• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight+

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yea. That was mikeHAZE.

He think's B+ is fun.

but yea, down B has better mindgame potential overall because the holes that open when it's used right yield more reward. That and Down B when you hit with it is alot less punishable than before.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
That's nice. so, are we gonna go back to discussing the CF matchup?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I bumped this to consider a soliution to MK. MK won't need anymore attack nerfs if you have his sword moves follow the rules of priority. Isn't there a special flag in PSA the all of MK moves have that gives the sword attacks sans the glide attack transcedent priority? Is it possible to change that?

Revven

FrankerZ
Removing TP on all of his attacks would allow MK to destroy projectiles and at the same time, allow them to clank with normal attacks. It's a double-edged sword which isn't being done. Something else got done instead, which you will see soon.

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
^ This, though actually hitting MK could be a problem. His priority is the polar opposite of the captain's, so...

This isn't a matchup I have any experience with, but it doesn't seem like one CF can win well. Especially since MK's gimping game absolutely destroys CF's moderately predictable recovery.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Falcon just has to sync to the stage's music and lay the beat down on MK :V
(wishes he had that clip on hand to post)

jalued

Smash Lord
haha i love how no one can take the MK vs falcon matchup seriously :p everyone knows it'll always be bout 60-40 or worse against falcon.

whats this MK nerf i hear of?????????

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Which is too bad, because that means there isn't a good indicator of MK's level... So nerfs could end up being too much/too little.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Casts life spell on thread. Thread revived.
The MK who won in 5ive's vbrawl tourny using MK got 9th place in b+. There are a few vids on 5ives thread. Basically tornado is darn near close to being unsafe on hit and is lol on block. Whenever the MK used nado he got punished with a running upsmash from 1/2 FDs away and died.

If you count nado as a projectile like falco's laser or something because basically it only does chip damage and and is easy to shield, the risk is stupidly high. There isn't really reason to use it anymore.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Tornado seems to me to be one of the worst moves in the game.

N-air is still ridiculous, though. that move is amazing.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
Even without whornado though, MK still seems pretty crazy, with huge range, speed and priority, with a ton of safe options at all times. Plus, of course, his godly recovery.

It's true, though, that there aren't enough MK+ players to accurately gauge his strength...

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Nado is a terrible move, as Rayku said it's easily one of the worst moves in the game. It can't combo to anything, is terrible on block and even when it hits you have no advantage. It basically resets it to a zero point. The only time I use it is in a 4 player FFA to fly through the group if all the other 3 are grouped up, even then it still sucks.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I would REALLY love to make MK hard to use. I'm fine with him being really good, but why not make an effort to make him like Melee Fox/Falco- hard to use, legitimate weaknesses, but big reward for mastering him. I'm not saying to keep MK broken, but y'know. Just nerfing him is okay I guess, but what if we gave him trade-offs for some ATs?

This doesn't just apply to MK either. G&W and others could use the same treatment. I'm having an easier time thinking of ATs for G&W than I am for MK though. Any ideas?

jalued

Smash Lord
I would REALLY love to make MK hard to use. I'm fine with him being really good, but why not make an effort to make him like Melee Fox/Falco- hard to use, legitimate weaknesses, but big reward for mastering him. I'm not saying to keep MK broken, but y'know. Just nerfing him is okay I guess, but what if we gave him trade-offs for some ATs?

This doesn't just apply to MK either. G&W and others could use the same treatment. I'm having an easier time thinking of ATs for G&W than I am for MK though. Any ideas?
What about if only MK had one airdodge and went into freefall after airdodge. Would definately be unique to him and make his recovery worse :D

no direction though, brawl airdodge with freefall after.

thats all i can think off, MK is just too ****ing solid as a character base

still thinking....

how about reverse lucario effect, the higher damage he has, the weaker he is, so must rely on gimping.

yeah i know prob **** ideas but meh, u got any better ones?

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Double negative makes that sentence less sensical.

And why wouldn't we make Metaknight hard to use, even if he's "fine as he is"? Which he's not. He's too good still, and incredibly easy to master.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Up-air is always going to be a better option than up-smash or up-tilt. No need to make one of MK's only bad moves good.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Since the shuttle and the nado are both nerfed, what do you guys think about down-b as a finisher for combos? Especially the uair ones if you got the opponent high, I think it kills pretty early.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
tornado definitely is not the 'worst' move in the game, nor is it the worst move he has. It still has the same priority right? if so then certainly it works great as a get back to the stage for free card if someone comes off the stage even a little bit to pressure you upon recovering. Really the only stage its unsafe to hit on is maybe fd, other stages you have platforms to help you keep safe after you pop them up. His jab is certainly a worse move than the tornado lol.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
and honestly I don't find Up smash to be that bad. It probably could Link a bit better but other than that its a decent move.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Metaknight is still easily the best teammate in the game. Especially paired with a character with decent kill potential (Ganondorf, Snake, etc...). In singles, I don't believe he's too overpowered at all (I think Ness/Falco/Bowser/other characters) can handle him pretty readily

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Those were some pretty random name drops you had there, how does bowser stand a chance?

Btw, no need to discuss yet, metagame is still but a definition in the world of brawl+ ; 9

Edit: Kill potential in teams = JIGGLYPUFF big time btw. Grab + rest = win

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
the people that can beat mk are the ones who can mix they're recovery up enough. Multiple jumps or just options in general do wonders against mk when off the stage.

Beat

Smash Ace
Rating against CPUs is pointless...

You seem to have a handle on most of his best attributes. MK can dair gimp offstage like crazy, especially against heavies. Don't fastfall it, though. You'll typically fall at the right speed to continually hit them towards the bottom.

Utilize more upair combos. Metaknight might not be able to tornado to the ceiling anymore (thank god, so boring) but he can wrack up damage and possibly kill with an upB depending on percents and DI.

Dash attack links to nair, devastating against light to medium weight enemies. IMO, Rob is the hardest character for Metaknight to kill by far. Most heavies are easily gimped, but given Rob's almost even offstage game against Metaknight along with Meta's overall weakened kill abilities, you either have to camp you balls off and keep hitting him or be utterly ruthless and fearless offstage.

A decent Metaknight overall (against a CPU at least). Also, against humans, try using the first two hits of Meta's ftilt. Most people turn into shielding cowards when that happens, setting up for a sweet, sweet grab. Fthrow links to upB most of the time. It's the most reliable, though bad DI against his upthrow or dthrow can lead to combos.

So grab more, too.

Top Bottom