• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight iz zo brokn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i realise falco cna shoot lasers low enough to hit a ducking kirby
im pretty sure he cant...

and IMO, falcos lasers are better. they are just THAT much spammable, has about same hitstun as lasers, and can be used for approach and can be used for camping. pits arrows are move versatile and can arrow loop and arrow rain them, but overall falco's win.

willgums

Smash Rookie
Snake's down b should be there instead of fox's, you can recover with it and ko with it.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think ppl wud b surprised at how useful olimar's utilt is. It has massive priority does a decent amount of damage and gives you enough space to either continue to attack or to retreat. In my opinion, i think it is better than the mario bros but not sure it shud b any higher than that.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I think ppl wud b surprised at how useful olimar's utilt is. It has massive priority does a decent amount of damage and gives you enough space to either continue to attack or to retreat. In my opinion, i think it is better than the mario bros but not sure it shud b any higher than that.
It might be better than Luigi's but not Mario's because of Mario's Utilt lock; Luigi can sort of do it too but Mario's is more "reliable" and has better vertical range.

viparagon

Smash Ace
yeah i'll trash luigis, but wolfs db stays since its a counter and a reflector.
and I conceded lasers a while ago, but u were too busy arguing to pay attention :laugh: I was thinking merely in terms of edgegaurding and camping (which I still believe pit wins at) but falcos are more versatile as they can be used for approach, comboing, even getting back on to the stage, and can do what pits arrows do (though slighlty worse IMO)

and pits fsmash still rocks;)

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
What is this? 2 days and theres like 10+ pages more!

Should Jiggs Bair be in there?

Does Lucas' Zair even damage? I only use it for tether, so I wouldn't know.

And for some odd reason I keep thinking Wolf's Dsmash should be higher than ROB's. Then again I might be bias again :p

viparagon

Smash Ace
What is this? 2 days and theres like 10+ pages more!

Should Jiggs Bair be in there?

Does Lucas' Zair even damage? I only use it for tether, so I wouldn't know.

And for some odd reason I keep thinking Wolf's Dsmash should be higher than ROB's. Then again I might be bias again :p
yeah, thankfully its pretty active, partially because people feel the need to comment on the fsmash and me replying to every other comment!:laugh:
lucas's zair does NOT to damage! I just put it on because its the only other zair!

jiggs bair isn't QUITE ebough to warrent a position. This game has a lot of good bairs and its range holds it back...
don't know about robs downsmash, its pretty amazing!

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
To the guy who said Pit's arrow techs are useless I ask you this: Have you ever star KO'd someone with an arrow loop? One of the best feelings in the world on top of being incredibly useful. Pit's arrows are pretty great.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
To the guy who said Pit's arrow techs are useless I ask you this: Have you ever star KO'd someone with an arrow loop? One of the best feelings in the world on top of being incredibly useful. Pit's arrows are pretty great.
hey look!
I managed to star KO someone with an arrow loop purely by chance!
VERY USEFUL!
Read my sig!
tripping is useful!
warlock punch! VERY USEFUL!

Understand where I am going?

XienZo

Smash Lord
I think Olimar's down-B should be on the list; it works much faster than Wolf's and is much more reliable in return for damage, but you can also punish with whatever you want and you can still move horizontally, making it possible for Olimar to recover against WOPers.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I think Olimar's down-B should be on the list; it works much faster than Wolf's and is much more reliable in return for damage, but you can also punish with whatever you want and you can still move horizontally, making it possible for Olimar to recover against WOPers.
What?
Wolf's activates as quickly with invincibilit and can cause damage.
Olimars down b just gives him super armor and thats it.
the only reason Wolf has issues is cause, well, he sucks at recovering.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
hey look!
I managed to star KO someone with an arrow loop purely by chance!
VERY USEFUL!
Read my sig!
tripping is useful!
warlock punch! VERY USEFUL!

Understand where I am going?
Hmm, so now you are trying to tell me I'm dealing with someone who doesn't know the difference between luck and skill. Honestly, you must suck at Pit because I can get pretty **** close to 100% hit rating with my arrows, and I don't even own a Wii to practice on.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Hmm, so now you are trying to tell me I'm dealing with someone who doesn't know the difference between luck and skill. Honestly, you must suck at Pit because I can get pretty **** close to 100% hit rating with my arrows, and I don't even own a Wii to practice on.
I agree more with shadowlink here...
its not luck, its just hard to do and extremely situational; there is almost always something better to do...

whats your opinion on the Fsmash, phaine?

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I like Pit's F-smash, I don't know about it being the best...
And I will agree that it is situational, but you'd be surprised at how often I find my opponents hanging up by the upper blast line, thinking that an arrow couldn't possibly kill them. Also this thread is very hard to even judge, what makes something the best? There are definitely cases where it is obvious, but more often then not, no attack is the best all around.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
I like Pit's F-smash, I don't know about it being the best...
And I will agree that it is situational, but you'd be surprised at how often I find my opponents hanging up by the upper blast line, thinking that an arrow couldn't possibly kill them. Also this thread is very hard to even judge, what makes something the best? There are definitely cases where it is obvious, but more often then not, no attack is the best all around.
arrows are good and versatile, but MK's nado, snake's grenades are even more versatile and deal more damage. falco's laser's ability to "combo" into things and its spammablity (yes, more than pit's arrows) plus uses for spacing and mindgames are all greater than arrows imo.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
i would disagree about the spacing thing for pits arrows. Pits arrows are almost perfect in spamming sence because they create an unreflectable almost perfect projectile. against even a normal pit player reflecting it is impossible with the changed trajectory. also there is never a situation where shooting them hurts you, unless they are in ur face lols, pits arrow is also great as u can aim them easily at recoverys ruining 2nd jumps and recoveries as a whole. Finally pits arrows give him huge control over matchups even vs ness or lucas simply because you can curve them away from the reflector. Lasers however not so much. and finally Pit arrows lets him hit targets from where they cannot hit him with projectiles. for instance i am having a projectile war with falco. i can shoot him while doublejumping. he would also have to double jump to hit me. so i can shoot him from multiple positions and can hit all. he can only hit me if he lines up. finally. Pits arrows can Be CHARGED you may think "sowhat" well pits arrows can actually Knock snake off his cypher! o_O

as for f-smash... iunno i dont think pits f-smash is the best i think lucarios is better.

viparagon

Smash Ace
arrows are good and versatile, but MK's nado, snake's grenades are even more versatile and deal more damage. falco's laser's ability to "combo" into things and its spammablity (yes, more than pit's arrows) plus uses for spacing and mindgames are all greater than arrows imo.
thats why everything you mentioned is ahead of arrows:)

Lack of Zelda on uair list is a disgrace.

Big hitbox + insanely low death percents.
theres only ten spots, dude!
its been on and off multiple times!

BTW, I haven't got much discussion on Usmash, fair, dair, or fsmash (besides pit) for a while now) that would be preciated thnx

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I shall repeat.

Look I landed a warlock punch! Very useful!
If you cannot comprehend what i was saying then I shall say it bluntly.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean **** especially when its something that is very highly improbably or rare to occur.
Sonic's Usmash spike is similar.

Even if I did suck with Pit (it has no bearing on the situation at hand and it shows your stupidity )
,if your opponent is stupid enough to get star KO'ed by an arrow, that tells you enough about their skill level.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I can see what you mean. Though there are points I disagree on. I don't believe Snake's grenades are MORE versatile, maybe just as versatile or a little lower. I also think that Pit's arrows have a superior set of mind games. Other than that you are pretty much spot on with my opinions. Falco's laser is better for spacing and combos and has superior spammability. But Pit's arrows have great potential in those areas as well. I won't say whether arrows are better than lasers or not, simply that used in the right way, both are devastating.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
I can see what you mean. Though there are points I disagree on. I don't believe Snake's grenades are MORE versatile, maybe just as versatile or a little lower. I also think that Pit's arrows have a superior set of mind games. Other than that you are pretty much spot on with my opinions. Falco's laser is better for spacing and combos and has superior spammability. But Pit's arrows have great potential in those areas as well. I won't say whether arrows are better than lasers or not, simply that used in the right way, both are devastating.
yea i guess so
on a unrelated note...seeing as i use pit as one of my secondaries...i REALLY need to take some to learn all the AT's for it. xD

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
I would be more interested in solving the zoning issue really.
= \
actually i was only referring to my own places to improve with pit. not the problems the character has in general. anyways i brough that up because phaigne said the arrows were very versatile, which i wouldn't know too much about except when i lurked the pit boards there were a lotta ATs.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
To ShadowLink:
I think you missed my point completely. You previously said Pit's ATs were useless. I was just clarifying that they were not useless, merely situational. And if you try and argue that being situational makes them useless, you are an idiot. You will always be in some sort of situation, and Pit has ATs that cover many situations, even if they aren't all common.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
To ShadowLink:
I think you missed my point completely. You previously said Pit's ATs were useless. I was just clarifying that they were not useless, merely situational. And if you try and argue that being situational makes them useless, you are an idiot. You will always be in some sort of situation, and Pit has ATs that cover many situations, even if they aren't all common.
Apparently the posts I made on the subject or non-existent.
Pits AT's are EXTREMELY situational and there are many other things in the game that do the same thing not only faster, but BETTER.
The only thing that can really be said to be useful is Pit's angelic step and thats debatable because it does not rid him of the zoning issue.

Sonic's spinshot>Pit's arrow loop/arrow rain
Snake's DAC>pit's arrow loop/arrow rain
Ic's desyncing>Pit's arrow loop/arrow rain.

Those moves are have much more applications, are much faster to perform, and do something.

I hate to say it but EL is right.
Rather than focusing on WTF anglic arrow loopy rain of awesome. Should be focusing on things that deal with Pit's character issue because the top Pit players do NOT use these AT's regularly. only time they do, is when they can et away with it, which is RARE.

Blargh Fthrows suck dude!
uhh Ike's Fthrow? its an infinite against a wall.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you, but I find being able to rain arrows on my opponent anywhere on the stage pretty useful. Besides, It's not like when I go into a match I go and loop every arrow. It is situational, but useful.

viparagon

Smash Ace
come to the pit boards and say ATs are useless. youd only be the 100th guy to change his mind.
there not useless, just extremely situational, which often equates to less useful in real life. if you look at the top moves theyare VERY versatile, helping the character perform well in multiple ways at almost anytime. in general, its better to just shoot straight.

fthrows, anyone?;)

XienZo

Smash Lord
Olimar can still KO nicely with Fthrow, especially since he can grab opponents off the ledge.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
shadow, stop being so opinionated you are starting to get blinders on for ppls opinions.
this isnt the MK ban discussion so why dont you settle down a bit.
example

I would be more interested in solving the zoning issue really.
ready for...
fthrow?

You must be joking.
Clearly you don't know what zoning is if you are saying something so silly.
im pretty sure that as the thread maker all he was saying was that he wanted to discuss f-throws now and you take him completely out of context and start going on a tangent on how he should stop posting in his own thread...

on topic, kirby, ike, wolf fox and pit all have CGs with their f-throw
p.s. i dont feel like you talking aobut it any more, cause its old, but i am just going to say that if thats your synopsis of arrows, vipar, than you are highly nder estimating them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom