• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I figure hes either gonna be chasin after the Halberd or hes pretending to be one of the bad guys

Also has anyone seen the video with Wario running off with Zelda? It seems like proof to me that the bad guys like Bowser are somehow working with the Subspace army this would also explain why Koopa's are stealing DK's bananas (sorta)

T-major

Smash Champion
yeah, that Video was cool! the gun Wario used looked awesome. makes me wonder what other wacky contraptions the Subspace army has.

also, theres a SHORT (can't stretch that enough) clip in a E for all video (about E for all in general) of Bowser in a SSE cut scene with DK and diddy after they finds the Bananas, so Bowser has something to do with DK's story. I'm guessing he teams up with King K. Rool, and proceed to pwn noobs together...

Shark X

Smash Lord
I just finished watching it and closed the browser, so I don't have the link. Can't believe Wario Impaled Zelda with that sucker. Then again, I still can't believe Sonic has been confirmed for Brawl.

Anyway, from the video I saw, Gametrailers.com was advertised, so I'm sure if you go there, you can see the video.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I'll likly main with him (but who knows...its him or fox), anyways he has his red eye costum that looks pure evil...Although for one thing I think he is a good balance between speed and power (for like falco to me)

sirusorion

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone asked this already(i didn't feel like reeady the whole thread)
but can meta-knight do his B move out of a shield, like bowser does his ^B out of a shield?

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Probally.

Honestly, I think MK might be the new Combo King... seriously.

Two parts for pretty much everything?. Backsteps. Sneaking from behind. Badass. Awesome alts. A perfect FS?. Everything is a recovery.

Good chance for Top if I do say so meself.
If he can walljump, I now pronounce him top.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
^^ it'd be good if metaknight can walljump....it'd suck pretty bad to glide back to the stage, hit into the wall right under the ledge , and just fall to your death

still, meta doesn't strike me as the walljumping type:ohwell:

MoneyCat

Smash Cadet
Couldn't you just use your recovery move if you hit under the ledge? I don't think he will be able to wall jump though, he really doesn't look like a wall jumper.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't you just use your recovery move if you hit under the ledge? I don't think he will be able to wall jump though, he really doesn't look like a wall jumper.
It worked fine for me, the few times i ended up under the ledge. With the ease of edge grabbing in brawl, MK's upB did the trick. It's hard to imagine MK (and pit) dying any other way besides a KO.

Shark X

Smash Lord
IF Meta Knight is the main villain behind the SE, I'd think he would of been the perfect choice. Cannon-wise, I don't think there's anyone in the Nintendo universe that could take Meta Knight on. I don't care if Kirby always does it, if it was a real fight, I don't see it happening.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I think he does

I saw in a video of him jumping and his wings flapping

so i think so and i think Pit has that as well

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
I am planning to main MK myself, and have been ever since he was announced, as I'm sure some of you are. But, does it bother any of you that people are saying things like he is "noobtastic" "noob friendly" etc... I don't want to be playing with MK and have people say that I'm just using a character thats easy to use or thats for noobs, know what I mean? It's like I would feel much better if people were saying that he was hard to control so i wouldnt feel bad about using him and no one could say anything when I beat them with him. Anyone else feel that way?

Shark X

Smash Lord
Does MetaKnight have multiple jumps like Kirby?
That was old news like, when, 11 months ago?

I am planning to main MK myself, and have been ever since he was announced, as I'm sure some of you are. But, does it bother any of you that people are saying things like he is "noobtastic" "noob friendly" etc... I don't want to be playing with MK and have people say that I'm just using a character thats easy to use or thats for noobs, know what I mean? It's like I would feel much better if people were saying that he was hard to control so i wouldnt feel bad about using him and no one could say anything when I beat them with him. Anyone else feel that way?
Not me. Marth is 'noob friendly', and he's top tier. If Meta Knight was hard to control, I'd be pissed, considering I hate hard to control characters.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I\'m looking for to using him he\'s getting a lot of good review he\'s definitly going to be come one of my main. I\'m going to have a lot of main people when i\'m all said and done i got 5 mains from melee and I want to use Metaknight, Wario, Pit, Snake, Sonic, if kirby has been unnerfied i\'ll go back to using him, and to top all that off i\'ll need to get good Zero Suit Samus as samus is one of my mains and we still dont know who else will be coming into the game.

Top Bottom