• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meowth for SSBB

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Talking anime Meowth doesn't matter. Talking Meowth ALMOST got his own game, and it wasn't anime-based.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
Talking anime Meowth doesn't matter. Talking Meowth ALMOST got his own game, and it wasn't anime-based.
It featured team rocket (anime characters) so its as much anime-based as Hey You Pikachu and poklemon channel..... are they considered anime-based?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Team Rocket in that video - there's a later version of it, where they're replaced by a group of dancing Squirtles.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Well Lucario had one movie but Meowth has been a main character in the show since episode 2, 10 seasons later he's still one of the main characters. That should defiantly count for something, and before you say "Sakurai said no Anime or Manga characters" I present you with this:
Misty's SSBM Trophy:
http://nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/dol/images/cam/gal/gal_pk-t32.jpg

Misty's artwork for Fire Red and Leaf Green
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/5/55/FL_Misty.png

Misty from season one of the show
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/e/eb/Cerulean.JPG

Need I say anymore?

she is originally from the game.....

xfootdoctor

Smash Cadet
well since we have pokemon trainer

why not a team rocket

meowth wheezing and Arbok

effin tight yeah?

xianfeng

Smash Hero

she is originally from the game.....
Are you blind? Her trophy is based of the anime you dolt!

I think Meowth is a little too much pokemon, he doesn't do anything in the series but talk and talk and talk.
At least he is recognised, well known and actually important unlike Gardevoir, Pachirisu, Plusle, Minun, Lucario etc. etc. Anime wise importance that is!

well since we have pokemon trainer

why not a team rocket

meowth wheezing and Arbok

effin tight yeah?
Hell yes just make sure Team Rocket doesn't use any of their crappy "new" pokemon.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I would rather have Team Rocket's talking Meowth rather than any other Pokemon newcomer in Brawl. He's a perfect representative of all the evil and naughty Pokemon and characters from that universe and will be easier to recognize than someone like Lucario. If Sakurai HAS to put in 1 more Pokemon, let it be Meowth.

SmashWhammy

Smash Cadet
Exactly. Like I said, I haven't played anything beyong the original Blue/Red/Yellow and I haven't watched the TV show in ages, so I don't know if any of the new Pokemon (what are there, like 700 by now?) have risen to prominance like Meowth. I've seen glimpses of the show while channel surfing, and I see Meowth is still a mainstay. What he's also got going for him is the fact that he's built like a fighter. Jigglypuff was a stretch, but Meowth looks like he could kick and punch.

BTW, is double-posting typically frowned upon on this site?
  1. Team Rocket still follows Ash and try to Poke-nap Pikachu
  2. yes, double posting is a no no

xianfeng

Smash Hero

Unlike Ash, she is not based on another character from the game.. she is the same freakin person.

DeDeDe's official art in the games now is based on the anime.
You are so very slow. The trophy in SSBM looks like she does in the anime, not in the games. Yes they are the same character but in the anime she has a different outfit that never appears in the games, ever. This outfit is on her SSBM trophy, do I need to dumb it down even more for you?

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
I am very confident Meowth will be in Brawl regardless whether or not Lucario, Jiggs, or Mewtwo make it in. He was intended for both 64 and Melee. Why was there no pokeball Meowth? They planned on having him as a character but they were so low on time they just had to throw in a clone of Pikachu. I am sure they already have a moveset for him that they have had for years just like I am sure they had Diddy's moveset this whole time.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I am 100% positive he will show up somehow, hopefully playable.
you are indeed correct about him 100% appearing, as a trophy or sticker that is, but at most I believe he should only appear as a pokeball Pokemon even though he is indeed famous in the Anime

Rex+

Smash Ace
The most I see Meowth going for him is in a PokeBall, trophy, of sticker. Nothing else.
Meowth as a playable character, in my humble opinion, is about as likely as a quarter landing on its side.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, now everyone here gets to be depressed about their character not being playable like me!

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure i sayd i would say a "I told you" in this thread, so...

I TOLD YOU!.

Top Bottom