• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape - hope you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

acv

Smash Journeyman
can anybody post a vid of someone doing it to stall for more than 5 minutes?

M@v

Subarashii!
As I said back on the 1st page of this discussion, this would make metaknight god tier. Metaknight is my secondary, but I support Yuma on this. It should be banned outright. Not only is it stalling, it basically says" O, Im invincible AND you cant see me. I can show up wherever I want". More importantly, it would impossible for the time limit to work, cause TO's cant hover over every MK player. And you know it would be abused. Watch, if this isnt banned outright, eventually tourneys will be this: Every match, MK vs MK, Invisible the whole time. This tech sounds really hard to master, but there are people with no lives out there, who will sit in their house for 48hours straight practicing this and master it.

Nokon

Smash Apprentice
why not make tournies 10 minutes ... i want to see someone endure ten minutes of that :]

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Does this really need to be banned though? Think about it, Metaknight has a decent amount of frames where he's vulnerable as he comes out to attack. In tournament matches, players use names, meaning that you'll still be able to see where he is. What's more, due to how physically demanding it is, I can't really see it being used to stall. And if it is used to stall, then it would be blindingly obvious like Jigglypuff's rising pound.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Yeah... Nessbounder has a good point...

IMO, if someone can do that for 8 minutes, they deserve to win....

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Lol I'd love to see someone try to stall out the full 8 min... I don't think it's possible really..

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
This thread already has almost 8 thousands views lol.

Niko, you exaggerate. It's not such a big deal as you people make it out to be. Don't get me wrong, I don't think MK was really in need of extra help, but still, all this talk of "zomg god tier" or whatever is complete nonsense.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
god if i did that in a match with you, i want you to punch me in the face if i go longer than 50 secs, then i became god doing so.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
fatman, every1 has been saying that all day, peoples oppion wont change on the tech though. haha
I figured as much but I think people are blowing it out of proportion none-the-less. Honestly, the people freaking out about the possibility of there being someone out there that can actually do this for more than a minute at a time is phenomenally funny to me. I will say one thing though, this makes for a unbelievably good approach. I'm going to test this online later tonight to see if this really is the case or if I'm giving this technique more credit then it deserves.

acv

Smash Journeyman
are you high??
no i am not,i think...

anyways if you are saying that because its nearly impossible to stall the match for 5 min in a row without messing up,your controller messing up or your hand messing up then why do people want this banned.if you think its hard to do it for 5 min what makes every1 think its possible to do it for 8 min.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
And like...a smart player could even use this to beat a stupid metaknight. Say for instance you see Metaknight go invisible, then quickly run to the edge of the stage and hold down A (rapid jab) that Metaknight is not going to be able to attack you without getting hit. So they'll stall...and then the adjudicator will go "HAH! PWNED!" and hit them over the head with a massive squeaky b& hammer.

I mean...Lucario can just charge his aura sphere. and Metaknight won't likely be able to hit him.

Also, this thing is REALLY HARD TO AIM. Dimension cape is already hard enough to aim as it is. If you're CONSTANTLY moving back and forth, it's going to be really difficult to get exactly the right strike.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This reminds me of when people first found out about laser-locking.

Before any of you say ANYTHING about this, go try it.

Seriously. Before you formulate ANY opinion about this, try it and see how it turns out.

This tech is VERY hard. Like...I can JC shines in melee easier then I can do this. Hitting up on the C-stick that fast REALLY makes your finger hurt. A LOT. I would LOVE to see someone do this for over a minute.

samdaballer

Smash Ace

Seriously. Before you formulate ANY opinion about this, try it and see how it turns out.

This tech is VERY hard. Like...I can JC shines in melee easier then I can do this. Hitting up on the C-stick that fast REALLY makes your finger hurt. A LOT. I would LOVE to see someone do this for over a minute.
Very true, it's outright stupid to ban something that hasn't been put to practice, I also doubt anyone can stall for more than 10 seconds with this.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Ok I can't even get this for....well.....at all. Do you have to have tap jump turned on or something? I'm seriously like vibrating my finger and I can't get it.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman

dude thank you so much i am trying to tell people this, they think its simple, it hurts to do for a long time, and sheet..... you can easily break your controller doing this stuff.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can understand people wanting to ban this immediately. I thought the same until I tried it.

I don't have an opinion currently, I want to test it more before I decide if I think it should be banned or not. But actually try to do this before saying things people. It might change your mind.

acv

Smash Journeyman
Ok I can't even get this for....well.....at all. Do you have to have tap jump turned on or something? I'm seriously like vibrating my finger and I can't get it.
first try doing it on wifi.remember to hold down while you press c-stick up.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
QUOTED FOR F'ing EMPHASIS /caps
Even though I'm against a character ban I really wouldn't mind if Meta knight did get the ban hammer for this...Meta knight is the only thing holding Sheik down and with him gone Sheik only bad match up would be Wario and ROB, which are winnable.
Edit: Ice climbers are bad too ._.

Anyways I think this should be banned immediately as any type of limiter could be bypass by just starting another infinite cape upon return.

Unless a limiter of how many time you can do this per match and a time limit is include this will be taken advantage of.

This should be banned.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Another thing...considering that you can also see where Metaknight is thanks to the name floating over his head, you can just wait until he comes close to you and then put up a shield or roll. Dimension cape is extremely unsafe on block. I'm actually hoping that this won't be banned, because if Metaknights start using it too much, they'll be a lot easier to beat.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Even though I'm against a character ban I really wouldn't mind if Meta knight did get the ban hammer for this...Meta knight is the only thing holding Sheik down and with him gone Sheik only bad match up would be Wario and ROB, which are winnable.

Anyways I think this should be banned immediately as any type of limiter could be bypass by just starting another infinite cape upon return.

Unless a limiter of how many time you can do this per match and a time limit is include this will be taken advantage of.

This should be banned.
How about a limiter of HUMAN ABILITY?

Infinite JC shines in melee were not banned, even though they would clank every move and hit grabs <_<. Because it was impossible to do them that fast for that long lol.

I am pretty good at doing the same thing with my fingers for a long time and moving them fast:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8maEf7vGc5Y

This is REALLY hard. Try it. People will NOT be able to stall with this. IF they can...god I would love to see it haha.

acv

Smash Journeyman

This should be banned.
so you want the character as a whole banned because of a technique that many people cant do for more than 10 sec?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The irony of this situation is too great. The back room wants to ban something this hard to do that has questionable practicality immediately while something like the Ness infinite, something that a kitchen sponge could do, is allowed. Oh well...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The irony of this situation is too great. The back room wants to ban something this hard to do that has questionable practicality immediately while something like the Ness infinite, something that a kitchen sponge could do, is allowed. Oh well...
And how exactly do you know what the back room wants to do?

You don't.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
dude thank you so much i am trying to tell people this, they think its simple, it hurts to do for a long time, and sheet..... you can easily break your controller doing this stuff.
Then Quote my post in your first post so people realize that >_>..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom