• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

Brawlman

Smash Ace
The sword beam is too.....Simple. No matter how big it is. It's a sword beam.

A giant tornado is awsome. And Meta seemes to be heading towards a "Spinning" based moveset.

So the Giant Tornado seemes likely.

T-major

Smash Champion
ok people! watch the new hands-on videos! you'll see some new Meta Knight stuff (and new stuff in general)

do you know what this means?

THATS RIGHT!

it's time for........

::T-MAJOR'S SUPER SMASH SUMMARY::

- first off, his Mach Tornado is fully controlable. meaning you can move it left and right, and even up and down. we also now know that it apparently has a limit to how long you can use it for.

- Triple dash has a drill effect, and pushes you forward along with you. this was my initial concept of it, but it's cool that it's confirmed to work that way.

- his final smash (wasn't shown in any videos I've seen, but was commented on) makes the screen go black, and he wildly slices anyone near him.

T-major

Smash Champion
also, metaknight seems to have an english voice actor. and thankfully, its not the 4shame one.
really? I didn't hear him talk at all... I only heard a grunt or two, and I wasn't even sure if it's him or not... what video was it in?

:EDIT:

never mind, I just saw it; and I must say, he has a bad @$$ voice! I have no idea what he said... but it made me giddy like a school girl! his victory theme is cool too.

also, the same video shows that the Triple Dash's curve can be changed while flying forward. AWESOME!

SpikeFiend

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else think metaknight looks overpowered?
His triple dash does massive amounts of damage in the videos, and his tornado has huge range and maneuverability.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I wish those Player Mouses werent covering Marios Overalls.

I wanna see if its a Luigi alt or not.

Also, Meta Knights B IS the Tornado Abillity from the Kirby Games. Whoop de dam flipping great.
And you know how abusive that abillity was in the Kirby games. :p
no, its not. its green and brown, like in melee.

also, I do worry about metaknights balance. even IGN said that metaknight was insanely overpowered. they said that with any other character, each match ended up fair and close. but when they chose metaknight, meta easily won, every time, with minimal effort. I hope he isnt too broken :urg:

T-major

Smash Champion
Does anyone else think metaknight looks overpowered?
His triple dash does massive amounts of damage in the videos, and his tornado has huge range and maneuverability.
so far, yes.... But I trust that things will change to balance him out. this is just the demo after all.

Meta Knights moves look awesome! I'm Maining him, it's decided!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone heard what Meta-Knight's final Smash is?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
so far, yes.... But I trust that things will change to balance him out. this is just the demo after all.

Meta Knights moves look awesome! I'm Maining him, it's decided!
It could just be Metaknight's learning curve is a bit easier than other characters, thats why those who pick him seem to have an advantage.

Alas I cannot watch the vids right now, so what I just said is guesswork.

-Knight

Shuma

Smash Hero
In the one where he wins, he says, "you have yet a lot to learn" or something like that, he speaks like darth vader.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Metaknight seems kinda broken, in every video hes in he won, and not to mention his side B is absolutely sick, and has 5 diferent ways of recovery:

Multiple jumps
gliding
tornado
Upb
and the side B for a fox illusion like recovery

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Metaknight seems kinda broken, in every video hes in he won, and not to mention his side B is absolutely sick, and has 5 diferent ways of recovery:

Multiple jumps
gliding
tornado
Upb
and the side B for a fox illusion like recovery
I just now considered Mach Torando as a recovery...

My god, that's it. If you knock him off the stage, but he doesn't get knocked off the border, he's getting back. Period. Not even edgeguarding can save you now.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Yeah MK seems to have alot of tactics lol cant wait to blast him with a fully charged F.L.U.D.D. shot lol but yeah Meta fans...hes looking real good about now...

Metaknight is broken... He has multiple jumps, can glide, has a b move that makes him invincible, his side b has ridiculous distance, he's very fast, he has several ko moves, he has several damaging moves... What is his weakness?!?!?! D:

Top Bottom