• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaMindgame Spam

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I've been using Fox lately, and all I do is standing single laser (SSL), shorthop, and shine people.

SSL: You press B ONCE while standing, and wait a minimum of the time needed for Fox to put his Blaster away before repeating.

What this does to the opponent:

You fire one shot. Just one. When you fire a barrage of shots, it's just something annoying to try to take the least amount of damage from. If you fire one shot, ONE shot, strangely enough most opponents will find it more of a big deal if you actually hit them with it, because it's just that one shot.

Not only that, but you're standing. Most people laser from the air for increased mobility, safety, approach, runaway, etc. If you stand there and fire one laser at a time, your opponent will be overwhelmed by the massive amounts of mobility and lasers you AREN'T using.

Later on, I spam empty shorthops and forward smash away from my opponent.

Vocal templates for the above:

Me: "Oh crap I'm pulling out the standing single laser!!!"

Opponent: "It looks like you're just standing there and shooting me while somehow managing to NOT spam, technically. Stand still so I can rid the world of your stupidity."

Me: *Forward Smashes away to dodge a grab attempt, then starts spamming shorthop*
Me: "You can't touch me! I'm freaking shorthopping OOOH Melee!!!! You want to try to touch me? FSMASH DODGE BIATCH!!!!"

And don't forget: If your opponent is Pit, try to shine him off stage while he uses the Wings of Icarus then go "OOOOH Melee skillz!!!!"

Also, every time you miss an onstage dair with Ganondorf, just tell your opponent that you're spiking the stage and it is in their best interest to block the stage from your assault with their body. And when you use your Utilt, tell them that walking straight into Ganondorf's crotchal region nets them free points.

In fact, attacking the stage to Metamindgamespam is pretty much a good idea in general.

For example, using Mario and Capeing the Rainbow Cruise ship is total mindphuck.

And Falcon Punching any stage is epic as well. Just jump off while charging a reverse Falcon Punch and hit the stage with it, then recover. Or don't, for more MMGS.

Wonder which State will be the first to ban MMGS.

Hoser

Smash Ace
You, Pelikinesis, win Brawl. You're so good, they made you your own tier on the tier list. This list is now as follows:

MetaMind
Pelikinesis

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Ike
Peach
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

(Little do you all know, I'm meta mindgaming you as you read this.)

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
You, Pelikinesis, win Brawl. You're so good, they made you your own tier on the tier list. This list is now as follows:

MetaMind
Pelikinesis

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

Sigged.

Narcissistic? What? Sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Couldn't hear you over the sound of how pretty I am.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I don't suggest trying to spam that. IRL, repeated forced-fart attempts can go awry.

Did you hear me? AWRY!!!

but it's still going in the supplemental blog. EVENTUALLY. Along with the DK suit and banana idea.

And yes, if you guys have any character-specific metamindgames, share them here; they will go onto the blog.

IN DUE TIME.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Story of my life.
MINDGAME'D
Lolz I was thinkin that as well. Now any time I screw up in real life I can just think "Oh shiz mindgame'd!" Or when I totally lose an argument "I was just mindgaming you"

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Which just goes to show that Metamindgamespam, much like swordplay or tea ceremony, is not merely a ritual/AAT, but something one can live their life by.

Can you ledgecamp your way through life? When you run into problems, will twitching your thumb where the B button would be if you were playing Metaknight do you any good? I think not.

POKE40

Smash Lord
OH! Sakurai just wanted more psychological battles so he took out most of the teching...
You can hear him laughing in his bedroom. MWHAHA!

Those brawlers will just mess with each other's minds!

Oh I just love psychology now.:chuckle:

Pelikinesis gained 9008 awesome pts!

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
So basically, it's like going up to someone and saying "There is no spoon." and whacking them with a fork while they are in awe? Wait no, that's not it.

It's telling someone they are about to activate a glitch when you get "comboed" (no comboes in Brawl). And then after they stop their combo, you go and try to reach the top of the stage by powering your Super Jump by crouching. And waiting. Of course, when the opponent realizes when they've been metamindgamed, you tell them that the loser of the match gets a black Wii and go SD of a bottom corner.

I just made you overlook the secret code. :mad:

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
add this to ur mindgame page for falco/fox against a falco fox or wolf

when ur falco or fox bair toward ur enemies while faceing them and encourage them to hit u then they get thinking theyll get pull toward u they fox/falco/wolf flash to recover only to SD of the side becuase in actuallity dimensions just broke and they were hit way from you causing the space time continuum to fall apart and the universe inverts upon itself which would mean u wins

Ange

Smash Lord
Metamindgame spam needs to be dedicated to a social group, to show how amazing and revolutionary this strategy is.

You just won the galaxy, PROCEED TO LEVEL 9000.

You: GALE BOOMERANG!!
Them: Thats not Gale Boomerang!
You: I know you are but what am I?
Them: Wh-

Then they walk off-stage.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Correct.

So......how do I make a social group?

Whatever, I'll figure it out.

In other news, I still don't have at least one character-specific metamindgame for the Brawl roster....I'm probably at less than half. Come up with some so I don't have to. Or talk Team Metamindgamespamming strategies.

Yeah, I should totally make a social group.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
jigglypuff (or luigi) metamindgame: how to get out of any combo

opponent starts to combo you
you say: 'just what i thought...keep going, i can rest you out of the next hit' (or shroyuken for luigi)
opponent hesitates
you get away

works every time.

Ange

Smash Lord
User CP > Social Groups > At the bottom of the list, theres a button called "Create New Group".
If you havnt figured out already.

Hmm Ill try to come up with character-specific metamindgames as I go.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
TKD+ITA+Mar= gets 1 Internet Win for coming up with a Counterpick Metamindgame.

Couple of Jigglypuff-specific metamindgames added as well.

I made the social group. I have no idea how you guys find or join it though. SWF intricacies metamindgame me.

EDIT:

I posted a link to the social group on the original post. Hurry up and join before I start inviting people. I think I know how to do that now.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
I just had the most epic mindgaming success over wifi.

right taunt: I'm about to mindgam
left taunt: e you!
up taunt: MINDGAMED
_ ________________ !

I beat him two matches to zero, then reported the score to be 2-1 for me. The feedback he left was: "ok mario, and you need to work on your mindgames.....because you don't have any".

SUCCESS!!!

Edit: Those underscores are in my uptaunt only so I can put the ! where it's supposed to be.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Time for a bump.

Ok, just for the sake of keeping this thread from being obsolete and forgotten, I'll add here that I found a way for a Snake user to MetamindgameSpam. While I don't approve of a conventional top-tier character being an MMGS top-tier character as well, you are essentially breaking a broken character so everything works out. READ IT.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
This topic is 4178% Pure Awesomeness, 3493% Pure Win, 714% ROFL, 479% LOL, 107% Fun, 29% Secret Sauce, and 1% OVER 9000!

Tennet

Smash Champion
It's fun when you do this to people and they get pissed off but they seem really confused and start yelling "THAT ISN'T A MINDGAME WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!" It's even better when you were sucking then start coming back.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
so I just watched an episode of Batman Beyond entitled "Mindgames".

It's about psychics. One of them is a fat guy with a knife-cane, one of them makes things go boom, and one girl permanently blinds a guy. **** move, that.

Well that wasn't entirely relevant. So....it seems other people appreciate this. JOIN THE GROUP! CONTRIBUTE IDEAS TO THE BLOG.

Or something.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
When you just lost a game to someone, counterpick a stage which is in their favor or where you're character sucks at and mention that fact a lot. They'll get confused and probably wont rely on their good strategies because they think you have an answer to that.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
When you just lost a game to someone, counterpick a stage which is in their favor or where you're character sucks at and mention that fact a lot. They'll get confused and probably wont rely on their good strategies because they think you have an answer to that.
That depends. Don't choose a stage they **** on. If they catch on you're screwed.

Scott!

Smash Lord
That depends. Don't choose a stage they **** on. If they catch on you're screwed.
If they catch on, it means your metamindgames are woefully inadequate. You deserve to lose. Either they weren't taken in by your mindgames, or they saw what you were doing and counter-mindgamed you. One of the most important things about the metamindgames is that, like with so-called "normal" Brawl, the better contestant will often win. No mindgame is guaranteed, so you must be smart enough to out-mindgame your opponent.

Also, if they're able to counter such a mindgame, they must be one of the enlightened ones as well. As such, they deserve much respect for taking the art to such a level.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I just typed up a new blog, this one centered around MMGS counters (which are nothing more than more MMGS).

Unfortunately, Failboards insists that there's some sort of validation error so I can't actually post it. But it's there, in production limbo.

EDIT:

Winboards let me post the thing. Link is on the first post, below the link to the character-specific blog entry.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
if sum noob is using items

you, "go ahead go pick up that item ill ken combo u while ur trying to pick it up"

noob, ":O" *gets SD'd*

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS 1 it can lead to the noob infinitely SDing and cuasing the data for how many stocks he has to 99 by rolling over but if u time it right u can counter that by saying to him "thats actaully negative one stock if u dont believe me get that 1-up over there"

*noob gets the 1-up*

announcer, "GAME"

Top Bottom