• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wow, alright. ZSS still has her RCO lag, and it's... hard to miss.

Awesome for Lucario/MM, but GGs Nintendo. (Assuming it's not part of the design of the move or something, which would be... odd)
I really hope it's not intentional. ._.;;
RCO in general is a dumb oversight that needs to go.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm busy and will be occupied for the rest of tonight, but one last reminder:

There is no difference between any character's grab endlag between the following versions:
  • 1.0.5 3DS
  • 1.0.6 3DS
  • 1.0.6 WiiU
This is probably true for 1.0.4/1.0.2 as well.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
One of the changes for Link is odd to me. Link could always block Fox and Falco lasers with his hylian shield right? I'm doing it right now on my 1.05 3DS version.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
One of the changes for Link is odd to me. Link could always block Fox and Falco lasers with his hylian shield right? I'm doing it right now on my 1.05 3DS version.
The Hylian Shield for both Link and Toon Link couldn't block Fox and Falco's lasers in previous versions of the game. It was added in 1.0.5 of the 3DS version, and in this new patch for the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
The Hylian Shield for both Link and Toon Link couldn't block Fox and Falco's lasers in previous versions of the game. It was added in 1.0.5 of the 3DS version, and this new patch in the Wii U version.
That's what I figured. I searched and couldn't find any list of 1.05 3DS changes on this site. And the lists I did find did not mention this change.

Speaking of 1.05 changes being added to the Wii U in the latest update, where is all of that? Have we just not gotten around to confirming them?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I got 261% on 1.05 3DS under the same conditions. You didn't get the new number on Wii U's version of FD, did you? Both versions of smash have different dimensions on Final Destination, resulting in different KO percentages.

Nope. On patch day, we thought Uthrow actually had less ending lag, and that was placebo.
No both are 3ds and for 1.05 it should be 264% with the kill effect. The kill effect is what's really important here since it doesn't change and isn't DI dependent. Still putting that aside on 1.06 dtilt wont kill Mario at 264% and he will always live.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Ah, I see now. Didn't know that they DI even in Training mode. Thanks for clearing that up.

Not 100% sure about the knockback, but it still does 20% damage
Instead of double posting, please use the edit function.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Can't you still tether from across the map with side b? I know it's still ridiculous, but is it still Brawl good?
You bet it is it is actually better than Brawl because she doesn't have the vertical tether anymore the side special in this game has actually a lot of vertical range now.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
No both are 3ds and for 1.05 it should be 264% with the kill effect. The kill effect is what's really important here since it doesn't change and isn't DI dependent. Still putting that aside on 1.06 dtilt wont kill Mario at 264% and he will always live.
I understand, now. Without the option of setting AI to control on 3DS, you use the kill effect to confirm KO percents there. You are correct in that it appears at precisely 264%. And if your patched 3DS is giving you the effect at the later percent, then yes, that's a change.

What's unfortunate is that we won't be able to lock down the precise knockback change of base, growth, etc without the data dump. But it's a good find nonetheless.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4darkpit::4pit: no longer fall through sloped terrain when using their ledge attack as someone else grabs the ledge.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Is there a reason why we have to keep reminding people to not post placebo-effect feelings? A lot of us have been reminding others (+ to use the search function) but it keeps happening.
Because there's a ton of one-post/low-post wonders (and a few people who have been around long enough to know better) coming in here and posting whatever placebo nonsense they think they've found without bothering to read any part of the thread. Saying it over and over might stem the tide a little, but it's not going to stop it completely.

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
"Ganondorf
Jab Damage increases 4%/6%/8-9% -> 6%/8%/9-10% [sour/arm/sweetspot]"

The meaning of "sour" for me please guys. Thanks.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Someone earlier in the topic, I forget where, posted that Peach's Flying Peach Bomber flies at a higher angle. I'm not seeing any change; she still only just makes it from ground to platform on Battlefield (3DS), like she did prior to the patch.

"Ganondorf
Jab
Damage increases 4%/6%/8-9% -> 6%/8%/9-10% [sour/arm/sweetspot]"

I'm wondering this too. Where exactly is the sourspot in that attack? I would have thought it was the arm...

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Someone earlier in the topic, I forget where, posted that Peach's Flying Peach Bomber flies at a higher angle. I'm not seeing any change; she still only just makes it from ground to platform on Battlefield (3DS), like she did prior to the patch.

I'm wondering this too. Where exactly is the sourspot in that attack? I would have thought it was the arm...

Yeah, I know the normal army atack and the sweetspot (the hand of Ganon in this case). Sour is like a very very near jab? Like a body jab

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"Ganondorf
Jab
Damage increases 4%/6%/8-9% -> 6%/8%/9-10% [sour/arm/sweetspot]"

Tiny hitbox on his shoulder. It's kind of hard to intentionally hit with, I stood next to DK with my back to him and waited for his head/arm to animate into Ganon's shoulder to connect it.

That said, I'm looking at it right now and seeing 4%/7%/10% for sour/arm/sweet.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Hm, that might be my problem. I tested in Smash. Sorry for not trusting your results alone, I was just wondering if others had come across the same results.
I wonder what makes Smash Mode's percents so inaccurate...?
Training mode completely ignores the stale move mechanic, including the freshness bonus. A fresh move (defined as a move that's nowhere in the stale move queue) gets a 1.05x damage bonus. Meanwhile a move that's in the queue even once has a multiplier less than 1. So you basically have to test in training mode if you want accurate damage numbers.

Last edited:

Aidalator64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidalator64
Guys i think battlefield was changed in the latest update, it seems much less compact than the last patch, the main stage is longer and platforms more spread out. Correct me if im wrong

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Can we, like, separate 3DS and WiiU update changes somehow? Or at least tell people to stop using their correlation in testing? I'm noticing a trend of "I feels" being in regards to changes tested from [old] DS version vs [new] WiiU version, or vice versa. Plus things like Pacman's grab having strange draw on the 3DS version for seemingly no reason other than to be the bane of this topic's moderators.

I mean it's already semi-universal knowledge that the 3DS and WiiU versions already have differences, right? Guys? Right?

Last edited:

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man has a new tumble animation for when he runs off a Hydrant. It places him further away from the Hydrant than before.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I can't really tell about Zelda, tbh. I feel like I've been doing much better with her and her L-kicks seem to be trading off more often than they used to. Perhaps the move itself is faster and maybe her sweet spot has been increased. Though it is a very slight change, although, that's all her Fair/Bair really needed to begin with.

Or perhaps I'm just much more accurate/better at reading now. Magically.
I feel like it was just a visual change. No increased hitboxes have been confirmed, so we should just wait for the data dump.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Not that it actually matters competitively but WFT lost the ability to Deep Breathe Slide.

for those who don't know what a deep breathe slide is I'll tell you.

if you missed up a deep breathe in the air. (aka you didn't match the circles) the next time you did a deep breathe you would not cancel your momentum. so with that. you would purposefully mess up the first deep breathe than double jump and start the second deep breathe and if you landed on stage you would carry the momentum from your jump thus causing you to slide on the ground. while still deep breathing

they changed it so that if you do another deep breathe after the first one messes up you will cancel momentum again but you will also fall much faster in comparision to the first one.

so yeah. no more slide.

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed after a few matches that the trajectory of reflected Gordos has been changed in :4dedede:'s favor.

I've only played against him with Yoshi, but several Gordos that I reflected with Eggs and N-air went way over his head, when they used to go right back at him. I was only able to hit him with the Gordo when it was still right in front of him.

Have any :4dedede:s noticed this?

(I'm thinking I'm wrong, but it's something to look out for)

Last edited:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Is it confirmed that CPU set to stop will DI now? Would make me feel better about the Zard dthrow/Rising Cyclone "placebos" that I definitely tested side by side.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Can someone check on battlefield's stage proportions, i want to know if anyone else has noticed the differences
There are literally many videos posted in this thread of Chibo playing on both versions of BF side by side using one wavebird on two consoles.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Is it confirmed that CPU set to stop will DI now? Would make me feel better about the Zard dthrow/Rising Cyclone "placebos" that I definitely tested side by side.
CPUs definitely DI in training mode now when set to "Stop." Easy test if you want to be certain: play ROB versus a level 9 CPU Sheik and uthrow the CPU a few times. It should mix up between DIing out and in, which is really noticeable.

Not sure if they did this before though.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Can anyone confirm if Zelda's up smash got the same treatment her forward smash did in terms of trapping opponents better? I don't remember anyone talking about it. I know it's a tough thing to test so I understand if we don't know for sure as of right now.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I thought I read/heard the opposite.
Can we get some clarification or proof?
Go try it, it takes about a minute to test. I'm not in a position to record a video right now.

You just get knocked down once instead of becoming a ping pong ball or getting stuck on top until you die.

Last edited:

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
I thought I read/heard the opposite.
Can we get some clarification or proof?
Go try it, it takes about a minute to test. I'm not in a position to record a video right now.
It was @J_the_Man who claimed the glitch was still in. He said it took him a while to get the timing just right, but apparently he was eventually able to reproduce it.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
What is "anubis" mechanic? I don't think that's a thing.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Lucario_(SSBB)#Anubis_combo

*edited*
Though Idek if the Anubis strategy was buffed or not. It felt non-existent to me in Smash 4. Lucario fully charging an FSmash with even stocks dealt ~39% fresh in an actual match, while Lucario being 2 stocks down & fully charging FSmash dealt ~42% fresh in an actual match. The Max Launcher Speed remained the same & didn't change. *Shrug*

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Lucario_(SSBB)#Anubis_combo

*edited*
Though Idek if the Anubis strategy was buffed or not. It felt non-existent to me in Smash 4. Lucario fully charging an FSmash with even stocks dealt ~39% fresh in an actual match, while Lucario being 2 stocks down & fully charging FSmash dealt ~42% fresh in an actual match. The Max Launcher Speed remained the same & didn't change. *Shrug*
Aah so you mean the stock multiplier for aura. I didn't know it was changed from Brawl. It's not like his aura requires any buffs though, if anything it should be removed as it's a dumb mechanic that rewards losing.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
???
The stock aura multiplier has always been around in smash 4.
The aura gained from being a stock down is just incredibly negligible in comparison to brawl, so it's no longer as powerful as it use to be.

Although i've seen pretty decent teams that use it. Primarily Lucario with Villager as a stock tank.
Pocketed aurasphere is also pretty amazing.

Is there some buff i'm missing?

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Aah so you mean the stock multiplier for aura. I didn't know it was changed from Brawl. It's not like his aura requires any buffs though, if anything it should be removed as it's a dumb mechanic that rewards losing.
It punishes winning :B

It also means we hit even weaker at 0%, 2 AAAs at 0% equal 10% (at same stock), which is equal to one Ganondorf sweetspot Jab. Lucario isn't even a character until 60% or so. Why people give Lucario non-KO love taps when he's above 120% is beyond me. You wouldn't want to be reckless when charging down a prepatch Diddy, right?
Ah, Snaring Sphere. We probably should remember to test our customs... We have a tendency to forget blue doge has customs because of how awful they are outside of certain situations. Snaring has a crapton of endlag.

Other than RCO lag being removed I really don't think we've seen much change to our beloved pokemon Goku.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
While Lucario has **** damage below about 60% he can still combo them so well it isn't a big deal. Now that his recovery is crazy it's not even a risk to die before aura becomes a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom