• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Place

Smash Rookie
Has anyone tested Ike's fair and dair? it seems faster.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
- Luigis Down Throw seems to have 3-4 more frames longer, but still possible to jump and do his aerial
- you cant jump and do 2 fairs without any end lag, if it was there it seems to be just a tad longer
- Down B final hit seems to be weaker
- UpB sweet spot seems to be weaker

remeber I saying "seems" since I am not a full luigi main yet, but can someone confirm this?
I haven't had any of these problems while playing, seems the same to me.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Also, the online in general seems a lot better. Even while I'm in college, where I used to drop lots of frames, lag sooo hard, I've had like...10 matches that were pretty perfect! Only in one did it hiccup for a second here and there!

Lanayru3

Smash Rookie
Somehow I feel as if Captain Falcon's back-air is a little slower. Can anyone confirm on this?

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
So... Bowser Jr. Just... takes more damage than the rest of the cast, it seems. Tested across two characters in Smash mode, it seems odd. Has this always been the case?

Vs Bowser is listed first. Vs Bowser Jr. is listed second.
ZSS
Bair - 12, 14
Fsmash - 16, 19
UpB - 17, 20

Mario
Fsmash - 14, 16
Dsmash - 10, 12
Usmash - 14, 16

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Question. Have to MT codes been sent out yet or nah?
For some folks, yes.

Man, he's slippery as ever. It doesn't seem that his Shadow Ball Charge does damage anymore... I was trying to do a grab combo ala Lucario, but though my opponent was right on me, it failed to do any damage. Up Smash lasts for nine years. That's all I've got so far.

HierophantGreen

Smash Rookie
NNID
GhostsNeverDie
So... Bowser Jr. Just... takes more damage than the rest of the cast, it seems. Tested across two characters in Smash mode, it seems odd. Has this always been the case?

Vs Bowser is listed first. Vs Bowser Jr. is listed second.
ZSS
Bair - 12, 14
Fsmash - 16, 19
UpB - 17, 20

Mario
Fsmash - 14, 16
Dsmash - 10, 12
Usmash - 14, 16

If you hit Bowser Jr. himself he takes more damage, and if you hit his cart he takes less.

Kodachi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GhOsT-KoDa
robin seems to have faster movement on the ground and in the air. Just me? Forward aerial too maybe but might just be the movement speed,

Onyxsbayne

Smash Cadet
I heard that Greninjas Smash attacks have slightly better range and speed. No way to confirm it though, but I'd love to see it happen.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Doc feels like he has slightly more ground speed and his sweetspots hit more consistently but that could totally be placebo

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
robin seems to have faster movement on the ground and in the air. Just me? Forward aerial too maybe but might just be the movement speed,
I don't think Robin is changed. Also don't think Falcon is changed.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo has no custom moves.
Are you sure about this? If I recall correctly, the "There are no custom moves" message appears on 3DS for any move where you haven't unlocked a custom variant yet. It doesn't appear on Wii U, however.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
I think Robin is faster on the ground as well, but I could be wrong.
Well, I shouldn't say things without testing myself. Surprising for her to get a buff like that. Hope someone can test it out side by side.

orochiwolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3799-0637
Can confirm that frame canceling Falco's Dair is still in the game.

orochiwolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3799-0637
that's just an auto-cancel. lots of moves have it, don't see why they'd remove it
Not an autocancel... It's a roughly frame perfect technique in which you fastfall an attack and touch the ground at the exact moment the hit box connects. The end result is avoiding any landing lag the attack may have had.

Kienamaru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kienamaru
3DS FC
2337-6342-5688
Switch FC
6100 0383 6350
Playing on the 3ds version which I don't own so it's been awhile, but did Robin get his jump height increased? I don't remember him jumping so high on Wii U.

orochiwolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3799-0637
i tested it on both versions on FD on the same char, not any other omega stage from the starting point of training, and in the older version it KOed at 100%, where in the newer version it KOed at 108-110%. it's not a huge change, it's still strong, but i think it was good to nerf it a bit

auto-cancelling is frame perfect--it's when you land near the beginning or end of an auto-cancellable aerial. you have to land falco's at roughly the first frame. the only difference from most auto-cancel moves is that you can do it a frame after the hitbox comes out so you don't get the normal landing lag and can follow it up immediately
Please review this video, this is what I'm talking about

https://youtu.be/spHWz-9F7cQ

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
BJr players: has he always taken more damage personally than when hitting his vehicle?

If so, kinda sad I did not know this.

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
The first thing I did this morning was looking at diddy and his nerfs. Just curious, isn't it harder to down throw to up air and doesn't some of his attacks have less range? It seemed like it to me.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Was the landing lag of either of Zelda's aerials changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom