• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Worst Matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
OK I know someone probably did this, but I need advice, being new to competitive brawling, and I'm getting a little sick of Meta Knight players who use annoying combos, such as getting you above them in the air and using in the air up-a, up-a, up-a, up-a until your KO'ed. So I'd like to know what are Meta Knight's worst players to fight against, and what would be the general ideas on how to KO him, or advanced strategies, if you would be so kind. But please, be very, very descriptive.

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake, diddy, falco, ice climbers. MK still has a slight advantage over these characters but if you don't want to ditto these are your best choices

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Thanks for that info, I just wish I was better with those characters, I'm average with Snake, Diddy, and IC, but luckily I am typically good with Falco, in fact I main him, but I main like 7 characters, doesn't Sonic have an advantage such as speed though?

etecoon

Smash Hero
sonic relies on either matchup inexperience, lack of patience, or an overwhelming skill advantage to beat meta knight. his actual MU with MK is in no way exceptional

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
sonic relies on either matchup inexperience, lack of patience, or an overwhelming skill advantage to beat meta knight. his actual MU with MK is in no way exceptional
Ah, thanks for the info.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
id have to disagree with that etecoon. Sonic has a decent matchup vs MK compared to the rest of the cast. Definitely not as good as Snake,Falco, Diddy, and Wario but pretty good nonetheless. The thing that is interesting about that matchup is alot of the problems that usually destroy other characters Sonic has a easy time dealing with. And sonic doesnt get gimped so thats a plus. Its also easier for him that other characters to avoid getting followed up and he damage racks like no other. Any MK whose played a legitimate Sonic will tell u that. And yes i play with good ppl; i play with Tyrant and Haze quite a bit ( i need to hit those fools up). Also few sonics know how much we can punish MK offstage unlike most characters.

It is an interesting matchup to say the least.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I agree on the statement of the castrated opinion that damage is easily dealt off-stage to MK whenever facing Sonic, as Sonic, is a character whom is fast in the stage, but so is MK so, doesn't that more make it a draw between them in the air?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'd agree that sonic's MK MU is above average for his tier placement, but in general? not so much. he def does better than you'd expect all things considered, I'm just saying(and you agreed with me) that it's not like snake/diddy/falco

Prawn

Smash Master
ganon is like 70-30 with mk IIRC.

defiantly the best mk counter

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Well thanks for that info, peeps, although I'd still like info such as strategies against MK.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
the best thing for you do vs MKs is know actually learn the matchup. Also look at the frame data (if its legit) and see what moves can punish the most common attacks of MK. like Dsmash, Nado, SL, Fairs, Dair, etc. DI ing away from his follow ups aids u so much as Di is alot of the times ur only escape option vs meta follow ups

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
if you use a character with a uair that matches or beats his dair(Falcon's uair, ganons uair, Ic's Uair etc.) Always try to get him above.

Spotdodges Are good against mk due to the inmensely quick start up lag an ending lag of his attacks.
Learn how to deal with nado(lot's of moves beat it, but it is inmensely reccomended to use a low lag attack)
Play defensive(depends on the character you are using, though most of the time the matchup relies on playing defensive)

Always avoid CPing Brinstar,RC an Delfino.

Characters that go even with him(60-40 or better)

Diddy- 50-50
Snake-50-50
MK(loldittos)-50-50
Ic's-45-55 Mk
Falco(with the right ruleset)50-50
Wario- 60-40 Mk
I hear Sonic doesn't do bad against him.

There are others

Uffe

Smash Hero
Meta Knight and worst match-ups in the same title and sentence? Does Meta Knight even have any bad match-ups?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
As if you haven't noticed, Meta Knight's most difficult matchups are Falco, Snake, Diddy, Wario, and Ice Climbers.

In all honesty, I think Falco is his worst matchup. Most of us have witnessed what Larry (aka DEHF) can do to Meta Knights. Falco has serious potential as a really skilled and annoying character. People even considered the matchup to be in Falco's advantage but for now it is even. It takes work, lots of it, but I'd say you could do the best with Falco. No lie, Wario/Snake/Ice Climbers/Diddy can be great too, but as a Falco main, it may be a bit biased, but I truly believe Falco's the best route to go.

But honestly, you should play a character you like (hopefully a good one, lol) and learn the matchup. The game isn't just about learning matchups. Have fun with it.

As for strategies, don't be up in his business all the time. Meta Knight will rip you apart if you're too aggressive. Don't get me wrong, offensive play is good at times but most of the time you should play it smart, camp if you can, and do NOT force kills. This will most likely get you punished. Oh, and do NOT stale (overuse, therefore decrease strength of) your kill moves...you'll want them to work as nice as possible.

Good luck. :)

judge!

Smash Ace
as the rest have said

wario/snake/diddy/falco/ice climber. do the best

lucario/marth/sonic/fox dont do to bad...u can probebly pull off some wins to matchup inexp.

a smart cp is to take them to fd....if they didnt ban it =P.

Also a lot of mks suck on YI iv kinda noticed. idk why....

also wario vs mk on bf is really hard for wario. You have a wayyy better chance on fd,Yi,ps1,sv. Its way to hard to land on bf against mk.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I dont understand really how Wario can do anything, honestly he's slow, and not extremely powerful.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I dont understand really how Wario can do anything, honestly he's slow, and not extremely powerful.
Apparently you haven't seen a good Wario in action. Fiction, Shadow, Phantom X and Zebra are the best Warios I know of, look for some YouTube vids.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS, apparently is thought to go even with MK by the florida region (seibrik, redhalberd, nickriddle, and others agree) but it is debatable. There's a thread about it in the ZSS forums if anyone wants to contribute intelligently.

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
doesnt MK only have 1 bad match up which is diddy with a 55 - 45....... the rest are 50 - 50 and worse so basically brawl has no meta game just a Meta Knight!!!

OverLade

Smash Hero
ZSS, apparently is thought to go even with MK by the florida region (seibrik, redhalberd, nickriddle, and others agree) but it is debatable. There's a thread about it in the ZSS forums if anyone wants to contribute intelligently.
ZSS does not go even with MK. I don't know the matchup and Seibrik usually beats Nick Riddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom