• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I do really wish that MK had a spike. I'd trade Tornado for that.
A flying character with a spike is seriously a really bad idea IMO.. I would trade Tornado and SL's knock back for that lol..
INB4 Kirby

mib004

Smash Ace
quick question, how do you fight marth with metaknight. Ive been recently having trouble with marth lately, and i need to know whats the best way to approach him.

smasher01

Smash Ace
space f-airs to make him jump than tornado. You out range him on the ground just not in the air but your tornado ***** him while he is in the air. O and also marth cant really edge guard you because when you see him trying to chase you off the stage you can just tornado recover back(because remember his arials get ***** buy nado) so most of the time marth will just let you get back to the stage and try to **** you when you get up from the edge. any more questions mib004?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
quick question, how do you fight marth with metaknight. Ive been recently having trouble with marth lately, and i need to know whats the best way to approach him.
When Tyrant had given me advice on the matchup he had said:

"Every aerial that hits your shield is a free up-B"
"If he jumps you can tornado him"
"If he's on the ledge tornado him"
"If he's landing tornado him"

Take that how you will.

I think staying grounded is probably best in this matchup. I think you barely outrange him from the ground, and you can punish him best from there.

Oh and try not to get grabbed at killing percentage. He can air-release > tipper FAir, tipper DAir (timing is hard, though, so I don't think most Marth's try and do it), and I think DS (which can kill IIRC).

I don't think a spike would help MK a lot. I mean look at Kirby, he's a flying character with a spike and it doesn't help THAT much.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Maybe not... but that would still be cool! I'll see what the hackers are able to do about it.
Actually with PSA making DAir a spike would be incredibly easy, even I can do it. Just go to his DAir hitboxes and change the directory to... I think it's 10E for a spike...

Oh and, thanks :p
I'd like to know more about the Jigglypuff MU...

EDIT: This isn't a troll post, lol, I can't find *anything* on this matchup
Uhm... one thing I think I remember reading about the matchup is that Jiggs can SDI nado > rest...

I'm not sure how practical it is, but I know I've seen people mention Jiggs doing that to MK.

Idk I'd probably stay grounded and shield camp, and every time she hits your shield just up-B her...

but I have no clue, I've never even met a jiggs player lol.

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
quick question as a marth
if you let MK get a down tilt in by messing up your spacing, is there any way to avoid the followup dash grab?
it doesnt seem like there is, if the down tilt isnt psed.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
The dash grab isn't guaranteed unless the Dtilt trips... right? Because the only time I was able to follow up Dtilt with grab is after trips. Just DI away, and maybe jump and airdodge to avoid the grab. Or you can Fair maybe? I wasn't aware that Dtilt led to a grab without tripping, especially at higher percents when the Dtilt sends opponents a far ways back.

On the subject of Jigglypuff, I stay on the stage. You need good spacing, especially if you decide to go in the air. Don't spotdodge the aerial Pounds, as they last longer than your spotdodge. Up-B OoS is good (as Madness mentioned). Just keep your spacing, spacing, spacing. MK outranges Jiggs in most (if not all) areas, so just play smart.

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
sorry about the misunderstanding :p, d-tilt has a ridiculous trip chance, so yes, I meant with tripping, the few times it doesnt trip however its still tight since I expect it to.
Thanks for the ideas anyways :)

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
sorry, this was a double, anyways,
what cape uses would you recommend against a jiggs? is it practical at all?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
d-tilt has a ridiculous trip chance
I'm pretty sure it's no higher than 30%...

But, yeah, you can avoid the non-trip Dtilt > grab.

And if I were playing against Jiggs... I'd just Ftilt space and shield>Up-B OoS camp. If I were on SV I might just scrooge them just for the hell of it lol...
what cape uses would you recommend against a jiggs? is it practical at all?
Cape uses? Well there is ONE cape use I can think of.

First you press down-B... then you mash the C-stick up as fast as you can for 8 minutes straight.

Wait you were talking about LEGAL cape uses? There aren't any, really...

I mean as a mixup recovery it's kinda okay. But for anything else............ ehhhhh there's usually a better option every time......

jpak

Smash Lord
Hi,
At 1:20 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgNPbFf_cHM , M2K recovers with the tornado off the ledge. Also at 3:20, he glides up and down, I know how to glide but not the motion of oging up or down just letting it glide by itself. How is this done?
Also how do I stall with the cape, and move around the map with it accurately?

Thanks

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
To glide without using Shuttle Loop, the easiest way is to hold your jump button to initiate a glide. Use the control stick to input Up or Down to change your pitch (angle of glide), hold Up to glide Up and hold Down to glide Down, it's simple and intuitive. Stalling with the cape using the Infinite Dimensional Cape glitch is banned, but it's legal to use it to stall on the ledge. You're obviously new, so check out this thread for more information on everything Meta Knight, especially this other guide.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hey ppl. I got a question. Lately i have been wondering and i can't rly tell which move is better for DI'ing down, Dair or Uair. I know that sounds stupid but my friend when he uses mk and gets launched upwards will use Uair and seems to get back easier than me using Dair, but then i use Uair, and it doesn't seem to help much. So which is better if ur getting launched HARD up?

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
Uair, always, no matter what direction. The only thing an aerial does is let you fast fall sooner, so always use your Uair. And it's momentum cancelling, not DI'ing. DI happens when you get hit, so after you're sent flying always hold down to fast fall. It was hard for me to learn lulz.

C.J.

Smash Master
It doesn't really matter when hit straight up. You can FF on frame 1 of every aerial, you don't have to wait for it to come out, and if you c-stick down, it auto-FFs it. You want to use uair when sent horizontally because it allows you to regain control of your character so you can jump sooner and get into the corner faster letting you live longer.

breez

Smash Ace
Can somebody please explain to me the invincibility frames you can have while dropping off a ledge?

Can someone just explain to me how/why this works, and how to do it?

Thanks!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Can somebody please explain to me the invincibility frames you can have while dropping off a ledge?

Can someone just explain to me how/why this works, and how to do it?

Thanks!
Grab edge, then drop off ASAP and do an aerial or something ( like nair)

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^I'm not sure how many frames it lasts, but I know that the hitbox on NAir comes out before the invincibility goes away.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I have a question...

Why isnt he banned yet?
Because there are people who can actually deal with him and not whine like babies.
On a serious note, I think that question is more appropriate for the official MK discussion thread.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
Moving the conversation back to MK...

Say I'm at a tourney and am facing a gay MK with my straight MK. The gay MK gets a percent lead and tries to evade me on Battlefield. What is better and why: Getting a percent lead on him and camping or trying to kill him ASAP? (Assume the gay MK is adept at running away). I hear from my friend (Starwarrior27, if you know him) that a lot of people at tournies play gay, and with me going (hopefully *make it happen MJG? :(*) to my first tourney soon, I was wondering what to do against these kinds of losers.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Say I'm at a tourney and am facing a gay MK with my straight MK. The gay MK gets a percent lead and tries to evade me on Battlefield. What is better and why: Getting a percent lead on him and camping or trying to kill him ASAP? (Assume the gay MK is adept at running away). I hear from my friend (Starwarrior27, if you know him) that a lot of people at tournies play gay, and with me going (hopefully *make it happen MJG? :(*) to my first tourney soon, I was wondering what to do against these kinds of losers.
Ok first of all they aren't losers if the way they play is more effective than the way you play... They're probably trying to get you to approach to punish any mistakes you make... = trap.
There are a lot of things u can do to edge guard in the ditto.. and be more specific on getting the % lead and running... so he's basically stalling?

theunabletable

Smash Lord

Say I'm at a tourney and am facing a gay MK with my straight MK. The gay MK gets a percent lead and tries to evade me on Battlefield. What is better and why: Getting a percent lead on him and camping or trying to kill him ASAP? (Assume the gay MK is adept at running away). I hear from my friend (Starwarrior27, if you know him) that a lot of people at tournies play gay, and with me going (hopefully *make it happen MJG? *) to my first tourney soon, I was wondering what to do against these kinds of losers.
Wait, wait, wait, you're calling people who play a gay MK losers, but you play MK (who, by default, is incredibly gay)?

What a double standard.

Here's a tip. Instead of trying to play "straight", try and outgay them. And I don't really see how MK can get camped by another MK.

Oh and, guys, DMGs planking thread converted me to pro-ban (when there isn't a ledge grab limit. I still think he's fine with a ledge grab limit)...
Because there are people who can actually deal with him and not whine like babies.
On a serious note, I think that question is more appropriate for the official MK discussion thread.
Well it IS a question about MK :p

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Wait, wait, wait, you're calling people who play a gay MK losers, but you play MK (who, by default, is incredibly gay)?

What a double standard.

Here's a tip. Instead of trying to play "straight", try and outgay them. And I don't really see how MK can get camped by another MK.

Oh and, guys, DMGs planking thread converted me to pro-ban (when there isn't a ledge grab limit. I still think he's fine with a ledge grab limit)... Well it IS a question about MK :p
The MK who doesn't approach could be considered as a camper, I suppose.
And yeah I think the ledge grab rule should be universal + something to severely limit scrooging.

And I didn't want him to get the idea I was insulting him or something.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
The MK who doesn't approach could be considered as a camper, I suppose.
There's nothing wrong with camping, though. I camp with every character I play because I enjoy camping. For instance, I try and time people out in Melee as Jiggs... in friendlies :p

I think there should definitely be a ledge grab limit too. The problem I'm seeing is that MK seems to be definitely bannable without a ledge grab limit, and the SBR does not endorse ledge grab limits. I'm afraid MK will get banned in the SBR ruleset because of planking, and we'll still have MK banned tournies with ledge grab limits...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
There's nothing wrong with camping, though. I camp with every character I play because I enjoy camping. For instance, I try and time people out in Melee as Jiggs... in friendlies :p

I think there should definitely be a ledge grab limit too. The problem I'm seeing is that MK seems to be definitely bannable without a ledge grab limit, and the SBR does not endorse ledge grab limits. I'm afraid MK will get banned in the SBR ruleset because of planking, and we'll still have MK banned tournies with ledge grab limits...
Of course there's nothing wrong with camping. This is brawl lol
and I am really against the MK ban

jpak

Smash Lord
I thought it was to cancel the lag won't the lag just remain like that?

Top Bottom