know Arceus is overall better... but Mewtwo is faster and has more special attack :p and Mewtwo was the best Pokemon a long time...)

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Mewtwo should return(IMO) just beef up his attacks, especially his Special Moves. Also make him heavier.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think Mewtwo should be able to glide. Why not? He can already float with his mind. . . .might as well give him expanded use of that mind power.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I think Mewtwo should be able to glide. Why not? He can already float with his mind. . . .might as well give him expanded use of that mind power.
Awesome Idea.

I think Confusion and Disable should be replaced with Pyscho cut and Reflect, respectively.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
hey, as an added buff, what if...

For his ^b if the enemy is close enough they get teleported too, and when they rematerialize the enemy gets thrown in the direction they teleported in?
I see some suicide edgegaurding possibilities.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
As my main character, he has to return. I'll wage a bloody war with Mr. Sakurai if Mewtwo should not return. I childplay.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I don't see why Mewtwo won't come back.
'Sides, the fact that Pokemon Trainer has the first generation starters may indicate that yes, he probably will.

Hong

The Strongest
I say Mewtwo needs to become a heavyweight. On the casual scene, he "dies too easily" (because they know nothing about DI). On the competitive scene, well this is a whole new game so we're losing the wavedash. Mewtwo is a powerful character, but not incredibly fast. Faster than Bowser, has good range, decent tilts so his offense is okay. It just makes no sense that some as huge as Mewtwo is a light weight. The whole "He's always floating" thing is a poor excuse. He should be about Falcon's weight at least. I can also see either Disable or Confusion being changed/replaced, most likely the latter. They're both moves that when used on offense, are used to stall or hinder your opponent. Of course they both have their own applications, but I rather have them give him more variety. Confusion offensively was mostly used to pull people through the stage anyhoo.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
More importantly, why don't people read posts more carefully?
You take me very lightly Fawriel, I know the arguments against. My post only shows a form of nieveness in which I state there is no weakness from my knowledge and thus I am saying that the disadvantages against him are stupid. But most importantly I'm just gettin engaged in pro Mewtwo support. So to make it simple, I'm being very optimistic

Isn't Mewtwo more like an "urban legendary" or something?
But doesn't that still make him a legendary?

Fawriel

Smash Master
You take me very lightly Fawriel, I know the arguments against. My post only shows a form of nieveness in which I state there is no weakness from my knowledge and thus I am saying that the disadvantages against him are stupid. But most importantly I'm just gettin engaged in pro Mewtwo support. So to make it simple, I'm being very optimistic

But doesn't that still make him a legendary?
And you, sir, might be taking me too seriously right about now. I was just implying that you didn't read Reyairia's post carefully, because... she supports Mewtwo. =P

And, sure he's a legendary, I was just poking fun at the term because Mewtwo is a little too young to be much of a legend. XD

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
And you, sir, might be taking me too seriously right about now. I was just implying that you didn't read Reyairia's post carefully, because... she supports Mewtwo. =P

And, sure he's a legendary, I was just poking fun at the term because Mewtwo is a little too young to be much of a legend. XD
oh my bad sir. I guess the tire of the night is getting to me *lols*

sorry about that.

Well Iz off to that be good sleep.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Fawriel, Read this top paragraph. It explains the 3 Japanese distinctions between Legendary Pokemon, and why Mewtwo is considered one.

Well, it doesn't specify him precisely, it just helps explain why Mewtwo is considered a Legendary. :p

Anyhoo,

Mewtwo for Brawl!

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
No, giving him an advantage because he's more intelligent in HIS game is pointless. Then ganon should be the strongest, as in able to kill with a single smash. They don't bring much from their games universe becauese that would throw everything off.

Shouldn't Link be stronger than Ganon by that logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom