• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the Mystery Dungeon thing is cool...maybe it would just be the small chunk of land where he is in the game surrounded by water with a dark stalagmite/tite filled background with maybe some Pokemon that are found there randomly popping up in the background.....

Mewtwo is the single most powerful pokemon in the anime series, and he's tied for the strongest with rayquayza (stat-wise, at least) in the games. Though I should point out that Mewtwo could probably look rayquayza to death in the anime...
I'm sorry, as superior as Mewtwo is, I just have to correct you on this. Mewtwo is tied as the second strongest Pokémon after Arceus in the video games, with not just Rayquaza but Lugia, Ho-oh, Giratina, Palkia and Dialga.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It could work, technically he can achieve flight.
Think about it, look at how he runs, just basically that in the air.
An yes, he should keep his floatyness..
That's basically the idea.

Cept without the flight-time limit (degrading height) and being required to move,, it would make sense for mewtwo's character considering mewtwo's powers, and it would be a neat mechanic.

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, as superior as Mewtwo is, I just have to correct you on this. Mewtwo is tied as the second strongest Pokémon after Arceus in the video games, with not just Rayquaza but Lugia, Ho-oh, Giratina, Palkia and Dialga.
Good god, Arceus is nearly unbeatable, but mewtwo's good too.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
Doh. Sorry, it's been a while since I've played Pokemon. Like, "haven't beat ruby" long.

I guess I should update my sources a bit more often ^_^;

Boofer

Smash Ace
IMO mewtwo is one of, if not the most badass pokemon ever. Please Sakurai, just make him feel that way in SSBB. Get rid of, or fix confusion so that the repelled projectile can damage the oponent. Mewtwo could also stand to be a little heavier and I think he should have one of the greatest grab ranges.

Pikazilla

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo does need better moves in adventure mode. However, I can beat the crap out of anyone in a 1x1 match with mewtwo.

and its not even a villain....
Sure he is. Even more so in the games because he doesn't turn all good and noble. Although his character is less human in the games.

Well, even in cannon, Mewtwo killed the people who created him and broke free. Mewtwo also despises humans for his creation in cannon too.
A cannon is something that shoots cannonballs. :) Canon sounds better.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I can agree to the fact that Mewtwo is the closest thing Pokemon has got for a villain (the Team w/e's dont count....) in the anime...but Mewtwo did kill and all that in the beginning...Ash kinda...made him..........good in a way....while retaining its badassery...

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is not good against an army, like the yoshi army in mushroom kingdom.
Oh ok I understand, and yes he does need more moves in adventure mode. :)
I think he means more (some at least) moves capable of taking out a crowd of opponents,
that was so annoying, the only way for a quick/easy KO was throwing, which was hard in crowds..

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I think his Up Smash should suck people in, drill them around and then send them skyward...

and he should get super armor when throwing his Shadow Ball and during the beginning of his smashes...maybe...

also I was thinking....what if Confusion is taken out completely.......

I was thinking that Disable could be the new Side B and that Mewtwo should get Barrier as his DownB... basically while Barrier is out he is surrounded by a bubble of light and he gets super armor while its out...it only lasts for 5-6 seconds and you cant spam it...theres a certain time you have to go through without using it (or you can just die and it resets)....so its not broken.....also the new Disable can also reflect projectiles kinda like Confusion did...and I think it should have a bit more range.....also he should get a grab range better than Marths.....IMHO....and when someone is grabbed, they have a blue aura around them and Mewtwo's eyes are glowing...

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you guys, but I thought Mewtwo's standard aerial attack was awesome for those Adventure Mode team battles, Multi-Man Melee, etc.
That was one of his best moves, and that, throwing and the shadowclaw(aerial a foward)
were pretty good for getting KO's. His smashes were good, but need less lag.

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
blue aura and glowing blue eyes is teh pwnzors. no doubt about it. it really would've made more sense to have the grab ranges of mewtwo and marth reversed.

i trust sakurai to be creative with his moveset.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
He needs an upgrade, yes... It would be so easy too as he already has a unique moveset.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i think his final smash should be gaining the armor, parlayzing each character, and launching homing psychic attacks at every character.

NukeA6

Smash Master
i think his final smash should be gaining the armor, parlayzing each character, and launching homing psychic attacks at every character.
The armor existed only in the anime. Besides, Mewtwo can do better than that.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
If they gave Mewtwo a little more weight and made him faster he'd be pretty sweet as is. I would like to see them alter disable and confusion and/or remove them for better specials.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Really I don't care if Mewtwo won't make it, but I do have some questions. First off, how popular is Mewtwo? Second, can someone give me a new moveset for Mewtwo?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Mewtwo is pretty dam popular...I think that everyone who has ever heard of Pokemon knows who Pikachu and Mewtwo are....I think.....and practically every person who has played a Pokemon game know Mewtwo....his popularity was at its peak during the 1st generation.....

and heres some B moves:

B: Shadow Ball - same as in Melee
UpB: Teleport - same as in Melee
SideB: Disable - same as in Melee but more range and I think it should come out faster and stun people even in the air if they are facing you
DownB: Barrier - I think he shouldnt get Confusion...unless they make it useful....but I think he should get Barrier...a barrier appears around him like in Pokemon the First Movie or w/e......and he gets super armor when he is hit by a physical attack, but projectiles still hit him around and stuff.....it lasts for about 5-6 seconds and can only be done 3 times per stock....

I dunno about a Final Smash.....maybe Psychic? where he pretty much psychically controls everyone and can throw them around and stuff....

Taunt 1: same as in Melee
Taunt 2: same as his Victory taunt were he spins and rises in the air
Taunt 3: he raises in the air with his eyes glowing and his hands surrounded in that dark flame thing

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think they should actually get a voice actor in this game, that was stupid that they gave Japan one and all Mewtwo got was a weird laugh...

...Mewtwo needs a cool, dark voice or something

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Really I don't care if Mewtwo won't make it, but I do have some questions. First off, how popular is Mewtwo? Second, can someone give me a new moveset for Mewtwo?
Specials---------
B- Aura Sphere:
Shadow Ball's speed was too slow, Aura Sphere can make a SWEET Hadoken animation, that the longer you charge it the bigger the fireball. The longer you charge it, the bigger the ball, so the more reach it has when people walk into it and get damaged, and can also be canceled like Shadow Ball to be used for later.

Side B- Reflect:
Remove Confusion, we need something better for a Pokemon of his stature. Reflect would act like Fox's reflector that reflects anything, and knocks characters back if they walk into it, and it only wall of light should only be facing one direction in case some whores insist on stalling the match, which is respectable, and it's used as long as the player holds the B button like Fox's Reflector.

Down B- Psychic:
Disable seems to generic, since it's very common amongst other Pokemon. Psychic would deal damage as you render the opponent motionless, and shouldn't be limited to the direction he's facing.

Up B- Teleport:
Having the invulnerable state was awesome, but having more control on what direction you go would be awesome by stalling it a little bit more. It would give the opponent more time to predict where you're going to go if you're recovering, but players can psych people out by choosing a different direction.

Final Smash-Focus Blast:
A very dangerous fireball-like move. He is invulnerable when used, and it starts out him radiating blue flames and he charges a fireball like Aura Sphere, and then he unleashes it right in front of his hands, growing bigger, a lot bigger actually, so it would be VERY effective on smaller stages. Characters that are closer to the core would be KO'd instantly and characters in the outer areas would suffer a good chunk of damage, characters barely outside of it would be pulled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom