• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Really I don't care if Mewtwo won't make it, but I do have some questions. First off, how popular is Mewtwo? Second, can someone give me a new moveset for Mewtwo?
Well here is a moveset/changes I(makes shifty eyes) posted earlier.

Hmm, based on those suggestions, here's how I'd envision his changes....

*Faster running speed, less lag when starting up if nothing else.

*Longer range on grabs, where does it say that mewtwo has to touch it to grab something?

*Gliding ability, see my post above this one i quoted.

*Stronger attacks, mewtwo is known for its TREMENDOUS attack.

*Faster attack speed, Mewtwo is also known for its blindingly fast speed.

*Improved or changed B>, B^ and BV, self explanatory:

My variations:
B> Tri-attack: Mewtwo crossses its arms, and shoots off a 3 colored beam, with the effect
of fire, electricity, or ice. Shorter range than Shadow ball, but much faster.
BV Barrier: Similar to Zelda's B, but repels players inside of its distance as well, with moderate damage. If players run into it, they will be knocked back with minor damage.
B^ Teleport: Same as previous one, but like Meta Knights Bv, attacks once it reappears. If it connects to something in the air, Mewtwo can perform it again.

*Larger size, Mewtwo is only like TWICE Pikachu's size in melee, WTF?? 6'7" vs 1'4"??

*More weight, 269lbs ain't that big, but certainly ain't small.

*More knockback in attacks, so he can send a Rhyhorn flying in the movie, but can't do it to Pichu and Jigglypuff in Melee?

*Different A,A,A attacks, were these ever useful in Melee??

*Keep everything else, floatyness was what made him KING of recovery.

Well, what do ya guys think? MEWTWO FOR BRAWL!! :chuckle:
Specials---------
B- Aura Sphere:
Shadow Ball's speed was too slow, Aura Sphere can make a SWEET Hadoken animation, that the longer you charge it the bigger the fireball. The longer you charge it, the bigger the ball, so the more reach it has when people walk into it and get damaged, and can also be canceled like Shadow Ball to be used for later.

Final Smash-Focus Blast:
A very dangerous fireball-like move. He is invulnerable when used, and it starts out him radiating blue flames and he charges a fireball like Aura Sphere, and then he unleashes it right in front of his hands, growing bigger, a lot bigger actually, so it would be VERY effective on smaller stages. Characters that are closer to the core would be KO'd instantly and characters in the outer areas would suffer a good chunk of damage, characters barely outside of it would be pulled in.
Hmmm..for a Final smash, I envisioned a mix of these 2...not really, just named Aura sphere..
Well, it would be like the Psychic ball attack from the 1st pokemon movie, with blue
aura surrounding it, and it can control it, running into every character, kinda like sonic's FS,
but with the option of shooting a beam of energy,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AUXmwhYNXw
like here on this video, at 4:01

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
how about this:

^B-same teleport
>B-same move, but this time it actualy makes it so the reflected attack still does damage, like mario. it also still has the same spinny attack but it doesnt give the opponent the chance to attack you before hitting the ground.
vB-barrier from the movie. he has no limit of times he can use it however, it only abosrbs the attacks, not reflectiong or knock back. if however you are hit by a physical attack, your barrier will "blow" the opponent away with metal force. this does 0 damage and sends them the same distance no matter how much damage they have.
B-same shadpw ball, but instead it moves a little faster and more sparatic.

EDIT: oh his final smash would be him useing phychic, this attack would pull the other characters near mewtwo and then slam them into each-other and the ground for damage, at the ending he tossesthe away. it is unavoidble like kirby's but CANNOT kill them unless they have 200+ damage.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
how about this:

^B-same teleport
>B-same move, but this time it actualy makes it so the reflected attack still does damage, like mario. it also still has the same spinny attack but it doesnt give the opponent the chance to attack you before hitting the ground.
vB-barrier from the movie. he has no limit of times he can use it however, it only abosrbs the attacks, not reflectiong or knock back. if however you are hit by a physical attack, your barrier will "blow" the opponent away with metal force. this does 0 damage and sends them the same distance no matter how much damage they have.
B-same shadpw ball, but instead it moves a little faster and more sparatic.

EDIT: oh his final smash would be him useing phychic, this attack would pull the other characters near mewtwo and then slam them into each-other and the ground for damage, at the ending he tossesthe away. it is unavoidble like kirby's but CANNOT kill them unless they have 200+ damage.
I don't see that happeining....200+ to kill?? That will make mewtwo....more awkward...

And for those moves, B> is OK, but the bv should do SOME damage..

Teleport and Shadow Ball should not change. At all. I think Confusion would be a decent attack if it had more range. Like three times the range. And if it reflected projectiles properly. Disable just blows...

I still like my Psychic idea... Being just like Articuno's attack, minus the ice blocks. Slighty more range too.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Confusion and disables properties should change in some way if Mewtwo is back in. As is they are far far too limiting.

They could easily fix confusion by simply by preventing the opponent from attacking before Mewtwo is done with the animation.

Disable could be fixed if they just altered it to hit people in a larger hit box vertically so it's not limited to eye level, and should also affect them if their back is facing them or in the air. The big fault of this move is the fact that you can't use is in many situations at all and is far to risky.

Final smashes could be a lot of various moves. Psybeam and Psychic come to mind. A lot of other possibilities as well.

Nothing else is really wrong with Mewtwo's moveset, he just needs to have a huge speed buff or a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge weight buff. As it stands he is large, relatively slow, and light as hell. If he was faster it'd be better, or if he was heavier and had a crouch cancel game, he'd be better.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Confusion and disables properties should change in some way if Mewtwo is back in. As is they are far far too limiting.

They could easily fix confusion by simply by preventing the opponent from attacking before Mewtwo is done with the animation.

Disable could be fixed if they just altered it to hit people in a larger hit box vertically so it's not limited to eye level, and should also affect them if their back is facing them or in the air. The big fault of this move is the fact that you can't use is in many situations at all and is far to risky.

Final smashes could be a lot of various moves. Psybeam and Psychic come to mind. A lot of other possibilities as well.

Nothing else is really wrong with Mewtwo's moveset, he just needs to have a huge speed buff or a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge weight buff. As it stands he is large, relatively slow, and light as hell. If he was faster it'd be better, or if he was heavier and had a crouch cancel game, he'd be better.
QFT!!
The moves were all right, just his speed and weight.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Shadowball should not change to Aurasphere because Lucario will have that move :).

Seriously though, why didn't they make the projectiles that mewtwo sent back damage people? Did they think he would be too good? If so, did they not think Fox was too good already?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Side-B should be Psychic, where his eyes glow blue for a brief second and everyone withing a certain range of him is knocked back. High knockback is what that move needs.

Down-B could be anything really. Barrier, Swift, Psycho Cut. Anything good and strong really.

Oh and they need to replace his A,A,A combo. Make his eyes glow blue, and the person infront of him is hit by some invisible jabs. That would look cooler too. :laugh:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
If Lucario doesn't make it in, I think it'd be cool for Aura Sphere to replace Shadow Ball. They could make it kinda unique my making it a flying disjointed hitbox and not a projectile (IE not reflectable). <_<

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
and besides...I think a Ghost type move would fit Mewtwo more than a Fighting type move....

Hell, mewtwo never learns Shadow ball, it was popularized by the movie.
Aura sphere, i still don't think would work..
In Melee, when the latest games were G/S/C, Mewtwo couldn't learn any of his special moves naturally. Confusion and Disable were his starting moves but a legal Mewtwo had long since forgotten those. So you'd need Pokémon Stadium 2. And Shadow Ball and Teleport could be taught by TM.

How about Mist Ball? That's a psychic ball move and Latias doesn't use it in SSBB.
Mewtwo can't learn that at all. At least it's possible to have a Mewtwo with all the other suggested moves.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
there seems to be alot of hate for disable. i found it very usefull. it was a very good opt to disable then shadow ball on faster characters. i think the range for for confusion needs to be increased. i am sick of getting a Bair when it use it

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Errr...or how about pretty much the same types of moves he had before only tweaking the effects and improving his character with things like being heavier or something?

I don't really think his moveset needs an overhaul or anything.

bigman40

Smash Master
Poor grammar aside, I'll focus on the thread at hand. No, I don't want Mewtwo in Brawl; she's too weak, and if they buff her up... well I just plain don't want her in. I love the Pokemon games but i never warmed to Mewtwo. If Mew was in she would be very cool, she could use Metronome as her Neutral B which could use any Neutral B in the game at random. That would be awesome.
You do realize that Mewtwo is a he? And you realize that what you said is dumb considering that changing the stats is all they need to do?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Poor grammar aside, I'll focus on the thread at hand. No, I don't want Mewtwo in Brawl; she's too weak, and if they buff her up... well I just plain don't want her in. I love the Pokemon games but i never warmed to Mewtwo. If Mew was in she would be very cool, she could use Metronome as her Neutral B which could use any Neutral B in the game at random. That would be awesome.
1st, why do you call everything She? Mewtwo is a he/it.
2nd, So he shouldn't be in because you don't like him?
3rd, Kirby uses everybody's B move,
4th, why am I replying to a post in June :p
You do realize that Mewtwo is a he? And you realize that what you said is dumb considering that changing the stats is all they need to do?
Fo shizzle :pimp:
But why are you replying to a 6month old post?

Confusion and disable are Mewtwo's best moves, especially in mluti person smashes.
Ok, even if someone does find uses for them, they're never better than Shadow Ball and Teleport. And they don't even compare to Mewtwo's up or back throws. Sorry, but to say that those are the best of all 24 of his moves is just foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom