• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight+

JayFizzy

Smash Cadet
Yeah, sorry about playing the computer. I know its nooby but there is nothing i can do, no one around me plays brawl+ and im 14 so i cant drive anywhere.

What throws are best at high percents? Is Fthrow good at high because it seems to send them to high up for any follow ups.

Beat

Smash Ace
Fthrow can lead to Shuttle Loop at almost any percent below 200... Honestly, to win with Metaknight, you need to kill them before those high percents. Meta excels when the enemy is at low percents, his combos take people towards ledges when done correctly, and his offstage capabilities are only rivaled by ROB. If you have to kill at high percent, use a well-placed nair, upB, fsmash or if the enemy's light, a simple upair. His dsmash and the back of his dair are also surprising killmoves at higher percents.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
MK can use his Tornado again?!?!?!

Newest set, that horrid endlag on his tornado was cut and he was given transcendent priority for all the hitboxes.

"Transcendent priority?! Broken!"

Saxon Hale says "Think again!"
TP on the move means a few things. First of all, know the insane priority it had in vBrawl? Gone! It can no longer clash with ANYTHING. Yep, it will never beat out one of your attacks, and better yet EVERY projectile will go right through to smack MK.

Is MK trying to pressure you up close?
"Whoa whoa whoa! Easy there sloppy milkshakes!"
Shield the attack and punish!

Is MK trying to use it as an approach mixup?
Abuse that TP and hit it with a projectile or decent ranged attack!

"So your telling me that MK has a faster tornado again, but I can easily hit him out of it, or punish accordingly?"
Why yes I am!

I had fun typing that.
Discuss MK's new tornado and how TP on the move effects the balance. Gogogo!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
about time they figured out a way to make the Tornado fair (at least it sounds fair in theory craft), but MK has so much more than just tornado up his sleeve. He still gimps well off stage, and he's good at comboing into a ledge guard opportunity. Honestly, I think he's still the best character in the game by a large margin.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
How is he still the best character? Tornado gets wrecked my projectiles now, making him more susceptible to characters like Samus and Falco and dies like a fly swatter to characters like Boozer and Snake (who is now better than MK)

BG3

Smash Journeyman
How many many characters do you think are currently better than Meta Knight besides Snake? Fox is probably the only other person I'd say.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Shiek, DK, Boozer, off the top of my head.

Maybe post-nerfed D3 as well.

Samus (even imo, but I can see people saying advantaged to her)

Falco, too.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
He's still hella good. No doubt. But best in the game? lawl.

And with more stages popping up. I'm bound to see one that does absolutely **** to little to help MK. Like Wario Ware, imo. Its mad easy to kill MK there and harder for him to gimp as you can ride up the walls. And so many characters can platform **** harder than he could dream off now.

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Meta still has a lot of things that made him good previously. It's harder for him to kill maybe with singular moves, but he still kills with his other methods just fine. Just play him defensively.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Fair still kills the way it used too.

And so does Fsmash. And Nair.

You dont need to play him defensively. He can still play aggressively.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
He's still friggin good. He can still limit your options and shuttle loop will still screw you over.

Nair, not so much.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You think he's out of the question for being best in the game? lawl.
I refuse to believe that coupled with all the nerf's he gotten, freshly attached with the ability to have his one of his most annoying moves beaten out sooo much easier now, and the collective buffs of the rest of the roster with his natural weaknesses magnified more than his natural strengths, that MK is the best in the game. At the absolute best, maybe top 3. But never top 1.

His natural abilities will only go so far.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The nerfs he's gotten really don't matter. Nor does anything done to his tornado. His character design is what makes him amazing, and that hasn't changed at all.

Natural weaknesses? :laugh: Like what? He's light but that's hardly a real weakness. He lacks straight-up kill power but he doesn't need it.

I think he's 2nd only to Lucario. I could very well be wrong though. It's too early to be sure of anything.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Being light is a real weakness in this game. :p

Getting killed below 80 even with Good DI due to a mistake against a power house that isnt as gimpable as before matters.

I never said his natural weaknesses mattered by a super huge amount now, but they've been magnified by a good deal. To the point where you can't simply shrug of his light weight.

The simple concept of momentum canceling being removed also adds to how he can't just be like, "o hey i'm really light but i dont care i can just live to twice my originally expected life spawn because i can cancel hitstun coupled with good DI, even against heavies."

He has to work twice as hard for his kills and sometimes, even his gimps while the work needed to kill him has been reduced by a noticeable amount.

I think he's below characters like Falco and Diddy and Wario now. With disadvantages/even match ups that are more than just 3 characters.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
^Like you would know, cuz i bet you don't use him.

I'd like to suggest one buff for metaknight, his dimension cap's slash attack. It's completely worthless atm. It does about 13-14 damage, but not only is it difficult to land, it's weak in ko power, and whiffing the attack leaves him wide open, all it does is put the player at risk for lack luster amount of damage. I suggest the slash on his d-cap get a boost in ko power, so it encourages mk users to use the move more often, not to mention it would look totally awesome. It'd be a new ko move for metaknight, and it takes practice to use effectively, which is different from metaknight's usual easy methods of elimination(up b, nair). Give it around the same ko power as his forward smash.

Veril

Frame Savant
There's actually a fix for MK's infinite dimensional cape glitch that has the side effect of making his down-b somewhat less useless by making c-stick input result in an early slash (same mediocre qualities in regards to speed, still his worst move, no longer a completely unbeatable stalling technique). Alternately he could be made to simply reappear without using the slash. Which one is used will depend on the B+broom consensus... Either way, the IDC glitch is gonna be removed! :D

The IDC fix is the final change he will see. MK is not getting changed any further. So, lets discuss the MK vs. Bowser matchup and pat ourselves on the back for escaping the epic b******* that was the vBrawl MK-ban debacle.

Bowser: what a jerk... discuss! I'll chime in after I get home from class at like... 11pm O.o

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Meta Knight+ is fun. I love him because I've always loved MK, but would feel bad picking him in vBrawl cause he is grossly overpowered. This MK seems simple to some, but I wouldn't necesarily say that that is true.

Against Bowser, I'd think that you can fight him like a Sonic fights most people. Good dash attack, dashing grabs, well spaced dash canceled Dsmashes, etc. Bowser doesn't SA in the air, so take advantage of that when you throw him up, he gets on a platform, or jumps in general.

I love B+ Bowser and Meta Knight. >=]

Veril

Frame Savant
Once we get the ledge-invincibility decay working, MK's truly BS tactic (planking) will be dealt with... and we'll have removed the infinite dimensional Cape glitch... and there will be much rejoicing.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
MK Minus = Brawl-

Because I already had a complaint to change it...lol

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Im not talking about the idc, im talking about the slash from the attack itself. That's what i want buffed.

Veril

Frame Savant
I realize that. The only reason Dimensional Cape is getting changed is to remove the IDC. The fact that it becomes more usable offensively is a known and acceptable side-effect of that fix. No other change to dimensional cape is going to occur.

bleyva

Smash Ace
i never used MK in vbrawl, but for some reason he's hella fun in B+.

noob question; any explanation as to how/why his nair was changed? i never thought of it as needing a change, but then again i just started using him so what do i know :p

Veril

Frame Savant
It could combo break like you wouldn't believe, in addition to comboing, wracking up massive damage, and killing. It was changed by making it one hit (like a sex kick), less damage, and the startup lag was increased.

I miss his old nair but its still mad good.

zaf

Smash Lord
I didn't see a change list here, but i was wondering if i could get it? Does someone here have it?
I mained mk in vbrawl, and i still use him in b+. There are some changes i heard of, like the removal of invincibility frames on the upb, but im sure there are more.
tyty

edit: anyone?

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Im still fighting for the d-cape slash buff, what im asking for is nothing ridiculous, just a slight buff in ko power, ive had fights where i landed d-cape slash on someone at 140 and they still wouldn't die. It's ridiculous that an attack that takes that much skill and effort to land, doesn't at least ko at 110-120 on average weight characters and that's what im asking for.

Veril

Frame Savant
You haven't seen the new dimensional cape. When you do, you're probably going to need to change your pants. Its able to cancel early into the slash AND doesn't have the infinite stall! Seriously, its a lot better and no longer requires a surgical rule to deal with IDC.

zaf

Smash Lord
was kinda hoping for a bit more with the DC reworking. The ending animation still seems laggy, which is the biggest problem i had with the move. Missing sucks a lot with it, and there is a lot of time to get punished for not much of a reward. The cancel is cool and all, i like it, downb mindgames,

Top Bottom