• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Metaknight is broken... He has multiple jumps, can glide, has a b move that makes him invincible, his side b has ridiculous distance, he's very fast, he has several ko moves, he has several damaging moves... What is his weakness?!?!?! D:
Time his attacks and after he do it, attack him. You can DI from most of his attacks.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Metaknight is broken... He has multiple jumps, can glide, has a b move that makes him invincible, his side b has ridiculous distance, he's very fast, he has several ko moves, he has several damaging moves... What is his weakness?!?!?! D:
His destiny is victory.

Ahem... he appears to be very light.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
< Prays> Let SSB Kirby reborn in brawl as Metaknight. :/ I don't think Sakurai would mess up one of his coolest creations. He has seen the error of his ways by making Kirby one of the worst (if not the worst) character in melee.

-Knight

Sinn

Smash Lord
Naah.

The reporters were noobs. Sonic springed too early, and didn't use spindashes that much.
Also, I don't care what they say...I would be willing to wager that playing with a good ol' Gamecube controller will be a LOT more familiar and easy to work with than the singular Wiimote. Just an opinion.

And with as much as they WANT to balance the game out, I'm sure there's gotta be a downside to him.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
He has have some weakness. I mean come on, all those recovery moves, crazy combos, easiest to pick up and play, how will they balance him? Maybe he will be easily knocked away because he's so light. BTW, his red costume looks sick.

I won't play as him much online because he will probably be massively overused, but I look forward to spiking Metaknights trying to glide back on the stage to their doom.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Hopefully there will be enough newcomers that the amount of people using Meta, Sonic and Snake will be not quite so high...

And remember, the game doesn't come out for another four months now...there's plenty of tweaking left to do.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Yea, Metaknight does seem way too over powered. Is he even vulnerable during that tornado spin?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
since Meta Knight has an eternally badass voice...do you think he will have spoken dialogue in Subspace?

"Victory...is my destiny....."

best winning taunt EVER!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I like it! A LOT!!

I am kinda surprised by his voice actually.

I was used to his Japanese one from the anime.

I am glad they didn't choose that god-awful Spanish accent from the 4kids dub. it seems Nintendo didn't like that either! ^3^

he sounded like a ....MAN with really, REALLY dark voice.

you can't believe how a cute looking character like him has a voice like that.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
WOW! awesome voice man. that's sick. u guys are really observant

SmashBrosManiac

Smash Cadet
apparently, metaknights FS is a shun-goku-shatsu- like series of slashes that makes the screen go black and makes him slash everywhere.
Actually... the screen always goes dark when someoen obtains the smash ball. In this case, Metaknight grabbed the ball, the screen went dark, and before he had the chance to execute the Final Smash, the smash ball was beaten out of him (you can see the screen goes back to normal as the small ball re-appears) So Metaknight's FS is still unknown for the mean time. :p

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Actually... the screen always goes dark when someoen obtains the smash ball. In this case, Metaknight grabbed the ball, the screen went dark, and before he had the chance to execute the Final Smash, the smash ball was beaten out of him (you can see the screen goes back to normal as the small ball re-appears) So Metaknight's FS is still unknown for the mean time. :p
Is is known by the guys who played it- it's just not in video form yet.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Meta Knight's been awesome since his first appearance in Kirby's Avalance. And his moves look really badass!

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Meta Knight's been awesome since his first appearance in Kirby's Avalance. And his moves look really badass!
He appeared in Super Star first, I think. o_O

Anyways, just leave MK as his is.

He is a hardcore fast fighter.

And odviously, nobody seems to know how to avoid the Nado.

A simple smash attack or such could stop it.

Also, I like the drilling effect of his Side-B. You can arc it too, which makes me want even more to main him.

Also...

Doesnt Sakurai love making one of the coolest parts of his characters franchies pimp?
Seriously though.

If you think about it, in every Kirby game, MK gets harder. That would mean he probally trains hardcore day and night so he can finally beat his rival. Its that simple why hes that strong.

And odviously, I never saw anyone shield in that video, so, sucks to them.

People dont know the weaknesses of MK.. he has many.

-Gliding open-ness.
-Tornado takes about 5 seconds, and hard to control, so its easier to spike or such, or combo
-One could say hes floaty
-Swipes are small damaging, but fast. People can navagate through that odviously.
-Lag during Smash attacks.. hes slow to get up after it.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
He appeared in Super Star first, I think. o_O

Anyways, just leave MK as his is.

He is a hardcore fast fighter.

And odviously, nobody seems to know how to avoid the Nado.

A simple smash attack or such could stop it.

Also, I like the drilling effect of his Side-B. You can arc it too, which makes me want even more to main him.

Also...

Doesnt Sakurai love making one of the coolest parts of his characters franchies pimp?
Seriously though.

If you think about it, in every Kirby game, MK gets harder. That would mean he probally trains hardcore day and night so he can finally beat his rival. Its that simple why hes that strong.

And odviously, I never saw anyone shield in that video, so, sucks to them.

People dont know the weaknesses of MK.. he has many.

-Gliding open-ness.
-Tornado takes about 5 seconds, and hard to control, so its easier to spike or such, or combo
-One could say hes floaty
-Swipes are small damaging, but fast. People can navagate through that odviously.
-Lag during Smash attacks.. hes slow to get up after it.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I saw him pwn Kirby in the Conference Video. And he was in Avalance, i bought it on Virtual Console.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Wow, he has the stupidest voice ever. He's a ball with eyes, not ****in' Solid Snake.

Top Bottom