• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff, permanently equipped with a beam sword... That's the first thing I thought of when I saw Meta Knight, and I wasn't quite so comfortable with that.
Jigglypuff sucks okay meta knight rules so don't compare them together EVER!!!!! its more like kirby with a permentent beam sword. In super smash bros i kicked everone's a**es
with kirby weilding a beam sword so thats somewhat of a comparision. :chuckle:

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
actually Jigglypuff and MK are sort of comparable. Jigglypuff may not have 18-hit per second attacks, but they seem like the same kind of weight. I suppose if you want to train for MK on melee do whatever kind of match with jigglypuff and beam sword on very high

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
LOL

WOW he sounds like MC now or something
how does something that looks just like kirby sound like MC XD

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I was hoping that they'd add Meta Knight (in the next Smash, what we now know as Brawl), since he seemed like he'd be a combination of Marth and Jigglypuff, which sounded awesome. And they did! :D

Does anyone know if Meta Knight's dair spikes/meteors? Cause that's hot if it does :x

And yeah, apparently all of MK's throws are like Kirby's. I've seen his up and down throws, and they certainly are.

I wonder if we're going to have Meta-cides now, LOLZ.

But yeah, does his dair spike?

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
cuz all the ssbb demo vids i saw all had these annoying girls in the bg giving unneccessary commentary

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
i heard that mk had this like, spanish voice, and that now its sounds cool now.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
noone has posted yet. im waiting. its called sideB replacement or something along those liness

Mav of Brill

Smash Cadet
personally, MK is going to be the first character i play as, just because he's my style. i'm more of a speed hit and run player (much to my friends' annoyance. sorry, but it works ;) and combined with flying, 10 hits a second, dominate the skies, wow. the fact that his voice is greatly improved and he looks like he wants to slit your throat while you sleep is a plus, even if he is just an armored puff-ball. some say that pit will destroy MK, but it really depends on your play-style. pit seems to me like the balanced land and air fighter with some speed, like mario with wings, but i'll take speed over strength any day. speed and technique look like meta knight, and that just appeals to me. i've yet to play him, and we've still the other unlockables to look at, but i am positive that this will be my main.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
MetaKnight how I have waited your arrival into the SSB world. Finally my favorite Nintendo character has made it into brawl. I always liked him in the Kirby series. I haven't heard much about him from the people at E for All. But hopefully he will become one of my new main characters.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
He really pawnedQUOTE]

lol, pawned

anyways, yeah i also plan to use meta knight, i like him as a character and i am re assured by the fact that his moves look to be good for dealing damage (but not KOing) im used to this already cause its fairly hard to get KOs as sheik who is my current main. Im not however used to the multiple jumps and how good MK is at recovering, so that will be nice, and i hope its not too hard to get used to his lightness.

I use combos in sequence with Charge Smashes so this is the reason why I will be Maining MetaKnight...
You can't "combo" into a charged smash attack, and even if you were able to, MetaKnight's attacks don't combo. They were designed as a string of attacks in succession.

For everyone hoping that Meta Knight will be a combo king, don't hold your breath.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
You can if you concider the various rebound affects and others, it is a fairly different idea...it is very possible, try it in the underground area of temple, basically... Also just to tell you I am more of a Casual player, then a total fanatic

Edit: also arn't Combo's Strings of attacks, I do think I am right on this because in many other games as well that is what a combo is concidering, whether it be a string of attacking buttons/attacks it all works the same way...

You can if you concider the various rebound affects and others, it is a fairly different idea...it is very possible, try it in the underground area of temple, basically... Also just to tell you I am more of a Casual player, then a total fanatic

Edit: also arn't Combo's Strings of attacks, I do think I am right on this because in many other games as well that is what a combo is concidering, whether it be a string of attacking buttons/attacks it all works the same way...
Simply teching will render those "combos" useless on any scale. Meta Knight's attack trejectory isn't suited for executing combo attacks, but short strings.

Yes, stringing attacks is considered a combo, but Meta Knight's string attacks are automated in his attacks. His Fair is 3 slashes, whic can be considered to be a combo. But a combo isn't simply based on an automated move. Stringing two seperate attacks is one of the key elements of combos. Like Nair > Grab or Shine > U-throw > Uair or Bair.

Attack trajectory is the foundation for combo attacks, simple as that.

MKV7222

Smash Rookie
No I bet he will be Medium tier because they are gonna make Kirby a stronger charater so I bet they will upgrade other characters skills.

MKV7222

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight will not be so strong because he has fast attacks so it will take less damage just like Marth in SSBM he is faster than Roy but weaker than Roy. See my point?

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
yes...but ususally

Speed > Strength

i mean look at SSBM donkey kong...

hahaha
yeah DK's real weakness in SSBM is speed
but speed > Strength is not always true
bowser can be really good
and same with ganondorf
and they both aren't fast
even link isn't extremely quick