• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight+

I LAG

Smash Lord
i seriously think mk needs some sort of a buff so he can at least have an even match up against the bigger characters like dk and bowser. maybe make the up-tilt sweetspot have alot more KBG so you could maybe kill a dk on 100-130%

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Nice points, anything leading to a character guide though?
SAdly, no :( I wish, but I don't have enoguh info. I'm just keeping this thread up because MK is unpopular in B+.

On a side-note, I think he got dethroned from tthe tier list in b+.

Marth and fox outrank him I think.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I haven't played B+ yet, I will be playing it today...

But, does D-tilt work well on shields now that there is stun? I would imagine it would be incredible, as it was incredible even in vBrawl.

Revven

FrankerZ
I haven't played B+ yet, I will be playing it today...

But, does D-tilt work well on shields now that there is stun? I would imagine it would be incredible, as it was incredible even in vBrawl.
It still is incredible at shield poking and it essentially allows you to Dtilt their shield until they are pushed away from you or they let go and you can either follow up with a dash attack or a grab to Dthrow. It does have a little more wind-down now however, not a WHOLE LOT but enough to make Dtilt not as potent but it still has what it could do before.

Keep in mind that when you play MK, he's still really ****ing good and he wasn't nerfed to hell and gone as the idea here is to get everyone to be viable. Perhaps when the others become viable and more dangerous, MK may have some legit counters. Kirby is an excellent example of a pretty close counter to MK. But in any case, feel free to experiment at your own free will and own the crap out of people with MK (because he's just that good).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I admit. It seems more useful. It's fun to randomly KO with it though...

Have you tried ledgehogging with that thing? It's so amazing. The hitbox stage out there for an absurd amount of time.

Also, I KO'd a Link at 188% with Down B last nigth. I did nothing but laugh my *** off.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I just realized this, but I think out of like 20 threads i've made, this is one of only two ones that hasn't been locked. And the other one ( BBC ) is dead. I kinda suck at obeying posting rules,

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
mk is pretty good in this game
off-stage gimps are good
his nerfs outweigh the natural buffs he got from b+ though. he's still really good.

my MK ***** everyone haha can't wait for B+ tourneys in my area =D

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I think Sheik goes even, maybe even slightly advantaged against MK now.

and I think that WW is not a good stage for MK considering he can't kill as well so the stage size works more against him than for him as he's easier to kill, and the stage walls means characters with all jumps and clings can survive easier and once we fix the wall jump mechanic, it'll be easier to survive via the wall.

The platforms make it easier for characters that can combo well with platforms to combo and kill MK as I don't believe MK works well with platforms.

The short distance of thes stage makes it easier to punish MK for a blocked nado/harder for MK to nado without being punished.

MK's light weight makes vertical KO's easy as well, and Shiek has 2 real good vertical killers. Uair and Usmash.

MK has no vertical kill moves himself so once again the platforms work more against him than for him.

Hell, Marth could possibly go even with MK on WW. His fair covers the whole entire space between platfroms and the space from the stage to platfrom. His utilt goes through each level directly above him.

Snake would have a field day with MK on this stage.

You see where I'm coming from?

Simply because of MK's increased landing lag, makes WW's short length a somewhat unfavorable stage against MK. :V

At least imo.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
I think Sheik goes even, maybe even slightly advantaged against MK now.

and I think that WW is not a good stage for MK considering he can't kill as well so the stage size works more against him than for him as he's easier to kill, and the stage walls means characters with all jumps and clings can survive easier and once we fix the wall jump mechanic, it'll be easier to survive via the wall.

The platforms make it easier for characters that can combo well with platforms to combo and kill MK as I don't believe MK works well with platforms.

The short distance of thes stage makes it easier to punish MK for a blocked nado/harder for MK to nado without being punished.

MK's light weight makes vertical KO's easy as well, and Shiek has 2 real good vertical killers. Uair and Usmash.

MK has no vertical kill moves himself so once again the platforms work more against him than for him.

Hell, Marth could possibly go even with MK on WW. His fair covers the whole entire space between platfroms and the space from the stage to platfrom. His utilt goes through each level directly above him.

Snake would have a field day with MK on this stage.

You see where I'm coming from?

Simply because of MK's increased landing lag, makes WW's short length a somewhat unfavorable stage against MK. :V

At least imo.
That's really good to hear, now MK has some legit counters.

Smash Master
MK still has a ton of really unfair moves in terms of speed, range, and (infinite) priority. I'm pretty sure his f-tilt outranges Ike's f-smash.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
@Gurukid: Isn't what Neko stated a little bit true? e.g. "MK's light weight makes vertical KO's easy".

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
@Gurukid: Isn't what Neko stated a little bit true? e.g. "MK's light weight makes vertical KO's easy".
That was true in vBrawl too...

This argument is fruitless until someone really good starts using MK+ in tournaments and proves where he stands. I still personally believe that MK+ is the best by a fair margin.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
There are known.
Its completely unflattering to play a nerfed character. Even if it was needed.

:/

Most players also don't like MK from his vBrawl. I am one of those players. I am willing to give the ******* a chance though.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Eh, played MK around today. You guys really hit his Up B haaaaard. With good DI you can expect to live at around 170-180% with most characters.

Smash Master
He's still faster and rangier than everyone else. Only difference is you can actually live to 150 against him, provided you don't get gimped.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
We hit his up B hard with good reason, mind you.

Does anyone else thing his Down B is alot more useful now?

Or am I just too good with MK.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
We hit his up B hard with good reason, mind you.

Does anyone else thing his Down B is alot more useful now?

Or am I just too good with MK.
I honestly don't know.
I haven't used it. What does it now do?

Top Bottom