• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
I am surprised no one has made this type of thread for metaknight so i took the liberty of doing so. I see amzing wall of pain potential with this character. Him and Mario(who is already my main) are gonna be my main on Brawl. He really pawned in the video too! He was taking on two people at once with no problem ( Mario and Kirby). Sooooo.... topic.

DraKmoN001

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff, permanently equipped with a beam sword... That's the first thing I thought of when I saw Meta Knight, and I wasn't quite so comfortable with that.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
DraKmoN001 said:
Jigglypuff, permanently equipped with a beam sword... That's the first thing I thought of when I saw Meta Knight, and I wasn't quite so comfortable with that.
I trust that Nintendo will give him a weakness in some form or fashion.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
agreed... I'm sorry to say it Drakmon, but it looks like he might have to be as light as Kirby in order to balance him out. :ohwell:

Myztek

Smash Ace
He'll probably be the first character I use. Even if he ends up being mediocre on the tier list, I'm still going to try my hardest to master him.

Kais

Smash Ace
"pawn"?!

I think it's "pwn" but that, my friends, is irrelevant.

Metaknight = amazing

He will surely be my main. Anyone enjoy his cloak shield as much as I did?

~Kais

ryanmercland

Smash Apprentice
U Kno Nothing

DraKmoN001 said:
Well well its apparent u know nothing about Kirby, or that the makers of Kirby make Smash.
But anyways Metaknight iz gonna rule, and u can quote me when I say Kirby is probably gonna be as good as he was on tha first Smash.
So.... get ready to get beat by Metaknight.

kaid

Smash Master
The way I read the trailer, he's seems fairly floaty, with only a decent run but good reach and recovery, so a skilled projectile artist (samus, link, Pit, Megaman) or someone who outreaches him (Marth, maybe Krystal, and if they unnerf him, M2) should be able to defeat him. Still, that's not bad.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
They might make him a fastfaller, like how he is in Nightmare in Dreamland.
Though that'd be strange, a fastfaller with several jumps...

DraKmoN001

Smash Apprentice
ryanmercland said:
Well well its apparent u know nothing about Kirby, or that the makers of Kirby make Smash.
But anyways Metaknight iz gonna rule, and u can quote me when I say Kirby is probably gonna be as good as he was on tha first Smash.
So.... get ready to get beat by Metaknight.
I don't understand what you're trying to get at here, but I was simply making a comparison between Meta Knight and a scenario that we can construct with what we have now.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Metaknight seems top tier, just from that video. Kirby jumps of puff, with 3 Nair attacks in one jump? and if he gets that deflecting cape he used against Pit, that can only add to his brokenness. Unless the game that comes out isnt exactly like the trailer, which it very well may not be.

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight is a great addition to SSBB if you ask me, mainly 'cause SSB needed more Kirby characters, and it was Dedede or Meta Knight, and Meta Knight was the best choice in my opinion (Dedede would be great too, and I doubt they'll not include it too).

It looks like he's going to be able to jump many times, like Kirby or Jigglypuff, I think the feeling of constantly jumping with him will be very similar to that feel on Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, many jumps but a hevy fall on each jump...

His sword combos look great also.

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
I've wanted Meta Knight in Smash Bros. ever since unlocking him in Nightmare in Dreamland; he looks like he'll play just as I imagined him, the ultra-fast/strong badass of blue puffy might.

The cloak may or may not be in the game; it was used in an entirely cinematic aspect.

dizzy

Smash Journeyman
I could see DI making some of his multihitting attacks a lot less useful... unless the first few hits have set knockback or something dumb like that.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Refresh my memory: what's DI/where can I find that defenition on this board?

Also, Metaknight looks pimp. However, a lot of his stuff is multihit and looks like his hits are exceedingly weak, minus his smashes.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
But remember... We don't know anything about these characters... For all we know, Metaknight could be Bottom Tier (Although that is very unlikely). Just before you make claims, make sure you use the words "Most Likely" or "Probably."

Just a side note... MetaKnight is my new main, even if he is bottom tier! =D

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
asianpride3491 said:
Metaknight seems top tier, just from that video. Kirby jumps of puff, with 3 Nair attacks in one jump? and if he gets that deflecting cape he used against Pit, that can only add to his brokenness. Unless the game that comes out isnt exactly like the trailer, which it very well may not be.
They might use that cape as his shield, and then when it gets broken, you can see his Kirby-ish face like the one in Kirby Super Star

Wesley Wicked

Smash Apprentice
just a thought, if metaknights moves were that fast in succesion..i think either his airs are going to lack good knockback or hes going to lack any fatal moves (Fsmash, Dsmash) you get the picture :)

Wesley Wicked

Smash Apprentice
although it didnt show any of zero suit samus's moves, shes my new main yay! because yeah samus is my main in melee so it only seems right to break in the new samus :laugh:

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely playing as Meta knight (I played as Kirby in SSBM). He just looks awesome with his sword combos and his jumps. I think he's going to be quite heavy like a metal kirby. They won't make him invinsible thats for sure. On a side note: NO WARIO

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Its crazy, because we have been asking for it forever, and it actually happened. I think developers really DO listen to us!

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
It looks to me like Metaknight is a multi-jump fastfaller. Which, btw, is super-cool... I'm not Metaknight-obsessed like everyone else I know, but I do enjoy the fact that they're not just making him have the same "puff" physics again.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
mooseproduce said:
It looks to me like Metaknight is a multi-jump fastfaller. Which, btw, is super-cool... I'm not Metaknight-obsessed like everyone else I know, but I do enjoy the fact that they're not just making him have the same "puff" physics again.
yea with all that armor, and the fact that he flies with his devilish wings(not rly "puffing") i imaged like the feel of a metal jiggy/kirby, maybe not to that heavy and extent, but similar

and he totaly looks like a dark kirby without his mask, i nvr played any recent kirbies but kirby's dreamland or w/e, you no, the original one on NES? before the hat fad, anyway, you totaly smack meta nights face off with a sword and he looks like kurby cept his face is black and his out line is a shade of dark indigo

**** metanight is so much hotness

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if for an alternate costume you'd get maskless metaknight? Or I wonder if it's possible to knock it off from some hard blow or something

Plomid

Smash Ace
he´ll of course be my main if and if you have been wondering where my old sig went...
it went the same way as the"me owing everyone something if met doesnt show up" aka the trash

kaid

Smash Master
In the first clip of actual gameplay footage with metaknight, he glides foward to the ground, dashes foward, and strikes mario.

The glide is an even 45 degrees. Metaknight is NOT a fastfaller.

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
Metalknight should be really good. He seems pretty fast and pretty strong but he will be nothing compared to some oether characters in my opinion.

Top Bottom