• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Official "How do I deal with this move" Thread

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I feel that the boards are almost dead, so i will make this new thread on how to deal with specific moves with MK.

Week 1: Snakes F-Tilt

Back to the f tilt of snake. Mentioned above I don't think that you can shield grab after the first hit, I found it best to try and shield the whole attack rather then to try to grab him out of his tilt. Another thing you need to worry about is after the first hit of the f-tilt, snake can stop the f-tilt and get a good up-tilt off, be ready for this especially if you get tripped up from the first f-tilt hit. And if you chose to try and shield grab the snake and this happens...bye bye MK.
I think the best way for MK to beat the ftilt is trying to Powershield the first hit. I haven't tested it yet but I'm sure that you get a guaranteed Shuttle Loop after powershielding the first hit of ftilt thanks to the invincibility frames of the Loop (the invincibility frames will override the 2nd hit). I don't think that Powershield to Dashgrab works but maybe the grab armor will at least prevent knockback (although the 21% of the ftilt are the biggest problem....that's more than a 5th of MKs stock mofos!!).
Week 2: ?

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
A perfectly spaced fair will out range the first hit of snake's f-tilt. However, the second hit of snake's f-tilt will hit mk even if it is perfectly spaced. Also, when you are hit by the first part of snake's f-tilt, immediately DI the other way and continuously use up-air to reduce knockback since you guaranteed to get hit by the second part of f-tilt.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The problem is that "perfectly spaced ftilts (or dtilts)" just don't work against Snake to beat his moves. He can use mines and grenades to control the stage and force MK into positions where he cannot space so well or use any move at max range. If MK stays away he can't do anything except finding himself blown up by Nades. If he wants to attack Snake he has to goo for a grab perhaps, since Snake can just take another Nade and shield drop it...either way, against Snake you shouldn't rely on spacing and range unless you have a decent projectile, something MK hasn't.

I think the best way for MK to beat the ftilt is trying to Powershield the first hit. I haven't tested it yet but I'm sure that you get a guaranteed Shuttle Loop after powershielding the first hit of ftilt thanks to the invincibility frames of the Loop (the invincibility frames will override the 2nd hit). I don't think that Powershield to Dashgrab works but maybe the grab armor will at least prevent knockback (although the 21% of the ftilt are the biggest problem....that's more than a 5th of MKs stock mofos!!).

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
What I like to do against a good snake is approach at the appropriate time. Don't approach when the snake is ready for it. A good snake makes sure that there are 2 grenades out in order to keep metaknight away. When he pulls out his second grenade run in and dash grab him. I myself prefer the downthrow on snake due to snakes knockback...its perfect for getting him in the air. A decent downthrow on snake can end up with a couple ariels or even a nado.

Back to the f tilt of snake. Mentioned above I don't think that you can shield grab after the first hit, I found it best to try and shield the whole attack rather then to try to grab him out of his tilt. Another thing you need to worry about is after the first hit of the f-tilt, snake can stop the f-tilt and get a good up-tilt off, be ready for this especially if you get tripped up from the first f-tilt hit. And if you chose to try and shield grab the snake and this happens...bye bye MK.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
we only need 4 moves that beat MK

gernades
ddds grabs
olimar
bannana combos

other then that we basically have the beastestest char.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
shield the 2nd hit. dash grab him afterwards, pummel him to grab release him off the stage, then run off nair nair nair into a shuttle loop. situational, but works well.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You guys should discuss how to deal with this.

OH WAIT, THERE IS NO WAY TO DEAL WITH IT!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL!

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
I love this thread.

Anyways, on a more serious note, I'd say that this would be better off being a question and answer thread of a specific sort. We really don't need a week's worth of discussion on one move (except possibly the unstoppable move that Gates showed us...?). This topic is more of a quick question, quick answer thread. That would make it more fitting to go into the one that we already have, though...

By the way, Gates, you're one of my favorite people on the boards.

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's not such a big deal, marth's countar is more a problem for him than for the opponnent, because if it fails, the punishing will be freakingly easy...
In conclusion, this attack has less advantages than it's defaults, because the percent you give and the knockback of the attack are less importants that what you'll take if you're punished...
Since it's only a mindgame stuff, if you want to deal with it, you only have to see if your opponnent abuse of it or not.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Obviously MK isn't unbeatable but I find this thread amusing. Maybe we don't need to ban MK, just lock the MK boards and that might be enough, lol...

Top Bottom