• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mew2King's DI

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Everyone knows Meta Knight is a lightweight character but how the hell can Mew2King survive upto 150% or more with Meta Knight? Does anyone (or can m2k himself explain) how he DIs? Does he like smash DI during the initial phase of hitstun everytime? How can he survive for so long horizontally and vertically?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
1. Smash DI towards the stage (not completely necessary but every little bit helps)
2. DI so that your sent towards the corner of the screen
3. Momentum cancel - do your fastest least laggy aerial (if you have no really quick low lag aerials, then airdodge instead), then do a move that causes forward momentum, then jump.
4. Profit.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
1. Smash DI towards the stage (not completely necessary but every little bit helps)
2. DI so that your sent towards the corner of the screen
3. Momentum cancel - do your fastest least laggy aerial (if you have no really quick low lag aerials, then airdodge instead), then do a move that causes forward momentum, then jump.
4. Profit.
Forward momentum? So in Meta Knight's case what would this be?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
DO NOT Smash towards the stage. Ever.

1) Aim yourself at the corners or the screen. This will increase your flight length, allowing you to survive longer.
2) Use your fastest aerial
3) Fast-Fall

OR

1) Aim yourself at the corners of the screen.
2) QCDI, or move left and right of the direction you're flying in to cancel momentum. Combining with the C-Stick adds better results.
3) Fastest Aerial, then fast fall and push the control stick in the direction of the stage.
4) If you have a momentum slowing/canceling move, then use it to get back.

BEST METHOD:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221969
^Read this.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
in melee the stages were all squares, but in brawl im like 99% sure that upper left and upper right edges of the stages go like this / \. You know about momentum cancel right? You do MKs Uair when you get hit, then double jump, then Uair again, then double jump, then do this like 2 more times. It will make you live longer horizontally (although make sure not to do it too much if you are already in the very corner of the stage, because I don't think the stages are squares anymore at the edges, at least it seems that way). That and good smart DI is all you really need for the most part.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
in melee the stages were all squares, but in brawl im like 99% sure that upper left and upper right edges of the stages go like this / \. You know about momentum cancel right? You do MKs Uair when you get hit, then double jump, then Uair again, then double jump, then do this like 2 more times. It will make you live longer horizontally (although make sure not to do it too much if you are already in the very corner of the stage, because I don't think the stages are squares anymore at the edges, at least it seems that way). That and good smart DI is all you really need for the most part.
So Jason, what do you define as a smart DI? Adding on to aiming to the top corners of the screen, uair seems to be the fastest aerial but will that stop most of my momentum? Am I relying mainly on DI towards the top corners than performing my fastest aerial? Wait... I think I understand now. Cancel your momentum as quickly as possible and then DI towards the corner. So how do you survive Snake's utilt. DI behind him?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
in melee the stages were all squares, but in brawl im like 99% sure that upper left and upper right edges of the stages go like this / \.
I'm pretty sure there was thread earlier disproving this. My understanding is that the maximum % for dieing off the top on Bridge of Eldin is the same at all points along the bridge, therefore the distance between the bridge and the killzone is the same. I could go find the thread if you'd like more info.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I can tell you how he DIs. He practices it almost everyday. Watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mK0XWzAwig
Wow, so his secret is so secret that it's no longer available. Interesting.

in melee the stages were all squares, but in brawl im like 99% sure that upper left and upper right edges of the stages go like this / \.
I might assure you that you're 100% wrong. Don't press start when you're going to play Brawl. It shows the blast-zone to be rectangular when giving an example of Mario fighting Bowser.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Easy. Since it's M2K playing, the stage adjusts itself so he can last longer. When he dies, it's really always the stage's fault.

crifer

Smash Lord
M2K: Do u prepare yourself at high percentages for being kicked out?
I mean do u think "I can get kicked out now, so I´m ready to DI up"?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
M2K: Do u prepare yourself at high percentages for being kicked out?
I mean do u think "I can get kicked out now, so I´m ready to DI up"?
Hmm... this brings up a good point. I personally, for example, make it a case to avoid using any move involving a downwards input when I'm at high percententages, so that I'm not "trapped" by down DI. To often did I try to use dtilts at high percents, only to be hit and being caught by a almost purely horizontal trajectory leading to my doom XD.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
At high levels of play, whenever you get hit by an attack, you can usually see the attack coming a split second before it happens, and so you can instantly change your DI to account for where you're getting hit. It becomes second nature, really.

And that is also why you can occasionally see pros dying at really low percents. Its because, for some reason, they didn't see that attack coming before it hit them.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The blast zones are still perfectly rectangular. Now though, you will "burst KO" when hit into a top corner, instead of flying into the background.

Excellence

Smash Champion
1. He DI's perpendicular to his knockback.
2. He uses UAir to get out of his hit stun.
3. He immediately goes into glide which cancels out any momentum you have in any direction, provided he glides in the right direction.

I use Olimar and on average I survive up to 165%+ unless I do something stupid, so I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Gea

Smash Master
At high levels of play, whenever you get hit by an attack, you can usually see the attack coming a split second before it happens, and so you can instantly change your DI to account for where you're getting hit. It becomes second nature, really.

And that is also why you can occasionally see pros dying at really low percents. Its because, for some reason, they didn't see that attack coming before it hit them.
This. What's more is % to live to isn't that important when compared to what attacks actually hit you. Killmoves on the whole usually have startup and thus when getting close to dying %s, you can start playing more carefully or looking out for these attacks.

But basically when you get to a certain point DI happens before you even have time to think. By the time you register what happened, your fingers have already moved for you. The only time you might need to think is I assume what Jason is getting to with 'smart DI.'

That is, when you've DI'd and you are flying too vertically (and thus will die off of the top) you need to adjust your DI mid-flight to go less upwards and more towards the sides.

Don't forget that some of the most important DI isn't about surviving attacks, but rather how to position yourself to not get followed up by another attack as easily. This is less important in Brawl than Melee, but still vital.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
i think everyone is forgeting he doesn't get hit by slow, powerful moves.
Just fast, weaker tilts so he lives forever and also what m2k said, Mk has 6 jumps and really fast aerials to cancel out all of the momentum.

Top Bottom