• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Another change that I'm not sure if is on here or not is that when saving a replay the cursor defaults to "yes" instead of "no"

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Game runs 60fps, so 172 - 144 = 28 frames = half a second.
While for estimation you are right and it would probably not make any difference with the point you make...

For accuracies sake it's 0.466666666s (with the 6 repeating). We can state it's 0.467s.
Do the math I cannot! xD
It's actually quite simple. In this case we had 28 frames of difference and you yourself stated that the game is in 60 frames per second. Thus, the answer would simply be:

(28 frames / 60 frames) * second = (0.467s)

:227:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
@Thinkaman Friend, could you test the changes I mentioned previously?
By the way, Sonic's burning spin dash priority was greatly reduced. No longer clashes with projectiles or goes over trip seed (invincibility frames were also removed). But, subjectively, it is much faster now and has smoke with its visual effects.

Also, Doctor Mario's Fsmash has a new particle I feel. I also feel like the hitbox is larger subjectively too.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Pac Man could definitely not re-grab this quickly prior to the update. Notice how the grab retracts immediately after reaching maximum length instead of lingering like it used to. If you count the dark blue arches in the animation at maximum length you will notice that there are now only 6 dark blue lines instead of 8 like there used to be. This means that the animation time of the move going out takes 1/4 the time going out and back in. That combined with the move not lingering for several frames at the maximum length both make the animation significantly shorter from the first frame to the final frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYx-uT5h7xU

New animation takes 1.25 seconds to complete from when you first input the grab then holding shield to indicate when the animation is complete. This was measured at 1/4 speed which took 5 seconds to complete. 5/4 = 1.25 seconds. The old animation based off the GIF takes about 2 full seconds to complete.
About Marth's dancing blade (using Sheik at 40% and my test dummy) : I tested them side by side on different consoles so there was a lot of confimation bias stuff due to controls but the one thing I can't replicate on the new patch is Side Side Side Side whiffing if you are standing close but not touching. But even replicating that pre-patch was really difficult because it requires precise spacing.

My 3DS is still on 1.0.5 and it looks exactly the same as that vid. trying holding shield while the animation is playing, because on 3DS 1.0.5 Pac is holding his hand out for a while before he can actually shield.

Its actually a completely different animation. Not only is the tractor beam shorter on the 3DS, Pac doesn't hold his hand out the same way. On Wii U his 'fingers' are pointing like 85 degrees up while on 3DS his 'fingers' are pointing foward. The tractor beam travels and retracts faster but Pac still holds his hand out afterwards for a while before shielding. On the Wii U the moment the tractor beam retracts fully Pac can shield.

Functionally its still the same grab. (Though the 3DS animation displays the grabs properties more accurately)
Is it different or not?

So much confusion...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Are the Bowser changes real? I've heard a few places referring to his Knockback buffs on pretty much everything, asking for confirmation.
The only confirmed Bowser change is the increased control on flying slam, allowing Bowser to better steer the move.

I tested it personally and was the first one to report it. ;)

Everything else is likely from a guy who tested on 3DS FD and Wii U FD, not realizing that these stages have different blast zones across consoles.

JohnnyFifth

Smash Rookie
Is it different or not?

So much confusion...
Just look at my youtube video and LordWilliam's animation GIFs... It is pretty damn obvious to me that there is a difference as a Pac Man main. Most noticeable difference is the linger effect at maximum range is nonexistent on my 2DS running 1.0.6.
The amount of time he takes to retract the grab is also shorter since it doesn't go as far out.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Just look at my youtube video and LordWilliam's animation GIFs... It is pretty damn obvious to me that there is a difference as a Pac Man main. Most noticeable difference is the linger effect at maximum range is nonexistent on my 2DS running 1.0.6.
The amount of time he takes to retract the grab is also shorter since it doesn't go as far out.
I can tell that it looks faster, but the Wii U has a different animation (the game version I primarily play)
Is it different on Wii u too?

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
So although you've registered mac as unchanged, there are two changes that are much more quantifiable that were overlooked and are far from superficial. His down angled forward smash does 1% less I believe, but more namely Mac used to have an old trick pre-patch I referred to as the teleporting ko punch. Buffering an aerial would force a step forward from him in the air that if reached the ground during the animation, would act as a standing ko. This helped him traverse platform campers during ko punch periods when used properly. With the new changes to his ko punch mechanics, (which are easily replicated every time) youll now see mac jolting forward in the air without any buffers. He automatically takes his step any time it is used. Jump cancelling while dashing will also further extend the reach of the ko punch. In short, mac's ko punch has been HELLA buffed, and now actually has tons of opportunities and ways in which to get in on opponents, anything from pulling it out of tumble animation midair, to shorthop air dodge kop, to jolting forward at the speed of a boost grab. In addition to this, the changes to his step forward off ko punch also increase the reach and viability of his pivot ko punch. His new KO punch is amazing. Ive been using it to great effect and it should definitely be factored into his changes. If I've overlooked a reason it wasnt mentioned or noticed, all apologies.

Teleporting Ko Punch, TPK for days.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
its still stupid...it should hit anyone if they are like standing right next to me on either side.
sakurai only likes things that look right. not feel right. is every characger were to have somthing like this pit, samus,wft and other would have there bodies attacking people. but this is off topic complain elsewhere.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Little Mac's side smash attack when angled downward deals 22% damage, which is the same amount that it did beforehand.

Last edited:

Kunai KazeKun

Smash Apprentice
I can confirm, TLs First D-Smash Hit got KB reduced. Its not possible to kill the opponent instantly anymore :(
It also will kill later due to the KB reduction, which would push the opponent a lot far away for the second hit.

:4tlink: is sad

No Dair Buff :(

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*whiny voice* @Thinkaman, help us! Do everything for us! Clean the backed up toilet! :p

Seriously though, these are all probably placebos, right? Knockback might be an issue since we can't really tell completely without data. The Nair thing could be possible since multi-hit moves seems to be better with this patch. Keyword: seems. Other than Zelda's Up and Side Smash and Falco's Up Smash, I haven't heard any other confirmation on other multi-hit moves like Samus's Fair and Up Smash.
Alright so this is what I have found out after testing falco other than the up smash,

- His Nair properly connects multi hit move instead of whiff (drags opponent to each hit to behind falco). Nair sucks opponent into multi hit move even when grounded. Less landing lag when I fast fall

- Up tilt end frames are reduced (meaning he can follow up with Bair)

-His down throw knock back is reduced, which is great, because falco can now combo with D Throw-> Fast fall Uair, Up tilt-> Nair or Bair (if Bair then a Upsmash) at lower percents, leading to 54% combo with Bair and upsmash or 37% with Nair at low percents (it was on Dk so maybe I'm wrong).

- Is Bair Sourspot seems to have reduced Knockback and it feels harder to sweet spot it.

I might be wrong and it might just be a placebo but can someone confirm the Nair for be because I was testing it on different characters but after using it on Olimar It gives be that gut feeling. I also found myself stage spiking with reverse hairs offstage

Edit: You can jab cancel with falco (one jab that is) and it also seems that they extended his grab range. If you don't believe me, jab once then use your reflector and see how fast it comes out.

Edit Edit: jab to grab front throw will come out as a two hit combo. Falco will rise again

Captain Biff

Smash Rookie
NNID
Captain Biff
It says here that chars Fair has switched sweet/sour spots. Could someone please tell me where they are? The only thing I noticed is that at the bottom of the Fair he sometimes does 12% instead of 11% , and I couldn't notice a KB difference.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
It's possible that attacks with the autolink angle were affected by the patch. However, I don't think that Falco's standard air attack has that angle for the hitboxes.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I was able to confirm that Sonic's Homing Attack no longer targets non-characters. At least it would not targets ducks or Luma, but it can of course still hit them if they get in the way.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand what you're saying. @LordWilliam1234 suggests that his grab is unchanged, and his GIFs back that claim up.

Last edited:

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
So although you've registered mac as unchanged, there are two changes that are much more quantifiable that were overlooked and are far from superficial. His down angled forward smash does 1% less I believe, but more namely Mac used to have an old trick pre-patch I referred to as the teleporting ko punch. Buffering an aerial would force a step forward from him in the air that if reached the ground during the animation, would act as a standing ko. This helped him traverse platform campers during ko punch periods when used properly. With the new changes to his ko punch mechanics, (which are easily replicated every time) youll now see mac jolting forward in the air without any buffers. He automatically takes his step any time it is used. Jump cancelling while dashing will also further extend the reach of the ko punch. In short, mac's ko punch has been HELLA buffed, and now actually has tons of opportunities and ways in which to get in on opponents, anything from pulling it out of tumble animation midair, to shorthop air dodge kop, to jolting forward at the speed of a boost grab. In addition to this, the changes to his step forward off ko punch also increase the reach and viability of his pivot ko punch. His new KO punch is amazing. Ive been using it to great effect and it should definitely be factored into his changes. If I've overlooked a reason it wasnt mentioned or noticed, all apologies.

Great now the secrets out, R.I.P to the Buffed K.O punch

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's possible that attacks with the autolink angle were affected by the patch. However, I don't think that Falco's standard air attack has that angle for the hitboxes.
It doesn't; all, but the last hit - which has a hit angle of 361? or a Sakurai angle - of Nair have a hit angle of 110. That's as of patch 1.0.4 and potentially the same in this patch.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone explain to me the knockback reduction on toon links first hit of dsmash and why that's bad?

Doval

Smash Lord
Also her normal missiles travel faster.
Jab is a bit faster.

Some said that her DThrow knockback was reduced; it could be but I didn't notice too much differences.
The bombs always did that, missiles haven't changed and her jab was 4 frames; there's no way they're making it 1 frame and no one can tell the difference between 2 and 4 frames visually without a side-by-side comparison.

Periodic reminder to please use the search function!

Last edited:

Rignite

Smash Rookie

Nuuuuuu why did you tell everyone about the Gazelle Punch?!?!?!?!

onyxhuss

Smash Rookie
In lieu of official patch notes we will be opting for community based patch notes (again). But either way or otherwise, the discussion of the what's changed in this patch is to be kept to here. Besides the title teasing otherwise, Mewtwo discussion should be kept to relevant character discussion forums.

Compared to what became a really clean list of changes thanks to @Aerodrome, the initial impact before we get data dumps from @Dantarion / others will be messy and full of speculation, placebo effect and confirmation bias. Multiple trusted sources confirming a change and/or visual comparisons will be required to make the shortlist of changes listed here in the mean time. We may yet again have engine changes (such as DI, rage, ledges, etc) to worry about.

For the sake of everyone's sanity please try to be somewhat certain before stating a change, and remember the search feature exists for use within a thread~

Code:
[b]:4mewtwo:Character[/b]
[size=4][b]Action[/b][/size] ~change~ (proof)
Refer to here for character's previous damage values for comparisons: http://smashboards.com/threads/comp...-every-character-now-with-ko-percents.383550/

Confirmed Changes

:4mii::4miif:Engine:substitute::substitute:
  • A + B together produces smash attacks
  • Tilting the analog stick + smash stick together no longer produces tilts, but rather smash attacks. [NOOOOOOOOOOO]
  • Tilts/smashes while holding an item has been removed (Link, Megaman, Peach, etc)
  • Your name tag selection will now persist through mode changes / leaving games.
  • Wuhu Island Boat instant-kill bug fixed (notable with Ness dthrow).
  • :lylat: Lylat Cruise edges (including Omega) changed to "slope" recoveries (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1KfENM50ME)
:4diddy:Diddy Kong
Up Air Damage 8% -> 6% [KB reductions?]
Forward Air Damage 12/10% -> 10/8%
Up Throw 10% -> 8%
Down Throw 7% -> 6%
Monkey Flip Grab 12% -> 10%. Jump 10% -> 8%. Extra hitbox in kick, now is 14%/12%/10% from 14%/12%
Fsmash Ending lag increased

:4sheik:Sheik
Bair 11%/10% -> 8%/7% [KB reductions?]
Dtilt 7.5% -> 5%

:4lucina:Lucina
Fair, Dtilt, Fsmash, Second hit Dsmash, uncharged shieldbreaker approx. 0.5% damage increases
Fully charged shieldbreaker approx. 1% damage increase

:4miisword:Swordfighter
Dtilt
6% -> 8%
Nair 5% -> 8%
Hero's Spin [12-16%] -> [14-19%] on grounded version

:4miibrawl:Brawler
Piston Punch "one inch punch" fixed
Bair 12% -> 10%
Fair 2% reduction on base damage

:4megaman:Megaman
Leaf Shield
Fires projectile sooner, animation length unchanged
Up B RCO issues removed

:4sonic:Sonic
Back Throw KB reduced
Spin Dash Fully charged damage reduced 10% -> 7%
Spring can no longer be pocketed by Villager:4villagerf:

:4rob:R.O.B.
Up Throw KB reduced

:4kirby:Kirby
Down Throw Damage 6 -> 10%
Inhale acts out faster
Hammer Ending lag reduced

:4luigi:Luigi
Fireball sour spot damage 6% -> 5%

:4ganondorf:Ganondorf
Jab Damage increases 4%/6%/8-9% -> 6%/8%/9-10% [sour/arm/sweetspot]

:4pacman:Pacman
Trampoline can no longer be pocketed by Villager:4villagerf:
Grab THERE ARE NO CHANGES, PLEASE STOP

:4charizard:Charizard
Up Throw 8% -> 11%
Flare Blitz Self Damage 4% -> 5%
Fair Sweet/sour spot hitboxes switched
Fly (Up-B) Knockback increased (3DS Mario FD; 125% -> 112%)

:4samus:Samus
Ftilt Damage 7% -> 8%, extra hitboxes added/adjusted?

:4bowser:Bowser
Koopa Klaw Control of movement changed to prioritise Bowser more

:4dk:Donkey Kong
Neutral B Charges slightly faster ?

:4link:Link
Up B 12% -> 14% uncharged, 19% -> 22% charged
Jab IASA increased (7 frames ?) [nerf]
Hylian Shield now blocks Fox/Falco lasers (ditto to :4tlink:)

:4drmario:Doctor Mario
Fair Increased damage (approx 1%)?
Up Smash Angle trajectory lowered

LUMA:rosalina:
Health 52% -> 48%

:4pikachu:Pikachu
Ledge Grab Animation now standard with the cast (slower)

:4yoshi:Yoshi
Ledge Attack Less ending lag

:4zelda: Zelda
Forward Smash
Loop Hit angles lowered, 60/160 -> 20/170 (Inner hit-box / Outer hit-box.) [Helps keep characters from falling out]
Phantom Slash
Endlag very slightly decreased.
Destroyed Phantom regeneration timer increased, 6 seconds -> 9 seconds.
Phantom stands out for roughly 1/4 of a second longer after attacking.
:4robinf:Robin
Jab
Wind version has faster animation, links better
Tomes Don't disappear when landing on platforms

:4olimar:Pikmin Ninja
Order Tackle
Amplification bug removed

:4peach:Peach
Down Throw
Trajectory slightly altered (approx 5 degrees)

Seemingly unchanged
:4bowserjr::4dedede::4duckhunt::4fox::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4mario::4darkpit::4pit::4shulk::4villagerf::4wario2::4wiifit::4zss::4ness:

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? It doesn't mean they aren't changed, it means that any changes are either superficial, apply to another character more, or are knockback/hitbox based and are better off waiting for data dumps rather than attempting to confirm them.

1.0.4 3DS / 1.0.1 WiiU Community Patch Notes
Not 100% but I believe Charizard's Fly got nerfed. I could have sworn it killed at about 90 but now it kills at about 95. Granted I tested this on Luigi. I'll test on the rest of the cast. Kills Jigglypuff at ab
In lieu of official patch notes we will be opting for community based patch notes (again). But either way or otherwise, the discussion of the what's changed in this patch is to be kept to here. Besides the title teasing otherwise, Mewtwo discussion should be kept to relevant character discussion forums.

Compared to what became a really clean list of changes thanks to @Aerodrome, the initial impact before we get data dumps from @Dantarion / others will be messy and full of speculation, placebo effect and confirmation bias. Multiple trusted sources confirming a change and/or visual comparisons will be required to make the shortlist of changes listed here in the mean time. We may yet again have engine changes (such as DI, rage, ledges, etc) to worry about.

For the sake of everyone's sanity please try to be somewhat certain before stating a change, and remember the search feature exists for use within a thread~

Code:
[b]:4mewtwo:Character[/b]
[size=4][b]Action[/b][/size] ~change~ (proof)
Refer to here for character's previous damage values for comparisons: http://smashboards.com/threads/comp...-every-character-now-with-ko-percents.383550/

Confirmed Changes

:4mii::4miif:Engine:substitute::substitute:
  • A + B together produces smash attacks
  • Tilting the analog stick + smash stick together no longer produces tilts, but rather smash attacks. [NOOOOOOOOOOO]
  • Tilts/smashes while holding an item has been removed (Link, Megaman, Peach, etc)
  • Your name tag selection will now persist through mode changes / leaving games.
  • Wuhu Island Boat instant-kill bug fixed (notable with Ness dthrow).
  • :lylat: Lylat Cruise edges (including Omega) changed to "slope" recoveries (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1KfENM50ME)
:4diddy:Diddy Kong
Up Air Damage 8% -> 6% [KB reductions?]
Forward Air Damage 12/10% -> 10/8%
Up Throw 10% -> 8%
Down Throw 7% -> 6%
Monkey Flip Grab 12% -> 10%. Jump 10% -> 8%. Extra hitbox in kick, now is 14%/12%/10% from 14%/12%
Fsmash Ending lag increased

:4sheik:Sheik
Bair 11%/10% -> 8%/7% [KB reductions?]
Dtilt 7.5% -> 5%

:4lucina:Lucina
Fair, Dtilt, Fsmash, Second hit Dsmash, uncharged shieldbreaker approx. 0.5% damage increases
Fully charged shieldbreaker approx. 1% damage increase

:4miisword:Swordfighter
Dtilt
6% -> 8%
Nair 5% -> 8%
Hero's Spin [12-16%] -> [14-19%] on grounded version

:4miibrawl:Brawler
Piston Punch "one inch punch" fixed
Bair 12% -> 10%
Fair 2% reduction on base damage

:4megaman:Megaman
Leaf Shield
Fires projectile sooner, animation length unchanged
Up B RCO issues removed

:4sonic:Sonic
Back Throw KB reduced
Spin Dash Fully charged damage reduced 10% -> 7%
Spring can no longer be pocketed by Villager:4villagerf:

:4rob:R.O.B.
Up Throw KB reduced

:4kirby:Kirby
Down Throw Damage 6 -> 10%
Inhale acts out faster
Hammer Ending lag reduced

:4luigi:Luigi
Fireball sour spot damage 6% -> 5%

:4ganondorf:Ganondorf
Jab Damage increases 4%/6%/8-9% -> 6%/8%/9-10% [sour/arm/sweetspot]

:4pacman:Pacman
Trampoline can no longer be pocketed by Villager:4villagerf:
Grab THERE ARE NO CHANGES, PLEASE STOP

:4charizard:Charizard
Up Throw 8% -> 11%
Flare Blitz Self Damage 4% -> 5%
Fair Sweet/sour spot hitboxes switched
Fly (Up-B) Knockback increased (3DS Mario FD; 125% -> 112%)

:4samus:Samus
Ftilt Damage 7% -> 8%, extra hitboxes added/adjusted?

:4bowser:Bowser
Koopa Klaw Control of movement changed to prioritise Bowser more

:4dk:Donkey Kong
Neutral B Charges slightly faster ?

:4link:Link
Up B 12% -> 14% uncharged, 19% -> 22% charged
Jab IASA increased (7 frames ?) [nerf]
Hylian Shield now blocks Fox/Falco lasers (ditto to :4tlink:)

:4drmario:Doctor Mario
Fair Increased damage (approx 1%)?
Up Smash Angle trajectory lowered

LUMA:rosalina:
Health 52% -> 48%

:4pikachu:Pikachu
Ledge Grab Animation now standard with the cast (slower)

:4yoshi:Yoshi
Ledge Attack Less ending lag

:4zelda: Zelda
Forward Smash
Loop Hit angles lowered, 60/160 -> 20/170 (Inner hit-box / Outer hit-box.) [Helps keep characters from falling out]
Phantom Slash
Endlag very slightly decreased.
Destroyed Phantom regeneration timer increased, 6 seconds -> 9 seconds.
Phantom stands out for roughly 1/4 of a second longer after attacking.
:4robinf:Robin
Jab
Wind version has faster animation, links better
Tomes Don't disappear when landing on platforms

:4olimar:Pikmin Ninja
Order Tackle
Amplification bug removed

:4peach:Peach
Down Throw
Trajectory slightly altered (approx 5 degrees)

Seemingly unchanged
:4bowserjr::4dedede::4duckhunt::4fox::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4mario::4darkpit::4pit::4shulk::4villagerf::4wario2::4wiifit::4zss::4ness:

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? It doesn't mean they aren't changed, it means that any changes are either superficial, apply to another character more, or are knockback/hitbox based and are better off waiting for data dumps rather than attempting to confirm them.

1.0.4 3DS / 1.0.1 WiiU Community Patch Notes
when did Charizard have 3 jumps. Am I crazy or does charizard have 3 jumps

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Can't it be a general rule that if a perceived change is very small, don't post it unless you can
back up with evidence?

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
So any ETA on the data dump? Reading this placebo nonsense is getting annoying.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Is there a reason why we have to keep reminding people to not post placebo-effect feelings? A lot of us have been reminding others (+ to use the search function) but it keeps happening.

Thread rules are important, especially when the thread is headed by a moderator. Readers please - if you post, have some restraint before you share what are simply placebo feelings. There's a lot to go around but this thread is not the place for that.

This thread, and forum, would be pointless without some limitations to prevent post bloat. Posting placebic findings makes this thread much less interesting to read and much less informative. Please think about others.

Cheers

Last edited:

JohnnyFifth

Smash Rookie
I don't understand what you're saying. @LordWilliam1234 suggests that his grab is unchanged, and his GIFs back that claim up.
I think the main point of confusion is that the animation greatly differs both in speed and distance between the Wii U and the 3DS versions. I would highly suspect this is a bug that Nintendo will patch to be more like the 3DS version. I haven't been home long enough to even boot up my Wii U since the Mewtwo update but I have kept my 2DS with me to be able to test the changes.

Given how insistent everyone is that there IS NOT a change I can only make the assumption that we are looking at 2 different things. As a Pac Man main, I am very familiar with how open his grab leaves you when whiffed. I will admit I haven't played on my 3DS with Pac Man in months so this could have already existed but I play just about every day on my Wii U so i am very familiar with how Pac Man works. This could have already existed on the 3DS from a prior patch and is only now coming to light (i really don't know about that).

That being said. THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE on the 3DS version 1.0.6 (or maybe it is a 2DS bug). It isn't even questionable that there is a difference between what those GIFs show and what I am seeing. I made another recording since people still don't believe me with better timing between grabs. In that video i do 9 grabs in 11 seconds which means i am starting a new grab in just over 1 second (1.25 start to finish by my calculation from other testing). Now go to @LordWilliam1234' gifs, bust out your smart phone timer, and see how long it takes Pac Man to do 9 frame perfect whiffed grabs (it takes 20 seconds but if you don't believe me try it yourself).

Please stop saying there is no difference because it is so obvious even if it is just on the 3DS version. I haven't looked at the Wii U version since the update so I cannot speak for that. Please feel free to confirm this.

Last edited:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
I think as a general rule we have discovered from what we know has changed is that nobody's basic movesets other than specials or ledge getups have been effected in terms of their frame data, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DIDDY'S FORWARD SMASH (IF THAT ITSELF IS TRUE). So anyone who states otherwise with respect to any character is most likely wrong.

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nope nope nope. As I stated above, they DO nOT change frame data when it comes to basic movesets on ground or in the air. So stop with this crap.
They've changed frame data before, and it looks like they changed a lot of it in this patch, its just basically impossible to document without data rips.

This thread is basically for factually measurable changes. We'll get the full changelist from Dant or something later.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
How is it crap? I was only checking the characters and see what they changed, Kirby's side B is noticeably changed because it seems that he swings his hammer quicker like in Brawl.

EDIT: I checked twice and it seems that they did change the frame data of Kirby's side B to make him swing it quicker.
Basic movesets does not mean their specials.

They've changed frame data before, and it looks like they changed a lot of it in this patch, its just basically impossible to document without data rips.

This thread is basically for factually measurable changes. We'll get the full changelist from Dant or something later.
Name me one other than diddys supposed fsmash having more end lag?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zage

Smash Journeyman
I think the main point of confusion is that the animation greatly differs both in speed and distance between the Wii U and the 3DS versions. I would highly suspect this is a bug that Nintendo will patch to be more like the 3DS version. I haven't been home long enough to even boot up my Wii U since the Mewtwo update but I have kept my 2DS with me to be able to test the changes.

Given how insistent everyone is that there IS NOT a change I can only make the assumption that we are looking at 2 different things. As a Pac Man main, I am very familiar with how open his grab leaves you when whiffed. I will admit I haven't played on my 3DS with Pac Man in months so this could have already existed but I play just about every day on my Wii U so i am very familiar with how Pac Man works. This could have already existed on the 3DS from a prior patch and is only now coming to light (i really don't know about that).

That being said. THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE on the 3DS version 1.0.6 (or maybe it is a 2DS bug). It isn't even questionable that there is a difference between what those GIFs show and what I am seeing. I made another recording since people still don't believe me with better timing between grabs. In that video i do 9 grabs in 11 seconds which means i am starting a new grab in just over 1 second (1.25 start to finish by my calculation from other testing). Now go to @LordWilliam1234' gifs, bust out your smart phone timer, and see how long it takes Pac Man to do 9 frame perfect whiffed grabs (it takes 20 seconds but if you don't believe me try it yourself).

Please stop saying there is no difference because it is so obvious even if it is just on the 3DS version. I haven't looked at the Wii U version since the update so I cannot speak for that. Please feel free to confirm this.
There hasn't been a change at all. Comparing your video to my unpatched 3DS, they are exactly alike.Pac's grab was probably always different than his grab in the Wii U version, but we are just now noticing.

I don't have recording software to show his grab from the previous version, you can delete your patch and compare it to your video if you want though.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
@ArikadoX was nice enough to double check this for me.

Confirmed, sheik dtilt knock back is lower.
I got 261% on 1.05 3DS under the same conditions. You didn't get the new number on Wii U's version of FD, did you? Both versions of smash have different dimensions on Final Destination, resulting in different KO percentages.

Bowsers up throw seems different? It seems to stall for a brief moment before launching them. Don't think placebo.
Nope. On patch day, we thought Uthrow actually had less ending lag, and that was placebo.

JohnnyFifth

Smash Rookie
I can tell that it looks faster, but the Wii U has a different animation (the game version I primarily play)
Is it different on Wii u too?
There hasn't been a change at all. Comparing your video to my unpatched 3DS, they are exactly alike.Pac's grab was probably always different than his grab in the Wii U version, but we are just now noticing.

I don't have recording software to show his grab from the previous version, you can delete your patch and compare it to your video if you want though.
That is really weird then because it is the only move in the game that works any different between the 2 games... I wouldn't be surprised if it were a bug.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So basically this is the "nerf Diddy, make slight adjustments to everyone else" patch.

Kind of sucks for low-tier mains like us Charizards who were hoping for a significant buff, but oh well, I guess you gotta work with what you got. At least I now have an excuse to use that awesome U-throw animation Zard has.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Ahh.
It's not listed.
But Lucario's RCO lag issues have been removed along with Megaman's.
Wow, alright. ZSS still has her RCO lag, and it's... hard to miss.

Awesome for Lucario/MM, but GGs Nintendo. (Assuming it's not part of the design of the move or something, which would be... odd)

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Wow, alright. ZSS still has her RCO lag, and it's... hard to miss.

Awesome for Lucario/MM, but GGs Nintendo. (Assuming it's not part of the design of the move or something, which would be... odd)
Can't you still tether from across the map with side b? I know it's still ridiculous, but is it still Brawl good?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom