• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ok, even if someone does find uses for them, they're never better than Shadow Ball and Teleport. And they don't even compare to Mewtwo's up or back throws. Sorry, but to say that those are the best of all 24 of his moves is just foolish.
**** yeah!
I think they should make his foward throw get more hits/do more damage.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
If Mewtwo is in Brawl and is buffed I'm going to try to gank my old title back from Taj. Mewtwo is too good.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Well...he might. But it may be just a bit doubtful. At least, now that the rising "Lucario may have replaced Mewtwo" throughts have surfaced.

If Mewtwo is in Brawl and is buffed I'm going to try to gank my old title back from Taj. Mewtwo is too good.
Well chances are he's not going to just sit around after Brawl comes out. You'll have to work at it.

Well...he might. But it may be just a bit doubtful. At least, now that the rising "Lucario may have replaced Mewtwo" throughts have surfaced.
That's a dumb idea. They're nothing alike. Why isn't Jigglypuff under threat of replacement?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Well chances are he's not going to just sit around after Brawl comes out. You'll have to work at it.
That makes me sad that I've been forgotten so fast. You guys do know that I was the best Mewtwo prior to Taj right? Problem was I was in MS and he is in AZ, competition is much better over there, plus my crew kinda died around that time. I'm holding out for online play to be able to train up on the same level of competition.

Mewtwo has pretty much a 100% chance of retuning since he was a unique character and doesn't have another similar character ready to replace him. That and his popularity.

That makes me sad that I've been forgotten so fast. You guys do know that I was the best Mewtwo prior to Taj right?
No. But that's just because I don't keep track of famous Smash players. Because it's really not something I'm interested in.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
No. But that's just because I don't keep track of famous Smash players. Because it's really not something I'm interested in.
Blar, you new whippersnappers!!!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!! :-P

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mewtwo has pretty much a 100% chance of retuning since he was a unique character and doesn't have another similar character ready to replace him. That and his popularity.
Hellz Yeah!

It doesn't matter at all, I'm gonna be the new best Mewtwo player!! :pimp:
Blar, you new whippersnappers!!!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!! :-P
*leaves a bag of **** on fire on the doorstep*

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Omg.......this is horrible......just seeing this makes me want to quit playing mewtwo.:urg:
I still don't understand why you hate them. They set up some great combos, stop charging moves, disable projectiles, allow advancement for otherwise slow smash moves.....
As long as you don't spam them, they're great.

But apparently I'm alone in this.

bigman40

Smash Master
I still don't understand why you hate them. They set up some great combos, stop charging moves, disable projectiles, allow advancement for otherwise slow smash moves.....
As long as you don't spam them, they're great.

But apparently I'm alone in this.
Naw, i'm just messing around.
All in all, those two moves are okay, but when I use them, I have too many people counter atking before I can do much.

Youkai Master

Smash Apprentice
MookieRah I remember you :)

I can honestly say the first time I was amazed by Mewtwo was watching one of your videos, you and UmbreonMow also...

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
first december update ftl.... because it wasn't mewtwo....

man, i surely am setting myself up for a lot of disappointment.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Message from Sakurai, "As you all know, Mewtwo was godly overpowered in Melee, so we decreased his speed and made him weigh less"

Irow

Smash Ace
Is it possible something worse than Mewtwo?

He brings new levels of fail into Melee.

If hes worse, then he might as well just get blasted off the stage for attempting to fight.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is it possible something worse than Mewtwo?

He brings new levels of fail into Melee.

If hes worse, then he might as well just get blasted off the stage for attempting to fight.
He's going to end up kicking *** in Brawl

Irow

Smash Ace
Well he better.

When you look at Mewtwo in Melee, you ask yourself "What happened?"

But Mewtwo in Brawl better be the devastation incarnate.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Simple:
In the transition to Melee, Sakurai applied the Nerf Hammer treatment to all characters who were overpowered, with the exception of Fox and Captain Falcon, who got the gay love treatment.
Since Sakurai was obviously drunk the majority of the time he spent working on Melee, he failed to take into account that Mewtwo was broken in the Pokemon games and had never even appeared in Smash before.
So Mewtwo started at 0 and got nerfed to absolute zero. In Celsius.

Irow

Smash Ace
Man, -273.15 Celsius is tough. Hahah.

No, Mewtwo started at absolute zero in Kelvins. So it is scientifically impossible for Mewtwo to suck more. Or so I hope.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
@IROW: You beat me to the punch there! But being the son of one of the most powerful pokemon he has to be strong and is far from broken in pokemon games.

Irow

Smash Ace
Well, he was a little bit broken. I mean teach him Flamethrower, Psychic, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt... And you can take down a lot of pokemon in one hit with a type advantage. Almost every Uber poketeam has a Mewtwo, and for good reason. It's Special Attack is the devastation, plus high speed. EV those two, and Mewtwo is very broken.

Irow

Smash Ace
Hahah, of course. I mean, Mewtwo is weak to bug and dark... And they're not really a lot of good Dark or Bug Pokemon. So Mewtwo doesn't really have a good counter.

Irow

Smash Ace
I like him for normal matches. In Ubers, he'll get *****.

But in Normal Matches, as long as you can get off aura sphere, and make sure you have moves to take out psychic pokemon, he'll do great.

Lucario is on my second string team.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
LVL.50 (Mild nature) SHINY Lucario Stats, A 129,D90,SP.A147,SP.D95,S103,HP151. He reminds me so much of mewtwo, but why did they have to do that to him in smash bros? Is my lucario good or bad i dont do evs or ivs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom